Regina Travel Answers

change location

What to Do

by deelong Online Now Feb 8, 2007 at 8:11 PM

My freinds and I would like to travel to Reginia for a "Girl's weekend". Where are some fun places to go? Nighclubs that are not stripper clubs would be our choice. A place for drinking and dancing with the young crowd. Any suggestions?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Jefie's Profile Photo

RE: What to Do

by Jefie Online Now Feb 9, 2007 at 5:09 AM

Hi! I've only been to Regina once but it seems like most of the nightclubs were located in the old warehouse district, on Dewdney Avenue. Have fun!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Camping_Girl's Profile Photo

RE: RE: What to Do

by Camping_Girl Online Now Feb 9, 2007 at 6:13 PM

Hi Dee,

It has been 10 years since I moved from Regina, but I do still get back there to visit from time to time. (I called it home for 13 years - still love the place.)

You haven't mentioned which part of the city you will be staying in, that would influence my decision on what to recommend.

As has already been mentioned, there are a number of bars along Dewdney Ave between Albert St and Broad St (some are north of Dewdney in this area) which are popular. (Soho, McNally's Tavern, The Crooked Cue, Bushwakker for starters) Brewster's on Vic Ave East is also a popular hangout. Although they never had much of a dance floor when I lived there. The 4 Seasons is usually a lot of fun, it's a smaller venue on Park St and Vic east. Also on the east side is the Pump - which is a country spot. I can't believe it's still popular after all these years. They have live entertainment and it's usually very good.

In the south end, the Travelodge on Albert South used to have a big, rockin bar with a big dance floor. ( I used to work there.)

There are also some fun places in the northwest, but that is probably quite a bit out of your way.

Regina is such a fun city - it's small and people are really friendly there - so you shouldn't have a problem with meeting some folks and having some fun, no matter where you decide to go. One thing, though - stay AWAY from the Plains on Albert and Vic!!! (You probably already know that it isn't a good spot to hang out.)

If you are looking for a great place to eat, consider Houston Pizza on Hill Avenue, Simply Delicious on Victoria (just east of the downtown area - great breakfasts!), the Copper Kettle downtown on Scarth, or Golf's Steakhouse downtown on Vic.

I hope that helps.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines