Recife Travel Answers

change location
bermudatriangle's Profile Photo

Learning Portuguese in Recife

by bermudatriangle Online Now Oct 10, 2004 at 11:13 AM

Hello everyone, I am planning to come to Recife for the month of January 2005 and intend to spend atleast some of the time there learning Portuguese at a language school. Does anyone have any recommendations for good language courses? I can speak basic Portuguese (I speak French and a bit of Spanish) so I am not a complete beginner! Is it possible to maybe rent an apartment for the month, say in Boa Viagem, as I guess this will be alot cheaper than a hotel. Where would I find about apartments to rent? Also, what is the gay scene like there? Many thanks David

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • cachaseiro's Profile Photo

Re: Learning Portuguese in Recife

by cachaseiro Online Now Oct 10, 2004 at 11:39 AM

renting an apartment for a month should not be a problem. it is quite common. the adresses i have are in denmark and i am sitting in albania right now and wont be home untill the end of november, so i cant help you right now. dont worry too much though. i dont think you will have problems. i saw ads for portugese classes the last time i was in recife 3 years ago, so there should be something.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • windpaard's Profile Photo

Re: Learning Portuguese in Recife

by windpaard Online Now Oct 15, 2004 at 3:32 AM

hello recife has about 3 newspapers with a lot of offer of apartements,there also real state offices who does this kind of job.You have also cheap hotels who rent for a month,like hotel s.domingos in praça maciel pinheiro in centrum of recife,you can negociate about price and you have also a good breakfast,greetings,janu

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines