change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• moscit's Profile Photo

Things to see around Capo Vaticano

Calabria Jun 19, 2014 at 1:45 PM

HI, we,ll be going down to Capo Vaticano from Tropea for a half day. Wanted to know if there was anything of note to see besides the coastline at and around the lighthouse.

more
    • moscit's Profile Photo

Restaurants in Tropea

Tropea Jun 19, 2014 at 12:32 PM

Wondering if anyone can recommend any restaurants in town or in some towns north of Tropea.

Thanks,
      Mark

more
    • Bellarussa's Profile Photo

Tropea to Taormina.

Tropea Jun 25, 2014 at 8:36 AM

Ciao everyone! We are going to visit Tropea and Taormina in September. I know there is the train from Calabria to Sicily but wonder if there is a way to go by the boat? Like a water taxi or sightseeing boat? Also we are debating if to rent the car for the whole trip or locally if we will want to go places. Maybe taxis is safer and cheaper? Thank you in advance.

more
    • distance and travel instructions

by katahanna Online Now Apr 5, 2014 at 1:48 PM

how far is airport from ferry terminal in Raggio Calabria - ihave to pickup my car at airport after arriving fromSicily

2 Answers Apr 5, 2014 at 2:36 PM
    • Travel time

by grubbytravel Online Now Oct 5, 2013 at 10:54 PM

how much time in a car does it take if non stop from Reggio to Rochella in Calabria
      Also Reggio to Tropea
      Also Tropea across to Rochella
      Thanks

1 Answer Oct 5, 2013 at 11:41 PM
    • rainerfrank's Profile Photo

scooter renting in RegCal

by rainerfrank Online Now Aug 3, 2013 at 10:43 AM

Does anybody know a rental station for scooters (Vespa50, Yanaha50 or similar) in Reggio di Calabria (apt or town)?
      Very often some travel agencies rent them but I can not find them in the internet,

Please hurry up, I will be there on 8th October 2013.

Thanks for careing in advance. With friendly greetings from Carinthia/Austria.

RainerFrank@gmx.at

2 Answers Aug 3, 2013 at 5:02 PM
    • rainerfrank's Profile Photo

Renting a scooter in RegCal

by rainerfrank Online Now Aug 3, 2013 at 10:19 AM

Does anybody know a rental station for scooters (Vespa50, Yanaha50 or similar) in Reggio di Calabria (apt or town)?
      Very often some travel agencies rent them but I can not find them in the internet,

Please hurry up, I will be there on 8th October 2013.

Thanks for careing in advance. With friendly greetings from Carinthia/Austria.

RainerFrank@gmx.at

3 Answers Aug 3, 2013 at 12:28 PM
    • Help - how do I travel from Reggio Calabria airport to the ferry

by desireedumont Online Now Jul 22, 2012 at 4:05 PM

Im trying to get from Reggio Calabria airport to the port to catch the hydrofoil to Panarea

1 Answer Jul 22, 2012 at 8:32 PM
    • planning our trip

by JohnnyBiscotti Online Now Jan 7, 2012 at 4:05 PM

We will be traveling to Italy for a little over two months from May to July. We arrive in Rome and have about a week to travel the southern area before taking the ferry to Sicily. We have been to the Amalfi coast and Sorrento area a few times but never to Calabria. We are looking for any suggestions on where to stay and visit? Is it to much to drive from Rome to Calabria in one day, should we stop for a day or two in Sorrento (one of our favorite places)?
      How about in Sicily…we are planning to stay there about three weeks. We will have a car for our entire stay and want to take the ferry to and from Sicily. When we leave Sicily we are going to take the ferry to Genoa as we rented a flat in Portofino for 2 weeks and then a flat in Senia for three weeks where we are invited to see the Palio before returning home.

4 Answers Jan 9, 2012 at 9:07 AM
    • littlelawyer's Profile Photo

Reggio di Calabria / villa s giovanni

by littlelawyer Online Now Oct 14, 2011 at 7:43 AM

Buenosera! Getting the train from Villa San Giovanni tomorrow and forgot the guidebook with info about Reggio Di Calabria. Please can anyone help with

1. the archaeological museum - is it open on Saturdays and how do we get there from Reggio di Calabria train station

2. places to eat either in Reggio di Calabria or ideally Villa San Giovanni as we are catching a train from there late in the evening. (Anywhere with any vegetarian dishes or pizzas would be great)

Grazie!

Lucy

2 Answers Oct 14, 2011 at 10:26 AM
    • Pjpugli

by Pjpugli Online Now May 18, 2011 at 10:23 PM

I'm looking to rent an apartment in Reggio di Calabria. Need a two bedroom, for the months of August, September and October 2011. I'm having no luck search online. Does anyone know a good agency or someone to contact?

2 Answers May 24, 2011 at 3:04 PM
    • Grotta in Reggio di Calabria

by vincentbuhagiarooooo Online Now Apr 23, 2011 at 3:17 AM

Is there any natural grottas/ caves in Reggio di Calabria that we can see on our visit?

Thank you in advance

• Caves in Reggio di calabria

by vincentbuhagiarooooo Online Now Apr 22, 2011 at 10:59 AM

Hi to all,
      I would like to ask if there are any Nice Caves (Catacombs) in Reggio di Calabria that we can vist and pretty villages inner land and by the sea.

Thank you in advance

• Public transport fro airport

by vincentbuhagiarooooo Online Now Apr 18, 2011 at 9:22 AM

Hi to all and thank you in advance.
      I will be traveling to Reggio di Calabria with some friends next month and would like to ask if there is any public transport from airport to the centre of the city.

Thanx

1 Answer Apr 18, 2011 at 11:29 AM
    • NYE in Reggio Calabria

by stf261 Online Now Dec 6, 2010 at 4:24 AM

We will be spending five days in reggio calabria and we will be staying in an agriturismo up in the mountains. Can anyone guide me on the best places we should visit and what are the options for the night of New Year's Eve. Is there any kind of nightlife???

is there a good place for skiing and snow boarding????

1 Answer Dec 6, 2010 at 12:02 PM
    • London, UK to Reggio di Calabria

by agnes111 Online Now Sep 10, 2010 at 1:03 AM

Bonjourno everyone!

I live in England near London and would like to travel to Reggio di Calabria some time next year. Could anyone please tell me which are the best airports to use to get there.

Grazie!

3 Answers Sep 10, 2010 at 10:32 AM
    • oRi_5's Profile Photo

Day Trip in Reggio

by oRi_5 Online Now Aug 2, 2010 at 2:24 AM

Hi all,

We have the possibility to go for a day trip to Reggio. I don't really know much about the place so I was wondering what would be the top things to do within a day. Travel time would be in winter...betweeen November and February (excluding Christmas period).

Also if there is a particular time when it might be better to go.

Thanks!

1 Answer Aug 2, 2010 at 2:37 AM
    • sterne84's Profile Photo

trasporti pubblici verso paesini come Polistena, Giffone, Cinquefrondi.

by sterne84 Online Now Jun 9, 2010 at 9:20 AM

ciao a tutti,
      arriverò in aereo a Lamezia e mi chiedevo se ci sono dei bus per questi paesini.
      Da Lamezia stavo pensando di prendere o un treno per Gioia Tauro o la navetta che ferma a Nicotera marina..
      c'è un modo di avvicinarsi di più a questi paesini?
      Sul sito di cinquefrondi c'è scritto che c'è un treno da Gioia tauro ma non sono riuscita a trovare niente sul sito delle ferrovie italiane.

Grazie mille :))

8 Answers Jun 11, 2010 at 9:36 AM
    • Nicknac's Profile Photo

Capo Vaticano

by Nicknac Online Now Jun 25, 2008 at 10:50 AM

Hi All,

Going to Villaggio Il Gabbiano soon - any one stayed there or can advise on places to visit nearby? Tropea is nearest Town.
      Grazia!

• cemetery

by Jacklyn10 Online Now May 4, 2008 at 6:23 AM

Hi,
      My husband and I will be travelling to Reggio in Feb 09. I need to visit a cemetery which is apparently between Scido and Santa Giorgia. I believ this cemetery used to be locked and you had to get a key to go inside. I need to visit my grandparents graves there. Can anyone help me with information regarding this cemetery.

3 Answers May 28, 2008 at 7:37 AM
    • rici3333's Profile Photo

Palermo to Reggio Di Calabria and away!

by rici3333 Online Now Apr 27, 2008 at 10:13 PM

WE are in Palermo in May. We thought we would go up to Reggio Di Calabria from there; hire a car and drive North.
      2 questions. 1.Best way to get from Palermo to Reggio Di Calabria (safely..with luggage)(IE: Is there a Ferry or train??)
      2. Any reccomendations on good place to hire car in Reggio Di Calabria - preferably not in the middle of town as we will be a little nervous driving in Italy at first (we are from Australia)? We want to take the hire car right up and leave at a town somewhere near Florence in a few days / 1 week after a nice back roads drive!
      Many thanks for any reccomendations you may have.

1 Answer Apr 28, 2008 at 6:21 AM
    • Arasi

by ccar Online Now Apr 26, 2008 at 12:46 PM

I would like to visit a small ancestral town located outside of the city of reggio de calabria. Does anyone know anything about visits to such small towns. It appears to be near the aspromonte mountains and Gambari, which is a skiing & hiking destination. Thanks!

2 Answers May 28, 2008 at 7:42 AM
    • sandraitaly

by sandraitaly Online Now Apr 18, 2008 at 2:49 PM

My husband and I are planning to visit Italy in September and will be visiting his ancestral home of Sant' Ilario. Has anyone visited this small village? can you tell me something about it?

2 Answers May 28, 2008 at 7:44 AM
    • Ferries

by geoffwil Online Now Jan 11, 2008 at 1:52 PM

I wish to travel from mainland Italy (Reggio di Calabria) to Sicily with a car on a Saturday in July. I wish to book in advance to save problems. Is this the best way and if so which company should I contact?

1 Answer Jan 11, 2008 at 8:04 PM
    • nearest airport of cannes

by kleng Online Now Sep 21, 2007 at 2:00 AM

can somebody tell me the nearest airport of cannes? your answers are deeply appreciated..

3 Answers Jun 1, 2008 at 7:01 AM
    • Accomodation in Reggio Calabria

by stefanfarr8 Online Now Jun 4, 2007 at 12:03 AM

Dear all,

I have a friend of mine who will be visiting Reggio Calabria in September. He is looking for not so expensive accomodation (hotels, guest houses, etc) near Villa San Giovanni. Can you suggest anything? His budget is 60-70 Euros per night for a double room.

Kind Regards
      Stefan

Ciao a tutti,

mio amico sara in Calabria in Settembre e sta cercando un accomodazione vicino a Villa San Giovanni (Hotels, guesthouses). Potete suggerire qualcosa? Il suop budget e di 60-70 euro per notte.

Grazie Tanto
      Stefan

• REGGIO AIRPORT TO MESSINA, THEN MILAZZO?

by slickpr66 Online Now May 7, 2007 at 5:05 PM

I'm traveling with my elderly father who asked me to take him to his father's town, Milazzo, for one last visit as his health is not good. We have flights into Reggio de Calabria. I'm having a hard time trying to figure out how to get from Reggio Airport to Milazzo. Any ideas? Also, our plane comes in late at night and we would like to sleep the night nearby. Is there anything reasonalbe?

THANKS!!

2 Answers Feb 20, 2009 at 1:41 PM
    • moving to rochella

by kateC31 Online Now Apr 11, 2007 at 7:17 AM

Hello/Bounjourno

Me and my husband are relocating to rochella or nearby to live permantly. As the time is getting for us to move we are getting very nervous about taking this step, we are currently trying to learn the language but are still at the basics(i can ask for a wine and beer so im on the right track).Can anyone tell me if we will be accepted.We are going to be looking for work out their, my husband works in construction will he find work out their. My concern is that i suffer with a medical condition and im slightly worried if ill be able to get medical care out there. I would be very grateful if any can help me or just give me some advidce. Thanks to you all

Kate

1 Answer Apr 30, 2007 at 11:08 AM
    • Activities for a family ?

by DAITHI1 Online Now Mar 6, 2007 at 1:33 AM

Hi, we plan to visit Calabria this Summer and hope someone can give advise on where to stay. A hotel with good facilities and nearby attractions, etc.
      All help much appreciated, thanks, Daithí.

2 Answers Apr 16, 2008 at 5:52 PM
    • Transportation to Siracusa from Reggio di Calabria

by Carotina Online Now Mar 1, 2007 at 2:45 PM

I will be in Reggio for Easter but need to get to Siracusa by noon or 1 pm on 4/9/07. I already checked on the train schedules but can't seem to get there before the late afternoon. Can anyone suggest another mode of transportation? Is there a ferry or something?

Thanks!!!

2 Answers Mar 3, 2007 at 1:08 AM
    • Travel: Reggio-Sicily

by atpalisi Online Now Jan 20, 2007 at 7:52 AM

Is travel by ferry or hydrofoil? Is transportation available OCTober-NOVember?

1 Answer Jan 20, 2007 at 8:01 AM
    • LuchiaFeman's Profile Photo

yoga mats and english language books

by LuchiaFeman Online Now Jan 8, 2007 at 3:05 AM

Hi everybody, finally made it to reggio. Can anybody tell me where to buy a yoga mat? Also, are there any bookstores selling english language books? Also still looking for yoga classes here. If anybody has any info on any of these questions, it would be much appreciated. Blue skies to all.....

1 Answer Jan 8, 2007 at 3:43 AM
    • Delianuova

by Capazools Online Now Sep 22, 2006 at 11:31 AM

Can anyone give me any information on Delianuova? I hope to some day soon be able to visit there where my family originally came from. Thank you!

3 Answers Feb 2, 2008 at 7:19 AM