Regina Travel Answers

change location

Living in Regina, Saskatchewan

by SDBA Online Now Jun 19, 2004 at 8:25 PM

My family and I are thinking of moving to Regina (work opportunity). However, we really know nothing about what it's like to live there. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Looking for info on the best places to live in Regina, places to avoid, raise a family, community programs, etc. Thanks in advance...

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • YVRDave's Profile Photo

Re: Living in Regina, Saskatchewan

by YVRDave Online Now Jun 20, 2004 at 12:02 PM

There is a great sense of community spirit, I suspect like Owen Sound. There are smaller lakes to go to in the summer and a great football crowd. The cost of living is quite reasonable. Housing is low compared to most Capitol cities

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Living in Regina, Saskatchewan

by Shawn16 Online Now Aug 6, 2004 at 10:43 PM

Hi, I just noticed your post. It's a couple months old so I don't know if this info will still help you out. Regina has a fairly large business community and is a bit of a government town. The cost of living's pretty reasonable. I would recommend living in basically any area that is south of Victoria Avenue or in the Rochdale area or in the east end of Regina. If you need more specific info I can let you know. There are some nice character neighbourhoods close to downtown but a lot of families live in the suburbs that I've mentioned. Hope this helps.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines