Red Deer Travel Answers

change location

Which communities in Red Deer are safe?

by joejojojo Online Now Jan 19, 2007 at 7:58 PM

Hi, I'm a young business woman looking for a place in Red Deer, AB with my sister. I'm wondering from anyone who's lived/been there, what are the safest communities to start out in?

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • 1jabbar's Profile Photo

RE: Which communities in Red Deer are safe?

by 1jabbar Online Now Jan 19, 2007 at 8:43 PM

Probably better to ask where isn't it safe. Its Red Deer, Alberta, not Red Deer New York.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • polartraveller's Profile Photo

by polartraveller Online Now Jan 22, 2007 at 2:57 PM

Red Deer is a small place, try to find something around the Red Deer College area. There are however the infamous motorcycle gangs in the city.

• Segolily's Profile Photo

by Segolily Online Now Jan 22, 2007 at 9:40 PM

There are communities in Red Deer?

• stoogr's Profile Photo

by stoogr Online Now Feb 4, 2007 at 8:50 AM

Red Deer is a safe place. There are no areas of the city that need to be avoided because of safety concerns, but there are a couple of older areas close to downtown where you have a greater chance of having your car broken into. Compared to most cities the crime rate is very low.

• Re: Which communities in Red Deer are safe?

by OMGWTFBBQ Online Now Dec 18, 2009 at 12:21 AM

After living in Red Deer for the first 18 years of my life before heading out to college, I have a fair amount of certainty in the city. The general rule is the outer subdivisions are best and the newer the better, if you can afford it. If not try to find smaller communities away from downtown, I lived in Fairview (Formerly upper Fairview), it was a quiet, older neighborhood, that was a 5min walk from the downtown core. Generally, just avoid living downtown and in Riverside Meadows, Highland Green, and anything just south of downtown (excluding Mountview, which is a very nice neighborhood). Hope this is helpful.

• Re: Which communities in Red Deer are safe?

by OMGWTFBBQ Online Now Dec 18, 2009 at 12:23 AM

I forgot to mention the reason to avoid the certain areas listed in my reply. There tends to be a higher number of drug-users in this area (due to them being the cheaper areas of town for houses) and thus they have a higher crime rate.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines