Recife

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Travel warnings?

Cuiabá 10 hours ago

Are there any safety concerns when visiting Cuiaba?

more
    • current info. Website is 2008

Manaus Apr 8, 2014 at 6:44 PM

Has anyone made the trip recently from Manaus to guayana city.
      Also any knowledge about flights from Manaus to same or caracus without having to go back to Sao Paulo or Panama city.
      Help would be appreciated.

more
    • CRUISE TERMINAL

Rio de Janeiro Apr 6, 2014 at 9:00 AM

IS THE NEW CRUISE TERMINAL COMPLETE AND FUNCTIONING ?

more
    • Tara2001's Profile Photo

Salvador, is it best to stay in the Pelourinho? Any hostel recommendations?

Brazil Mar 27, 2014 at 9:46 AM

Hi all,

I'm visiting Salvador for 3 nights in April and was wondering if the Pelourinho is the best area to stay in? I am looking to stay in a hostel that is safe and secure, but also sociable where I can meet likeminded solo travellers. Any suggestions??

more

Anyone in Salvador from 7th - 10th April?

Brazil Mar 27, 2014 at 9:42 AM

Hi guys,

Is anyone in Salvador from 7th - 10th April that would want to meet up and do some sight seeing etc? Get in touch! :)

more
    • 1 day city tour with airport transfers

Brasília Mar 19, 2014 at 12:04 AM

Hola
      We are arriving in Brasilia early on June 30 there will be 4 of us
      We need to have a day tour and back at airport by 415 PM for flight out
      I will be also at game at 1300 and rest of people will continue tour.
      can we arrange this with you so we get picked up at airport in the morning start tour and pick me up at stadium and back to airport?
      How much will it be?
      thanks
      hector

more
    • travelswithsteve's Profile Photo

Airport Customs and Immigration

Rio de Janeiro Apr 9, 2014 at 6:51 AM

Flying London Heathrow to Vitoria (VIX) via Rio (GIG) with TAM. Does anyone know if I have to pick up my luggage and clear Customs at Rio or will it be at final destination ?

more
    • JosephW10's Profile Photo

Help in itinerary

São Paulo Apr 7, 2014 at 3:59 AM

Hi,

I am 29 and will be travelling alone from 13 April till 30april.

I planned to fly into São Paulo and stay for 3 nights, fly into rio for 3 nights, fly into Cusco and Machu Picchu for 4 nights, fly into bueno Aries and Iguzzua falls for 4 nights before heading back to São Paulo and back to Singapore.

Any one can advise me if this will be any problems with my planning ?

Alternatively I can do it the other way round São Paulo, bueno Aries, cusco, rio and back to São Paulo. I am not sure how different will the trip be if I choose to do this route.

I will stay in hostel and join local tours for all activities.

Thank you so much

more
    • Travel with BUS from Natal to Salvador in Brazil

Natal Apr 4, 2014 at 11:45 AM

I need to travel from Natal, RN to Salvador Bahia by BUS, anyone know what Bus company I can buy ticket to travel to Salvador?

more
    • panatanal tours

Pantanal Mar 19, 2014 at 12:08 AM

I arrive in Cuiba late on july 5th
      whats best way to get a tour of pantanal from Cuiba or should I go further south?
      Do i use a car or hir ea guide?
      thanks
      we are a family of 4

more
    • Travelling Pantanal

Pantanal Apr 9, 2014 at 3:11 AM

How can i travel Pantanal without tying myself to a 4-5 day tour? I want to make it flexible and yet be able to do everything. Is it possible to do this independently?

more
    • Two days in Argentina

Foz do Iguaçu Mar 31, 2014 at 3:40 AM

I am travelling to see the falls in June. I would like to spend 2 days exploring the Argentina side and a day and a half on the Brazilian side. I am flying into Foz do Iguacu. Would you recommend I stay in Brazil and travel to Argentina each day. Or should I stay in Argentina overnight?

more
    • Currency exchange at the Crossover

Foz do Iguaçu Mar 27, 2014 at 9:49 PM

Is there an exchange at the border after you enter Argentina? After seeing the Brazilian National Park, we are heading for the Argentina National Park and the Sheraton. We'll need pesos to pay to get into the park.

more
    • JosephW10's Profile Photo

Help in itinerary

Rio de Janeiro Apr 7, 2014 at 4:00 AM

Hi,

I am 29 and will be travelling alone from 13 April till 30april.

I planned to fly into São Paulo and stay for 3 nights, fly into rio for 3 nights, fly into Cusco and Machu Picchu for 4 nights, fly into bueno Aries and Iguzzua falls for 4 nights before heading back to São Paulo and back to Singapore.

Any one can advise me if this will be any problems with my planning ?

Alternatively I can do it the other way round São Paulo, bueno Aries, cusco, rio and back to São Paulo. I am not sure how different will the trip be if I choose to do this route.

I will stay in hostel and join local tours for all activities.

Thank you so much

more
    • eversure's Profile Photo

Taxi or airport bus?

Sao Paulo Mar 24, 2014 at 6:20 AM

We are a family of 5 (parents with 3 teenagers). We need to get from GRU to Congonhas. Will it be more convenient to take airport taxi or airport bus? In most places we have gone to, the individual cost for the bus is sometimes just the same as for a taxi and the taxi seems to be quicker. Thanks.

more
    • DavidM184's Profile Photo

Daily Tours from Rio and return

Rio de Janeiro Apr 9, 2014 at 11:29 AM

Can you advise what i should not miss/thank you. Dave

more

Visa's and volunteering (I'm British)

Brazil 22 hours ago

I'm hoping to go and volunteer in Rio, working in a youth hostel for a few months. I understand I can do this on a normal 90 day visa, is that right?

And also, how many days do I need to leave the country before I can return on another 90 day visa?

more
    • Recife to Natal - hire a driver

by Zakkaa Online Now Dec 11, 2013 at 4:13 PM

How much would it cost to hire a driver (with car) for one day to take us from Recife to Natal and back again for a World Cup game? The car doesn't need to be particularly nice

2 Answers Jan 13, 2014 at 2:12 PM
    • Travel to Recife in October 2013

by harry0704 Online Now Sep 21, 2013 at 9:09 PM

Is anyone travelling to Recife during October for Recifolia ?

1 Answer Sep 22, 2013 at 5:43 AM
    • JulieUSA's Profile Photo

I broke my friends gift and need to replace it!

by JulieUSA Online Now Aug 29, 2013 at 6:44 AM

Where can I find a ornate machete with like animal skull head w jutting teeth on the handle in a elaborate sheath. It looks like its made of ceramic and wood with rocks, marbles for eyes on a face. The blade says Tramontina Brasil and the sheath is stamped Cecero Recife. I broke it and it was a prized gift from an Uncle to a teenager. I've been searching for days. Any advice? Thank you! Julie

7 Answers Aug 29, 2013 at 12:42 PM
    • Where to rent a car? (@Recife Airport)

by JarlElisif Online Now Jun 29, 2013 at 5:19 AM

Hi,

I will be arriving in Recife on the 3th of august. I want to rent a car to travel up North (or South) to explore. I have no plans but love the freedom of having a car.

I can't seem to find a rental company that looks trustworthy enough. I need unlimited mileage, pick up or meet&greet at the airport and good insurance. Does anyone have experience with rentals at Recife Airport? I could really use some help here! (And advice on places to drive to also never hurts! ;)

Thanks guys! Greetings

2 Answers Jul 16, 2013 at 7:03 PM
    • Water & Food

by joslan Online Now Jun 2, 2013 at 6:09 AM

i will spend 2 weeks in Refice pretty much by myself.. Is it "safe" to drink the water and eat in Recife or should i be careful? Dos and dont in regards to eating and drinking in restaurants etc

Thank you

8 Answers Jun 5, 2013 at 10:45 AM
    • Recife Synagogue

by loum140 Online Now Feb 20, 2013 at 11:56 AM

How can we gain admittance into the Synagogue in Recife?

3 Answers Feb 23, 2013 at 5:43 AM
    • Cruise Port to Natal Attractions

by hockeyjock Online Now Aug 14, 2012 at 5:25 PM

What is the distance from the Cruise Ship Port to the main attractions in Recife, can one walk safely if not a long distance or best to take a taxi.

2 Answers Aug 15, 2012 at 5:27 PM
    • solo;pes Recommended Roberto

by lyndaler Online Now Jun 3, 2012 at 11:49 PM

solopes recommended a driver named "Seu" Roberto for the city of Recife, but I don't see any contact info...unless it is the number +558 191 020 402??

Does Roberto have an email address?

3 Answers Jun 5, 2012 at 3:25 PM
    • Recife/Olinda

by Mickely Online Now May 3, 2012 at 2:25 PM

I will be staying about a day and a half in Recife. My hotel is in Boa Viagem and the same amount of time in Olinda. Any recommendations on where to eat (I love the world of food) and what to see and do in a limited amount of time. I love to walk as long as it is safe. Thanks for any recommendations.

4 Answers May 7, 2012 at 9:11 AM
    • From Recife to Olinda

by selenaK Online Now Dec 19, 2011 at 9:24 AM

Hello all,

I am glad to find this forum!
      Can one go from Recife to Olinda by taxi? If so, how much (approximately) is it? How long does it take?
      Also, was the exchange currency a simple process? Where did you find the best current rate?

Thanks for any suggestions and insights!

3 Answers Dec 20, 2011 at 10:43 PM
    • traa's Profile Photo

New year´s eve

by traa Online Now Dec 25, 2010 at 4:02 AM

Hello,
      my husband and I will be arriving in Recife on december 31st around 10:30pm and we´ll stay only till the next day night. We´ll have around 24 hours and we´re wondering if there´s anything we can do during our stay. does anybody know about some place to go and celebrate the new year? or should we count on animation on the streets? Do you think it will be easy to find a place to have a meal? and on the 1st january is everything closed? we are pretty clueless about this short trip (work trip for my husband). We would love to have some kind of animation that night and yet we would like to visit old recife and maybe olinda but consedering it will be the 1st, maybe we will be stucked in the hotel...
      any suggestions are wellcome!
      Thank you, Tânia

6 Answers Dec 30, 2010 at 3:23 AM
    • Visiting Olinda and Tamandaré

by aynavaz Online Now Dec 7, 2010 at 7:27 AM

We will be visiting Olinda and Tamandaré beaches next february 2011 and I would appreciate any help or recommendation of pousadas or hotels for a small/medium budget. We will have no car so i guess it´s important to be near town center in both places. We will stay in Olinda only for a couple of days and we will expend about 10 days in tamandaré. Thanks in advance for your help!
      -Ayna

8 Answers Dec 8, 2010 at 12:22 AM
    • Visiting Recife and Tamandare

by drcpas Online Now Nov 7, 2010 at 2:41 AM

We will be visiting Recife/Olinda for three days in December then we will be renting a car and spending a week in Tamandare. We want to explore and sightsee to Porto de Galinhas and other beach towns south of Recife. I am wondering how the road conditions are to Tamandare. It looks like a short 50 miles but I am wondering also should we take the main highway 101BR then PE 073 or 101BR to PE060? How is PE 060? Any help will be very appreciated.
      -Gail

4 Answers Nov 7, 2010 at 7:45 PM
    • Taxi driver

by JanetMargaret Online Now Oct 9, 2010 at 5:46 AM

Salopes recommended a taxi driver in Recife. Can you give me an idea of the cost for a day's hire, please.

3 Answers Nov 18, 2010 at 6:54 AM
    • bus to Salvador

by olaleye4 Online Now Oct 26, 2009 at 6:12 PM

We are two girls thinking of going by bus to Salvador from recife on 11/12th Feb 2010 for the Salvador carnival ( that starts on the 11th)
      Does anyone know if this is possible (11th is a Thursday)
      We arrive in Recife onthe 8th so can't book until then. Do you think this is leaving it too late & it will be difficult to get a seat because of carnival. Also does anyone know how much it is, how long it takes or if you can prebook on line at all!!!
      Thanks

2 Answers Dec 14, 2009 at 4:03 PM
    • biztraveler1966's Profile Photo

English speaking, safe driver for this Friday?

by biztraveler1966 Online Now May 4, 2009 at 9:38 PM

Does anyone know of a reliable, safe and English speaking driver to pick me up at Recife airport early Friday morning and take a leisurely (long) drive up the coast to Natal? May want to stop from time to time along the way. Thanks....

1 Answer May 5, 2009 at 5:19 AM
    • Social groups for young people in Recife?

by davidson76 Online Now Mar 29, 2009 at 6:39 PM

Hi there,

My sister is an American graduate student staying in Recife for another four months (she's studying Art History there), and I'm trying to find ways for her to engage in more social activities. It would be wonderful if there were some sort of social group that she could do fun things with. She's 31, and speaks extremely good Portuguese.

If any of you have any tips for us, please let me know!

Thanks,
      Alexandra

2 Answers Mar 30, 2009 at 9:16 AM
    • Linnea13's Profile Photo

July 2009 in NE Brasil

by Linnea13 Online Now Nov 29, 2008 at 8:17 AM

Oi gente! I am thinking about a trip to BR in July for about 4 weeks. I am a single female traveler and I speak Portuguese and I haven't been to the NE in over 20 years. I am wondering what cities/locations I should check out, cheap places to stay, etc. I love the pics of the ceramics factory/gallery - very cool!

8 Answers Dec 29, 2008 at 5:08 PM
    • Travel to Recife/Porto de Galinhas

by Christine08 Online Now Oct 6, 2008 at 6:20 AM

Hi,I'll be travelleling to Recife/Porto de Galinhas in November with my family, including my 4 year old son. I'd love to recive some recommendations to what to see and do in the area besides going to the different beaches:) Thanks a lot!

3 Answers Nov 4, 2008 at 9:14 AM
    • sorayamonique's Profile Photo

volunteering in Recife with children

by sorayamonique Online Now Apr 4, 2008 at 10:22 AM

Hey Guys,
      I am looking to do about a months volunteering in Recife july/august time! I have found what i am looking for with both 'volunteer brazil' and 'volunteerabroad'! 'Volunteering Brazil i believe works out cheaper but i would really appreciate any advice or info on either organisation!! I will intially be traveling by myself so i am keen to know about any safety issues, reliability of the organisations etc!! any information would be really appreciated!!!

Thanks,
      Soraya
      xxxxxx

1 Answer Apr 11, 2009 at 5:38 PM
    • ladysail's Profile Photo

Good news about shuttle...

by ladysail Online Now Feb 14, 2008 at 6:56 PM

The tour company will pick us up at the port!!! That is great news.

The next piece of news that they had for us...they will not drive us up the hill to Olinda. The tour says Recife/Olinda....

My question is.....does anyone know how steep or long this 'hill' is? Do you think we can walk up.

It seems very strange and we've asked the tour director exactly what they mean by this.

I thought I'd ask all you friendly, helpful folks.

Thank you,
      Joyce

9 Answers Feb 15, 2008 at 12:33 PM
    • ladysail's Profile Photo

Hotel close to the cruise port

by ladysail Online Now Dec 17, 2007 at 11:36 PM

Hello...we are arriving by cruise ship into Recife in March. Our tour, through Viator, will not pick us up at the port...only at a hotel. Could someone tell me what the closet hotel to the cruise port would be?

Thank you so much.

Joyce

4 Answers Jan 14, 2008 at 8:13 AM
    • Bus from Recife to Natal

by brownga Online Now Oct 3, 2007 at 7:24 PM

My friends and i need to get a bus from Recife to Natal from Jan 19 2008 and have to arrive by Jan 30 2008. I was wondering if anyone knows how long this will take, how much it will cost and if we should pre book or just any good information?

3 Answers Nov 8, 2007 at 1:23 PM
    • Will I need a car?

by tkutlow Online Now Apr 24, 2007 at 7:48 AM

I've been discussing a possible job in the Boa Viagem area of Recife. I've heard that Boa Viagem is one of the nicest areas of the city and that the city in general is very close to the ocean. One thing I'm concerned about is transportation. How feasible is it to live in Boa Viagem ithout a car? In other words, how expensive are taxis? And how extensive is the bus service? I imagine that during the week I'll be staying in Boa Viagem but on the weekends I'll want to do some exploring. Is there train service to other cities?

I've been living in Taiwan the past year and the main mode of transportation is 125 cc scooters. Would something like this be practical in Brazil?

Thanks very much for any help.

Tom

4 Answers Oct 2, 2007 at 5:02 PM
    • How to get to Rio from Porto de Galinhas

by LouiseT Online Now Jan 2, 2007 at 4:47 AM

Hi! I am planning to go to Porto de Galinhas, near Recife in March and would also like to visit Rio for couple of days during my stay. Which is the fastest and the cheapest way to get to Rio from eather Recife or Porto de Galinhas.

Thanks,
      Louise

6 Answers Feb 22, 2008 at 2:04 PM
    • Flight from Recife to Lima, Peru

by conormj2005 Online Now Oct 28, 2006 at 9:50 AM

Hello, I want to book a cheap flight from Recife to Lima, but I don't know where to start. has anyone got any ideas? I havent got much money and I am on a tight budget, any helpp will be greatly appreciated. Thankyou

3 Answers Oct 30, 2006 at 10:16 AM
    • Buying an plane ticket out of Brazil

by ablight Online Now Oct 16, 2006 at 12:16 AM

Would anyone know if it's possible for me to buy a plane ticket out of Brazil (to Portugal) while still in the US but through a Brazilian travel agencey? If so, can you recommend a travel agency in Recife that may be able to help me orgaanize that?

Thank you!
      A

2 Answers Oct 16, 2006 at 12:38 AM
    • Volunteer opportunities

by ablight Online Now Oct 16, 2006 at 12:08 AM

Hello!

I will be travelling to Recife in the new year and would like to connect with organizations that are working on social justice or development issues and are open to and are in need of volunteers. Does anyone have information for me?

For further context I have a social science and counselling background and am also a leadership and life coach. I can offer this knowledge and skill set but am also interested in just being there and helping out in anyway that's needed.

Thank you!
      A

2 Answers Dec 20, 2006 at 7:35 AM
    • Iowa2's Profile Photo

Information for exchange members?

by Iowa2 Online Now Sep 23, 2006 at 5:17 AM

Our Rotary district has entered into an exchage with the Brazilian district around around Recife. This will take place about a year from now and members have yet to be selected. There is no doubt that they will receive the best of attention from their Rotary hosts.

I was just wondering if there might be something that they should see or do not on the normal agenda to experience the local culture, economy, etc.

I have discovered here that some of the best information comes from people that have only visited there. Having lived in a place all their lives, the locals don't always appreciate it.

2 Answers Dec 18, 2006 at 8:49 AM
    • Planing to save on night hotel night by traveling by Bus Recife-Salvador if night trip

by rubiaji Online Now Aug 10, 2006 at 12:33 PM

Does anyone knows if this Recife-salvador 12h long is a night trip?

Do they have "executivo" bus class?

Is it hazzard free?

Thanks in advance, ciao

1 Answer Aug 10, 2006 at 11:06 PM