Região Autónoma dos Açores

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Liquor tasting near Arcos do Cachorro

Ilha do Pico Dec 5, 2014 at 4:23 PM

I went to a liquor tasting near the Arcos do Cachorro where there were very sweet/strong samples of locally made liquor. I forget the name of the place, wondering if anyone could help?

more
    • Restaurant suggestions in/near Ponta Delgado?

Ponta Delgada Dec 18, 2014 at 7:16 AM

Do you know the name of the restaurant? Where it's located? We are staying 6 nights in Ponta Delgada and doing the usual tours to Fire Lake, Sete Cidades and Furnas....all with a local tour guide. We hope to visit the tea plantation, as well. We are staying at an apartment hotel on the waterfront near the Marina Atlantico....(Solmar Alojamentos) and would love to know which restaurants we might try when we are eating near the hotel or in the old part of town. Any ideas?

more
    • Restaurant suggestions in/near Ponta Delgado?

Ponta Delgada Dec 18, 2014 at 7:16 AM

Do you know the name of the restaurant? Where it's located? We are staying 6 nights in Ponta Delgada and doing the usual tours to Fire Lake, Sete Cidades and Furnas....all with a local tour guide. We hope to visit the tea plantation, as well. We are staying at an apartment hotel on the waterfront near the Marina Atlantico....(Solmar Alojamentos) and would love to know which restaurants we might try when we are eating near the hotel or in the old part of town. Any ideas?

2 Answers Yesterday
    • Liquor tasting near Arcos do Cachorro

Ilha do Pico Dec 5, 2014 at 4:23 PM

I went to a liquor tasting near the Arcos do Cachorro where there were very sweet/strong samples of locally made liquor. I forget the name of the place, wondering if anyone could help?

• 1 day in Ponte Delgada

Ponta Delgada Nov 4, 2014 at 9:20 AM

good day
      can someone please help me with organising a day trip to Ponte Delgada on November 6, 2014.
      i am arriving at 7 Am and was planning to rent a car for 27 euros at airport. however, i noticed that there is a roundtrip shuttle at 5 euros. which would be best?
      i am staying at canadiano hotel and leaving ponte delgada on november 7, 2014 at 3 PM.
      do i really need that car rental (since excess for 1 day is 800 euros).
      what activities should i do? please assist me with suggesting me what to do and where to go? first time in the island... thanks

5 Answers Nov 4, 2014 at 12:43 PM
    • Laundromat in Ponta Delgada

Ponta Delgada Sep 17, 2014 at 3:28 AM

Is the a laundromat (washers & dryers) in Ponta Delgada?

1 Answer Sep 17, 2014 at 3:58 AM
    • Transport on Pico

Ilha do Pico Sep 10, 2014 at 2:05 PM

What is the best/cheapest way to get from Pico airport to Lajes. Thanks.

• Docking of cruise ships

Ponta Delgada Jul 19, 2014 at 4:48 AM

where do the cruise ships dock? Is it an easy walk into the town or, is transport required. Thank you

2 Answers Jul 19, 2014 at 7:57 AM
    • cruise terminal

Ponta Delgada Jun 29, 2014 at 10:08 AM

is the cruise terminal easy to travel around from? We want to do our own tour for the day Is it possible to do private tours and are they better than the larger ones

2 Answers Jun 29, 2014 at 12:36 PM
    • If I stay close to the hospital in Ponta Delgada is that too far to walk to the City Doors

Ponta Delgada Jun 16, 2014 at 11:26 AM

If I stay close to the hospital in Ponta Delgada is that too far to walk to the City Doors

1 Answer Jun 18, 2014 at 7:36 AM
    • Diving in Ponta Delgada

Ponta Delgada Jun 9, 2014 at 11:59 AM

What diving center do you recommend in Ponta Delgada?

1 Answer Jun 18, 2014 at 7:21 AM
    • Transportation

Ponta Delgada May 29, 2014 at 9:04 AM

We need transport for 10 people from the airport to the center of Ponta Delgada. What would be the best (and cheapest) way?
      Thanks for your help
      Staf

3 Answers May 30, 2014 at 7:23 AM
    • Places to see?

Ilha Terceira Apr 20, 2014 at 2:59 PM

We are in Lajes and will not have a rental car until Tuesday to explore the Island a little further. Today we spent the day in Praia Da Vitoria. Suggestions of places we can get a taxi to tomorrow (Monday) to explore, see, or hike.

1 Answer Apr 20, 2014 at 4:50 PM
    • Taxi to Sete Cidades

Ponta Delgada Apr 7, 2014 at 1:17 AM

How much does a taxi cost to sete Cidades and back to town and how many people can share cost of ride?

6 Answers Apr 7, 2014 at 11:21 AM
    • Cruise terminal

Ponta Delgada Jan 30, 2014 at 11:45 AM

Can you walk from the cruise ship to the center of town, or do you need tom take a taxi?

3 Answers Jun 18, 2014 at 7:35 AM
    • Cruise terminal

Ponta Delgada Jan 30, 2014 at 11:43 AM

Can you walk from the cruise ship to the center of town, or do you need tom take a taxi?

• Supermarkets in Anagra do Heroismo

Angra do Heroísmo Jan 15, 2014 at 2:22 AM

Hello,

Anybody can tell me where I can find a supermarked close to the center? I searched in the web but quite unsuccessfully. Many thanks!!!

6 Answers Jan 16, 2014 at 10:46 AM
    • Which islands?

Ponta Delgada Jan 12, 2014 at 2:04 PM

Hello,
      Just discovered how easy it is to get to Azores from US. Planning a trip in May, 2014. Looks like we will stay on Sao Miguel but would like to visit 1 or 2 more islands during our one week stay. Is ferry the most cost effective way to go between islands? Which islands would be the best to visit for a day trip? Or should we stay a couple days on other islands? Any help is greatly appreciated.
      Thank you,
      Suusan

2 Answers Oct 16, 2014 at 7:44 AM
    • Holland America cruise to Rome

Ponta Delgada Jan 7, 2014 at 4:11 PM

We are on the March 30, 2014 cruise to Rome from Fort Lauderdale, and are interested in seeing the ports and stops privately rather than with the cruise line excursions. Has someone out there been on this cruise and what is the best way to see the ports and the centres visited. Our stops include Ponta Delgada, Cadiz, Almeria, Cartagena, Rome, Olympia, Santorini, Rhodes, Ephesus, Athens and Gythion. Or if someone is also on this cruise I would be interested in communication with you.
      Diana

5 Answers Jan 17, 2014 at 9:01 AM
    • Jerryd57's Profile Photo

Sight Seeing and Genealogy Research in Ponta Delgada, Azores

Ponta Delgada Dec 1, 2013 at 5:58 PM

I will be arriving in Ponta Delgada on April 6, 2014 and would like to know if there are any locals that can speak English and would be willing to take my wife on a tour for a reasonable price to see the main points of interest. In addition, I would also like to be taken to a records office to look for potential relatives. All my great grandparents were born in the Azores on my mother's side. I know the Machado one came from Terceira, the Cunha (or da Cuhna) from Graciosa, but my great grandmother who married Manuel Cunha, Mary Josephine Coelho Ramos born 11 Aug 1866 might have come from Sao Miguel. I would like to look into it if possible. Any help would be appreciated for the tour and possible records office. Thank you.

1 Answer Dec 2, 2013 at 1:37 AM
    • flores island

Ilha das Flores Oct 20, 2013 at 6:33 PM

night life on the island ?

2 Answers Oct 21, 2013 at 4:24 AM
    • Nude Beaches

Ilha de São Miguel Aug 29, 2013 at 11:25 AM

Is there nude beaches/ where at? Thanks!

2 Answers Aug 29, 2013 at 1:44 PM
    • CelineD's Profile Photo

lagoa do fogo

Ilha de São Miguel Aug 9, 2013 at 11:08 PM

Hi

I would like to know how to get to lagoa do fogo by bus from ponta delgada ?
      thank you

• sherryandterry's Profile Photo

Wheelchair access?

Ponta Delgada Jul 13, 2013 at 12:14 PM

Stopping in Ponta Delgada with a cruise in October. Cannot find info anywhere about wheelchair access either to Toilets, Public transport or Whale watching boats. Anyone know anything about accessability on the island?

5 Answers Jul 17, 2013 at 11:22 PM
    • Yarn shop in Ponta Delgada

Ponta Delgada Jul 3, 2013 at 2:09 PM

Are there any yarn (wool) shops in ponta delgada?

• Family moving to Ponta Delgada from Canada..is the ecomony as awful as we hear in the news?

Ponta Delgada Jun 27, 2013 at 11:04 AM

Hi all, my husband and I & our two young kids are planning on moving to PD late summer, I have a job offer and my husband will look for work in the next year/two...we are getting cold feet however that we are insane for moving to a country with such a struggling economy. My husband & kids hold Portuguese passports. Is the economy in Ponta Delgada as bad as the continental Portuguese cities? It's our dream to live there & raise our kids but is this the worst time? Thanks so much all

3 Answers Jun 28, 2013 at 8:56 AM
    • Piggy73's Profile Photo

Hotel Options

Ilha de São Miguel Jun 22, 2013 at 2:58 PM

We are considering a holiday to the Azores in early August and the hotel options are: Hotel Royal Garden, Hotel Vila Nova and Hotel Sao Miguel Park. I would be interested in any opinions about these places. We are looking for a quiet relaxing place - not a hotel full of loud tourists. Normally we would not book August - but it is a special birthday for my hubby.

Also any opinions about Sao Miguel would be welcome.

Thanks in advance for any tips :-)

4 Answers Jul 13, 2013 at 4:06 PM
    • Hiking Trails

Ribeira Grande Nov 14, 2012 at 8:37 AM

Are there any hiking trails near Ribeira Grande that are not too difficult and afford great views of the ocean. Also I will be taking the bus from Ponta Delgada. Do they run frequently?

4 Answers Nov 15, 2012 at 12:05 AM
    • Shuttle or taxi?

Angra do Heroísmo Sep 21, 2012 at 5:03 AM

Is there a airport shuttle bus from Terceira airport to Angra do Heroismo? How much would a taxi cost to do this trip?

1 Answer Sep 21, 2012 at 6:46 AM
    • Backpacking Azores

Região Autónoma dos Açores Sep 15, 2012 at 10:44 PM

Hello all!

Me and a friend of my plan to visit the island pretty soon (backpacking / hiking trip).

-Can someone recommend a simple place to stay in after the flight near the airport/Lajes?
      -Is there a tourist information office in Praia? Are there maps of Azores in English?
      -What are the prices like for basic foods, such as bottled water, bread, canned food?
      - Any general tips?

Thanks in advance,
      Simon

1 Answer Sep 15, 2012 at 11:47 PM
    • tigersharkjs's Profile Photo

flights to Sao Miguel

Ponta Delgada Jul 30, 2012 at 2:32 PM

A friend of mine in Providence, Rhode Island (USA) told me there is a non stop flight from either Boston or Providence to Ponta Delgada. I have not had much success locating flights to Sao Miguel. It is a 4 hour flight from the East Coast of the USA to Sao Miguel...yet I'm seeing flights from Boston to MUNICH (!!!), then to Lisbon, then to Sao Miguel. Does anyone know anything about the airlines that serve Sao Miguel? Thanks!

6 Answers May 31, 2014 at 2:02 AM
    • Bus Service Ponta Delgada to Ribeira Grande

Nordeste May 5, 2012 at 3:59 AM

Hi, does anyone have the web address for CRP Bus Company in the Azores? Avieira says download files for a complete timetable but there is no file to download! Thank you.

5 Answers May 5, 2012 at 9:26 AM