Regensburg

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Luxurious Hotel

Bavaria 16 hours ago

i am looking for a 5-star luxurious Hotel in Bavaria that is rather relaxing. (Similar to Riva hotel in Constance Lake if you have visited before)

more
    • Getting to Weltenberg

Weltenburg Apr 15, 2014 at 4:05 PM

We will be coming from Kelheim and were thinking about hoofing it at some point to the Abbey, and then boating back. Can anyone advise on where to catch a reasonable walking point? And about one way on ferry back?

more
    • Environment zone sticker

Munich Apr 16, 2014 at 5:12 PM

We are renting a car in France and driving to Munich. Hotel is located in environent zone. How hard is it to get a sticker for this. I have heard you can get them at the border. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

more
    • cost taxi fare

Passau Apr 3, 2014 at 12:45 PM

Taxi fare from Passau Railway Stn to Hotel Passaeur Wolf Hotel.

more
    • How would I get here from Munich?

Ettal Mar 23, 2014 at 7:50 AM

Hello,

How would I get to this beautiful town from Munich via the rail system? I will only have my global rail pass during my time in Europe but I have fallen in love with the beauty and peacefulness of Ettal.

Thanks,
      Kaycee

more
    • Munich or Reykjavik??

Munich Apr 8, 2014 at 12:19 PM

I'm meeting a friend in Munich 22Aug and my airline ticket I'm booking has a layover in Reykjavik. If possible, I'd love to stay a day in Iceland and explore and meet my friend in Munich a few hours before she lands. Or Land in Munich a day early and explore Munich. I haven't called the airline to see if it's at all possible to extend my layover for the same price, but for those of you who have done both....what are you thoughts? 27Female traveling alone. Reykjavik or Munich for a day?? Things to see, how expensive is food and hotels you recommend? I'm obviously on a budget (aren't we all?) Safety of both? Any and all input is much appreciated!

Cheers!

more
    • Roseninsel

Starnberger See Apr 8, 2014 at 9:05 AM

I really want to see Roseninsel :) I'm note really sure on which S bahn station is better to drop off. Feldafing? Possenhofem? Is it far if I walk from the S station?

more
    • theron7's Profile Photo

6 Hour Layover

Munich Apr 2, 2014 at 5:42 AM

1st time visitor here. My son and I, he is 18, have a 6.5 hour layover on Monday, July 30. e want to go into town see a market and then hit a beer garden before continuing on to Athens. Are there any particular Beer gardens that should not be missed and that are easily assessable in our time frame? Thanks for your help!

more
    • Lindau / Lake Konstanz in Easter April 2014

Lindau Mar 26, 2014 at 8:56 AM

We are a couple with a 2 year old daughter and wish to travel to Lindau & Lake Constance in April 2014 during Easter. How is the weather during this period historically and will there be tourists shops / travel boats / restaurants open during this time.
      We want to make Lindau our base with a holiday apartment for 4-5 nights. Any suggestions on nearby excursions / car drives most welcome...will be hiring a car from Memmengin airport.
      Thanks so much for your time.

more
    • cmillard's Profile Photo

Ghotel Hotel & Living Munchen-Zentrum

Munich Apr 12, 2014 at 9:14 PM

Another question regarding this hotel please. We will be taking the train to Venice after we leave Germany. Is this hotel closer to the main train station or to the train station at the airport?

Thank you,
      Mickey

more
    • mountain climbing/hiking

Passau Apr 1, 2014 at 8:06 AM

Looking for a beautiful place to hike/climb not far from Passau. Preferably the alps.

more
    • basstbn's Profile Photo

From boat to train station?

Nürnberg Apr 4, 2014 at 11:17 AM

We will be arriving in Nürnberg (late June) via Viking Cruise Line, and traveling on to Prague. Because we are taking a diversion from the Viking package, we will be on our own regarding transportation to the Nürnberg train or bus station. Can anybody in the VT community tell us how to get from the boat docks to the central stations?

more
    • Help with iternary for Munich and surrounding areas

Munich Apr 2, 2014 at 2:19 PM

I will be in the Munich (thats where my flight lands). I am traveling with my family (2 kids: 9 month and 7 year old). This is my iternary

Date Location

3-Jul Munich

4-Jul Munich

5-Jul Bavarian forest

6-Jul Bavarian forest

7-Jul Bavarian forest/Salsburg

8-Jul Salsburg

9-Jul Salsburg

10-Jul Munich

11-Jul Munich

Does anyone have any suggestion on my iternary.

Please help

Thanks

aatiman

more
    • Student Traveler

Munich Apr 8, 2014 at 6:09 PM

I am a journalism student at the University of South Carolina and will be traveling to Munich and Berlin in May with a class. My group project is to report on unique places in Munich and Berlin. We are looking to go to places that are bizarre or wacky is some aspect (for example: the Currywurst Museum, Peacock Island or Tropical Islands Berlin). Do you have any suggestions or any contacts in either of the two cities? I would really appreciate the help!

Thanks,
      Abbey O'Brien

more
    • Travel to Geiselwind

Geiselwind Apr 13, 2014 at 7:15 AM

How can i go to Geiselwind from Frankfurt airport? Is there any bus or train? How much will i spend for it? What time can i take the bus or train?

more
    • Will Wurzburg train platforms be listed on D bahn?

Würzburg Mar 27, 2014 at 3:03 PM

We are going from Rothenburg to Frankfurt Airport with a connection in Wurzburg. There is little time between trains and no platforms listed. I am wondering how to find out the platform numbers ahead so we don't miss the train.

more
    • Is there anyone who is traveling to regensburg, germany? Or bavaria?

by filipking Online Now Oct 30, 2013 at 6:20 AM

I would like to go to Regensburg as soon as possible and I am trying to find someone who is already planing to travel to Regensburg or somewhere near, in Bavaria.

You can contact me on
      Filleeeee9@hotmail.com

and we can talk more, I can describe myself and more.

Thank you
      Filip

3 Answers Oct 30, 2013 at 11:45 AM
    • r3marg1m2c@hotmail.com

by MargaretRob3 Online Now Oct 5, 2013 at 10:26 PM

What bus do we catch to get to Regensburg from Frankfurt or Amsterdam?

8 Answers Oct 6, 2013 at 12:45 PM
    • Kathrin_E's Profile Photo

Christmas markets within reach from Regensburg

by Kathrin_E Online Now Oct 23, 2012 at 10:42 AM

Planning this year's Advent trip, I'd like to ask you guys for a good recommendation for one more day trip from Regensburg.
      Ok so here is the plan:

Base camp is Regensburg for probably 5, maybe 6 nights. Travel time is mid December, either around 2nd or 3rd Advent weekend.

- 2 days for Regensburg itself and its 4 markets.

- Day trip to Passau

- Day trip to Landshut

- Day trip to - ??? I would like a small city or a town (not Nürnberg please, have been more than once, and not Munich) with a nice Christmas market plus something to see in the town centre. Max. one hour by train from Regensburg. Preferably a place where I have not yet been - that points to directions Oberpfalz and Niederbayern and anything North and East/Southeast of Regensburg. Straubing? Weiden? Amberg?

Any ideas and experiences?

13 Answers Oct 29, 2012 at 5:58 PM
    • Holiday flat Regensburg?

by bernd_senf Online Now Sep 28, 2012 at 1:03 PM

Hi,

we want to make holiday in a holiday flat in Regensburg.
      Can someone advise a good an cheap one?

Does someone know this?
      ferienwohnung-regensburg.jim...

Thanks

1 Answer Sep 28, 2012 at 5:24 PM
    • dyah.ES's Profile Photo

train from Bad Bentheim to Regensburg

by dyah.ES Online Now Oct 6, 2011 at 6:46 AM

Hi
      Anyone have any info about train from Bad Bentheim (German border with Holland) to Regensburg?
      I need to know if I can go by train and how long does it take
      my big thanks in advance

2 Answers Oct 6, 2011 at 10:07 PM
    • 2 days in Regensburg and 1 day in Würzburg or vice versa?

by ruben__ariel Online Now Jun 21, 2011 at 9:12 AM

I'll be in Bavaria next September visiting Bamberg, Füssen, Würzburg, and Regensburg. I have 3 days to split between Regensburg and Würzburg. Which one do you think it's easier to visit in 1 day? Which one would require more time to walk around, visit museums, churches, palaces, cafes, etc?

8 Answers Jun 23, 2011 at 6:29 PM
    • Regensburg to Kelheim

by wompbomp Online Now Feb 5, 2011 at 11:29 AM

We will visit Regensburg in May and would like to take the cruise to and from Kelheim to the Weltenburg monastery. What is the best way to get to Kelheim? Can we take a bus direct from Regensburg? Thank you.
      Carol

3 Answers Feb 5, 2011 at 12:08 PM
    • Travel book store in Regensburg

by JerryKoch Online Now Nov 27, 2010 at 6:11 PM

I am looking for the e-mail address of the travel related book store in Regensburg, Germany which sells the "Bikeline" cycle touring maps. Thanks, Jerry Koch

1 Answer Nov 27, 2010 at 9:49 PM
    • Question about Rain in May

by wompbomp Online Now Aug 28, 2010 at 11:18 AM

We plan on visiting for a few days in late May. I have checked various weather websites, and know to expect rain. But what is typical, if there is such a thing? Is it likely to rain all day, or are there periods of rain and then clearing? Is the rain generally heavy, or relatively light? Frequent thunderstorms? Thanks for trying to answer what may be an impossible question!
      Carol

6 Answers Sep 8, 2010 at 11:40 AM
    • In need of a bus rental company

by Texasjaeger Online Now Jun 19, 2009 at 7:54 AM

I need to rent a bus to take 15-20 people from Regensburg to Dachau and back in September. Can anyone recommend an affordable bus company?

3 Answers Jun 19, 2009 at 9:20 AM
    • Red Light District in Regensburg?

by Kory24 Online Now Apr 8, 2008 at 7:18 AM

Hi everyone!

Is there a redlight district in Regensburg? I will be at Regensburg for 4 nights and actually I am looking for fun! (21 Apr. - 25. April) or something else for having "good" time? (any parties or clubs). I would be precieted for any help or idea. thx!

• Gay Bar in Regensburg

by fever2000 Online Now Apr 1, 2008 at 4:57 AM

Hi,
      Can anybody tell me if there is a Gay bar in Regensburg (Street, postcode ...)
      Many thanks.

1 Answer Apr 1, 2008 at 4:36 PM
    • Scotland v Italy....Nov 17th

by ecossefcuk Online Now Nov 12, 2007 at 2:52 PM

Is there any bars in Regensberg which will show the Scotland v Italy....Biggest Scotland game for years and dont want to miss it....

1 Answer Nov 13, 2007 at 11:39 PM
    • DLITTLE1969's Profile Photo

Where to eat during Christmas Holidays

by DLITTLE1969 Online Now Sep 10, 2007 at 7:33 PM

I will be traveling to Regensburg 12/24 – 12/26. Will there be places to eat. My brother lives in Augsburg, he explained around holidays things tend to shut down. With that said do I need to take groceries? I have been two other times to Regensburg but only in the spring. Thanks for you help. Daniel Little

3 Answers Sep 20, 2008 at 12:59 AM
    • peterktan's Profile Photo

church services

by peterktan Online Now Aug 15, 2007 at 7:54 PM

I'm going to be in Regensburg in early October, and I would like to attend a church service on Sunday morning - not just look at the architecture. Could folks give advice about which one I should go to? (I'm from an Anglican background in Singapore - I assume there won't be a service in English.)

2 Answers Aug 16, 2007 at 11:56 PM
    • Keafolk's Profile Photo

Hostels and cheap but good stays in Regensburg

by Keafolk Online Now Aug 3, 2006 at 6:39 AM

Where's the best place to stay in Regensburg on
      a limited budget ?? Thanks VT ers. You're
      a tremendous help to us in planning our once
      in a lifetime (hopefully not) trip to Europa!

Kathy

• Vikmik's Profile Photo

Pope's visit in Sep06 - any known train interruptions?

by Vikmik Online Now May 30, 2006 at 5:01 AM

Hi everyone,

I was planning to travel from Prague to Regensburg on 9Sep06 but only discovred that Pope Benedict is going to visit town at the same time. appreciate if locals can advise me of any tain/transport disruptions or shop closure and if I have any problems traveling to and from Regensburg at that time
      thanks a lot

1 Answer Jun 5, 2006 at 9:50 AM
    • RobertMRedfield's Profile Photo

Where to buy a FAX machine in Regensburg

by RobertMRedfield Online Now Apr 20, 2006 at 10:47 AM

Where can I buy a FAX machine in Regensburg, Germany? I live in the US and want to buy it as gift for my friend who lives in Regensburg. She would go to the store to pick it up but I would pay for it.

Thanks!
      Robert
      robert@redfieldpictures.com

1 Answer Apr 20, 2006 at 11:18 AM
    • PhillyJohn's Profile Photo

Boys choir in Regensburg Dom

by PhillyJohn Online Now Feb 17, 2006 at 2:27 PM

I have read (perhaps here on VT) that Regensburg's Dom has a boys choir that rivals Vienna. Does anyone know when they can be heard? I think I read that the 9am Mass on Sunday is when, but I would like to be sure & then plan our day in Regensburg around this. Thanks

• PhillyJohn's Profile Photo

Boys choir in Regensburg Dom

by PhillyJohn Online Now Feb 17, 2006 at 2:27 PM

I have read (perhaps here on VT) that Regensburg's Dom has a boys choir taht rivals Vienna. Does anyone know when they can be heard? I think I read that the 9am Mass on Sunday is when, but I would like to be sure & then plan our day in Regensburg around this. Thanks

1 Answer Feb 17, 2006 at 3:12 PM
    • gypsycamp's Profile Photo

Where's the Goddess?

by gypsycamp Online Now Jul 7, 2005 at 4:25 AM

I'm traveling to Regensburg in about a week and am looking for statues and/or paintings of gods and goddesses.
      Any assistance is appreciated.
      G

• old part of the city

by evila Online Now May 18, 2005 at 6:31 PM

I am especially interested in cities that have a medieval inner city still in tact. To those of you who have visited Regensburg: Does it have an old part or is it mainly modern? I understand that Nurnberg and Bamberg have parts that were either untouched or have been beautifully rebuilt but would appreciate information on Regensburg

6 Answers Nov 28, 2008 at 6:21 AM