Rayong Travel Answers

change location
Hallows's Profile Photo

What's up in Rayong?

by Hallows Online Now Nov 21, 2003 at 1:36 AM

Me and my boyfriend are travelling to Rayong i January, We're planning to go to Ko Samet, but we'll also stay on the mainland/ town Rayong. However, I can barely find any info about this area. I would like to now basic stuff like what the town is like, prices, good accomodation and eating and if there is any shopping worth the name?! Thanx!

Quote & Answer
9 Answers
  • pattayaraj's Profile Photo

Re: What's up in Rayong?

by pattayaraj Online Now Nov 21, 2003 at 5:05 AM

I think there 're nothing interesting in Rayong city. Rayong 's famous in nice beaches and islands but for city ,some parts 're for industry. But if you 'd like to discover the city. There're some shrines and temples where the people sacred. - King Tak Sin shrine : the memorial of King Tak Sin who won the Burmese army in Ayutthaya - Thonburi period. - Pa Pra Du temple : with a big reclining Buddha. The strange things , this statue laying in the left ,not as usaul. - Chedi in the rayong river : old chedi which no history but old in style. - City shrine Uhmm... Just an info on accommodation but I cannot recommend... - Golden City Rayong 530/1 Sukhumvit Rd. Neon Phra Sub-disctrict Call 038 618701-15 Fax 038 861191 135 rooms Costs 800-2,000 ºÒ· -Rayong City 11 Rathbumrung Rd,Soi 4 Noen Phar Sub-district Call 038 614872-3,615384-5 Fax 038 614872-3 170 rooms costs 550-1,000 ºÒ· I think there 're more which you can easy to find and also varied price and qualities.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • pattayaraj's Profile Photo

by pattayaraj Online Now Nov 21, 2003 at 5:12 AM

Well,for more info ,please ask me. I 've a friend who come from Rayong city . He may give you all info. Enjoy !! Patt

• hasip's Profile Photo

Rayong

by hasip Online Now Nov 21, 2003 at 5:34 AM

rayong is a large provice and rayong-town is not really a nice destination . anyway you will have to take the boat from ban-pae 's harbour to get to the beautifull island of koh-samet . there's a lot of food-stalls near the harbour and some shops . ban-pae has a good market in the morning . ban-pae has a few hotels in town and some resorts outside town . how long are you going to stay on the mainland and do you need a hotel there ? nice and cheap fish and seafood in local water-front-restaurants you find at ban-laem-pim further south . also very good for shopping and a nice trip is chantaburi further south . if any more questions just ask ! greetings from belgium .

• Hallows's Profile Photo

Re: Rayong

by Hallows Online Now Nov 27, 2003 at 10:35 AM

Hi! Just wanted to say thanks for the very useful info!!! Since Rayong seem to be a disappointment, I guess we'll skip it and go for Koh Samet. However, we are going to stay at a beach resort called Purimas for 2 days, do you know anything about this place? We were recommended it from relatives living in Thailand. I will now start to look for info about Chantaburi, that seems like a nice place! Thanks again! Kind regards / Hallows

• Re: Re: Rayong

by themerg Online Now Feb 27, 2004 at 7:24 AM

"Sawadee" kha is how a female says Hello in Thailand. "Sawadee,khrup "is how a male says Hello in Thailand. Go to Rayong Resort Hotel,it is listed on "Rayong hotels website,"it has a pier tha goes out into the Gulf of Thailand for 100 yards,it is shown onHotel website,right on the beach. Very hot season starts in March,very little clothes are needed,acclimate yourself to the heat,(0-95 degrees Farenheit with 75-95% humidity.,monsoon seson stars in June.April is full of festival countrywide. See ChiagMai and ChiagRai,Bangkok,Hua-Hin,Songhla. Chanthuburi is grear place to get gemstones and jewelry really cheap,be careful of authenticity.Any good jeweler will be affiliated with Gemstone Organization and will a plaque or certificate. Look at Thailand websites,alot of information is available.Look at Tourist Autority of Thailand website,www.TAT.com,and other such website.Look at Foedder,s guidbooks,look at Baedeker,s guidebook. Have a nice trip.Thailand is a very beautiful country.

• Re: Re: Rayong

by themerg Online Now Feb 27, 2004 at 7:26 AM

Also get all available immunizations.Thailand still has Cholera,malaria,and dyptheria.Information about shots will be in guidebooks.

• RE: RE: What's up in Rayong?

by yojoe11 Online Now Sep 7, 2006 at 9:12 PM

Hi! I'm going over to Rayong in Oct, hoping to check out the local culture and some temples. Any recommendations? and how should I get around?

• Re: What's up in Rayong?

by me&me Online Now Feb 7, 2011 at 12:07 PM

Hi can you tell me if we can get a taxi from airport utapao to ferry terminal saree bnapae pier. we are staying on Koh Samet & have to get from the airport for the hotel boat.there does not seem to be much info about taxi's
    hope you can help.
    thanks

• hasip's Profile Photo

by hasip Online Now Feb 10, 2011 at 4:00 AM

Yes there are Taxi's available everywhere . No problem !

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines