Recife Travel Answers

change location

bus to Salvador

by olaleye4 Online Now Oct 26, 2009 at 6:12 PM

We are two girls thinking of going by bus to Salvador from recife on 11/12th Feb 2010 for the Salvador carnival ( that starts on the 11th)
Does anyone know if this is possible (11th is a Thursday)
We arrive in Recife onthe 8th so can't book until then. Do you think this is leaving it too late & it will be difficult to get a seat because of carnival. Also does anyone know how much it is, how long it takes or if you can prebook on line at all!!!
Thanks

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: bus to Salvador

by cassiovieggore Online Now Oct 27, 2009 at 4:17 AM

Yes. Your plan may be achieved. But you will need some portuguese/spanish talking skill in order to dealing with operator.
    Viação Itapemirim S/A serves both cities.
    http://www.itapemirim.com.br/

itapemirim.com.br/vendas_pas...

I got in touch with operator and attendant told me you may book bus tickets 60 days in advance. Use international credit card and call up 0800 723 2121. I hope clerk is english talkative.

Many buses go from Salvador to Recife every day. So you may choose hour of departure and kind of trip (night bus, lying down seat, special for tourists)...
    This is the best brazilian bus company that serves both cities. There is another bus company named Nossa Senhora da Penha that is ready for this public utility as well.

http://vendas.nspenha.com.br/

Good luck. Recife is 840Km far from Salvador in paved road. I believe 10 hours you will spend at this journey. And buy your ticket as soon as possible. Carnival season is a disorder down here.

Cassiovieggore

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: bus to Salvador

by gsherm Online Now Dec 14, 2009 at 4:03 PM

Hello,

I will also be traveling to Bahia for Carnival - probably coming from Sao Paulo. As of right now, I am traveling by myself but always interested in meeting traveling partners.

Did you get a response as to how to book a bus from Salvador to Recife? Also I am looking for fun hostels to stay - have you heard of any fun ones in either Salvador or Recife?

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines