Redondo Beach Travel Answers

change location
Ingeborga's Profile Photo

Child-friendly Places

by Ingeborga Online Now Jan 22, 2012 at 1:01 PM

I am looking for child-friendly places in the Redondo Beach area, both indoor and outside. Playgrounds, coffee shops, interactive museums. Something apppropriate for 3-4 year olds.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • zuriga's Profile Photo

Re: Child-friendly Places

by zuriga Online Now Jan 22, 2012 at 9:49 PM

From what I remember, there are a lot of coffee shops along the Pacific Coast Highway. We stayed there years ago, but I don't think that will have changed. If you have a car, it's a short drive up to Seal Beach, a town I really enjoy. There are lots of shops there and the pier has a great Ruby's (restaurant) at the end.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • yentseng's Profile Photo

by yentseng Online Now Mar 2, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Redondo beach pier is a great place for family to take a walk, especially the fish Market, the kids got to see all the different sorts of seafood. This location includes a mix of beaches, shopping and entertainment.
    For little kids who are interested in watching animals, Sea lab is a good choice.They have tanks inside with various fish to look at and touch,they also have a nice outdoor tank with some big fish.
    For kids who love to play with water you can visit Seaside Lagoon, and Lomita Railroad museum is a choice of museum worth visiting.

• flynboxes's Profile Photo

by flynboxes Online Now Mar 2, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Palos Verdes is about 20 min south. There is an ice skating rink in the shopping center at the top of the hill, several parks within a few miles of the rink and a whale watching museum/interpretive center at the end of Hawthorne Blvd. As the other poster stated the Sea Lab in King Harbor (Redondo Beach) is great but keep in mind they are in the process of recovering from an accident where chemicals from a defective pipe leaked into the some of the tanks and killed several fish (the touch tanks were not affected).

Enjoy your stay.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines