change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• music ..concerts etc

by lorettaleelee Online Now Jun 25, 2014 at 1:26 PM

Hi
      When travelling in Italy ..Ravenna .....Rome ..is there a web site or newspaper to look at to see what concerts are in town.....
      Thank you
      Loretta Lee

1 Answer Jun 25, 2014 at 2:33 PM
    • Travel from Raveena to Croatia

by lorettaleelee Online Now Jun 24, 2014 at 12:11 PM

Hi
      From Ravenna
      which is the best way to travel to Croatia ...fly or I heard there is a ferry?

4 Answers Jun 25, 2014 at 1:23 PM
    • transportaion

by lorettaleelee Online Now Jun 24, 2014 at 1:32 AM

from hotel rouge in Ravenna
      what is the best way to get to the airport ..and how often does the train or bus run,
      thank you
      Loretta

3 Answers Jun 24, 2014 at 12:04 PM
    • Ravenna to Bologna airport

by eyesfull Online Now Mar 7, 2014 at 3:18 PM

I will be in Ravenna May 31,2014 and will need to get to Bologna airport the next day (June 1) for a 10:10 a.m. flight home. What is the best way to get to the airport that morning? train + bus, shuttle-race, or ?

11 Answers Mar 9, 2014 at 12:25 AM
    • eating in Ravenna

by sylric12 Online Now Feb 1, 2014 at 12:08 PM

I went to restaurant reviews for Ravenna, Italy and found nothing more recent than 2012. Anyone been there lately? We will be 4 adults, two of them Italian, my mother and step dad, and would like something central but not over-the-top expensive, for dinner. Willing to make reservations. Also is there a day of the week when everything shuts down? It made me nervous when I saw that one restaurant closed on Tuesdays since that is the day of the week when we will be there.
      Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

3 Answers Feb 1, 2014 at 6:37 PM
    • bus transportation from train station Ravenna to Stadiana Rowing Center Ravenna

by terrycurtis Online Now Nov 23, 2013 at 8:04 AM

has anyone taken a public bus from Ravenna to the Stadiana Rowing Center? Is there a bus to this destination and if so, what is the bus number and traveling time?

• Contact information for the shop at Via Armando Diaz (I think the name is Sill Moda)

by dsjeffries Online Now Nov 1, 2013 at 2:21 PM

My spouse saw a handbag at this shop when her cruise stopped in Revanna. When she went back to the shop to buy it prior to re-boarding the ship, it was closed. Does anyone have contact information (phone, e-mail, etc.) for this shop? I haven't had any luck searching online for it.

2 Answers Nov 1, 2013 at 11:55 PM
    • vancouver to ravenna and rome

by chuckjung2013 Online Now Oct 22, 2013 at 8:14 AM

My wife and I are planning to go the 2014 dragon boat festival in Ravenna in Sept. 2014. We are hoping to go to Rome afterwards. I am just starting to do research on transportation. From Vancouver, is there a certain European hub which is preferred (e.g. Amsterdam), what is the closest airport to Ravenna, preferred ground transportation from airport to Ravenna, and then what are the preferred ways to get to Rome.
      thanks in advance.
      chuck

6 Answers Oct 23, 2013 at 6:44 AM
    • classe stop

by agathi Online Now Aug 29, 2013 at 11:36 PM

Good morning. I have found the winter timetable of the bus from Ravenna to Classe. I would like someone to tell me what exactly is the name of the bus stop in Classe in order to visit s.Appolinare so that i can check the hours. It gives three classe destinations. Please if someone knows sth inform me.

1 Answer Aug 30, 2013 at 8:21 AM
    • saint Appolinare in Classe

by agathi Online Now Aug 23, 2013 at 5:26 AM

Where excactly shall i buy my bus ticket? Somewhere says in piazza caduti. Do i have to go there or can i get service from the station? The bus departs from the station or from this piazza? Thank you.

2 Answers Aug 23, 2013 at 11:11 AM
    • OsmanE's Profile Photo

Good place to eat in Ravenna for lunch/dinner

by OsmanE Online Now Aug 8, 2013 at 12:39 PM

I am arriving in Ravenna on 15.08, staying 4 nights. Could you recomand a good bistro, somewhere to have a good meal but not so expensive?
      Also, could you recommand some places to visit? I am staying at Roma Hotel.

Thanks

1 Answer Aug 9, 2013 at 6:46 PM
    • Choosing between Ravenna and Ferrara

by Danielef Online Now May 16, 2013 at 7:31 PM

I am planning a trip from Verona to Perugia, but I don't have many days, so I decided to drop one of the cities above. Which is the least interesting? Thanks!

6 Answers May 17, 2013 at 9:28 PM
    • carmena's Profile Photo

maritime museum in cesenatico

by carmena Online Now May 11, 2012 at 3:11 AM

hello, VT's,
      any body knows if in June 2012 the maritime museum in cesenatico will be open? I mean with boats outside on the river? if yes, do you know the visiting hours?
      thaks for your time,
      carmen

1 Answer May 11, 2012 at 8:52 AM
    • Looking for Restaurant

by pirace Online Now Apr 25, 2012 at 3:22 PM

Several years ago my husband and I found a restaurant that we really enjoyed. We have been back on subsequent trips and always found it wonderful. But, suddenly we can't remember the name! It's located on Via Abruzzi, a few blocks up a hill from the main highway, it's on the right side of the road. Please help us - we want to recommend it to friends traveling next month. Thank you!!

4 Answers Apr 26, 2012 at 6:56 AM
    • Hangout during january to march

by process Online Now Dec 29, 2011 at 11:19 AM

hi all

I am visiting ravenna for three months on an official trip during january to march. I got to know that during this time it is peak on winter and temp. is very low. I guess in such weather condition beach is not a right place to hang out. i would like to know

1) best places to hang out on weekends during winter. I know about san vitale and other mosaics and monuments. I want to know besides these locations.
      2) Is there any shopping streets ?
      3) I am also willing to join any activity classes with low fees or say no fees ( :) ).

Any help will be appreciated ?
      Thanks in advance...

1 Answer Dec 29, 2011 at 1:39 PM
    • crazyman2's Profile Photo

Memorial Park Bench

by crazyman2 Online Now Aug 27, 2011 at 8:28 AM

We were in Ravenna, Italy earlier this month. There is a park bench made of stone, with a carved coat placed on it and it is near P.Garibaldi which is a memorial to a well-known local person.

I'd appreciate finding out who this person was. Can you help me?

Thanks.

2 Answers Aug 27, 2011 at 12:33 PM
    • info1

by locanda Online Now Jun 27, 2011 at 7:49 AM

do we need to take mosquito repellent to Ravenna...some tourist site suggest this

6 Answers Jun 28, 2011 at 8:30 AM
    • local tours for cruisers

by pamelda Online Now Jan 1, 2011 at 5:58 AM

hello--we arrive ravenna 4/16/11 via cruise ship for 1 day--ship tours SO expensive--are there local tour operators/ taxis on pier to take passengers to area sites? suggestions for what to do? are US$ accepted or will we need euros?--thanks

6 Answers Jan 22, 2011 at 8:05 AM
    • Looking for English Speaking friends!

by eadillard Online Now Oct 14, 2010 at 3:05 PM

I am staying in Ravenna for a while and would love to meet some English speaking people! I'm a 25 year old woman from Michigan longing to have a nice conversation with new friends. Any suggestions on how to meet people?

8 Answers Dec 17, 2013 at 7:51 AM
    • Summer course of mosaic

by Shownewdow Online Now May 29, 2010 at 6:39 AM

Hello,

I'm just thinking to attend summer course for making mosaic art.
      Do you have any recommendation with value of cost ?
      I'm beginner to do it.

Thank you very much in advance.
      Regards,
      E.K

• Room or studio in Ravenna

by anneberit Online Now Mar 1, 2010 at 3:05 AM

Hallo,

I'm looking for a room or studio to rent during 3-4 weeks in July 2010. I'm going to attend a course in the mosaic school in Ravenna.

regards

Anne-Berit Engh
      Lund, Sweden

• Lodging

by cheechny Online Now Feb 6, 2010 at 10:42 PM

Has anyone stayed in Ravenna? Would you recommend 2 nights? My husband likes a TV and internet access. Can you recommend a good hotel or B&B?

2 Answers Feb 13, 2010 at 4:44 PM
    • waelsoliman73's Profile Photo

I want to rent a room in Ravenna

by waelsoliman73 Online Now Dec 3, 2009 at 2:03 PM

I am Wael Soliman, I am an eye doctor from Egypt.I am travelling to Ravenna on 11th of January 2010, I am going there for training for 6 to 10 months. I want to rent a room with a suitble for price on this period either on a shared accommodation basis or a family accomodation. If any one from Ravenna could help me or give me any advise.My email is waelsoliman73@yahoo.com

1 Answer Dec 6, 2009 at 12:28 AM
    • Redang's Profile Photo

Transportation

by Redang Online Now Jul 20, 2009 at 10:24 AM

Hi everyone:

How to get:
      - San Marino-Ravenna
      - San Marino Bologna

By train? In case there are trains in San Marino.

Tahnks.

Santi

2 Answers Jul 21, 2009 at 9:34 AM
    • dirtroady's Profile Photo

Looking at Ravenna for (temporary) relocation to Italy

by dirtroady Online Now Mar 10, 2009 at 7:30 PM

Hello VT community!

I'm looking for a place in Italy that meets (hopefully most of) the characteristics below and I think Ravenna may be it but I'd love to hear from you! I've never been to Italy though and the relocation would be for some 6 or 9 months starting in October or so.

My Italian is very basic at the moment and I'll be moving from NYC.

.Near the beach (preferably with some good beach volleyball);
      .Small town where government is efficient and paperwork gets processed promptly;
      .There are people (preferably single) in their 20's and 30's.

Thanks much for any help you may provide!

Ana

7 Answers Mar 13, 2009 at 5:46 AM
    • roamer61's Profile Photo

Daytrip to Ravenna from Florence

by roamer61 Online Now Nov 11, 2008 at 7:14 AM

1. Is this feasible?

2. As a non-christain, is it still worth it to come and see the mosaics even though most are of a Christain theme?

18 Answers Nov 14, 2008 at 12:59 AM
    • RAVENNA MARKET

by junemitchell Online Now Aug 31, 2008 at 6:57 AM

Please could you tell me what day the street market that sells clothes, shoes etc takes place

• yellow bicycles?

by cindyfish Online Now May 29, 2008 at 3:23 AM

I have been reading about free bicycles in Ravenna - but the posts are all old. Do these still exist in 2008? thanks!!

2 Answers May 29, 2008 at 7:30 AM
    • Bicycles

by lidamu Online Now Apr 30, 2007 at 11:16 PM

Can an adult with teens (14 & 16) borrow the bicycles for the teens?

1 Answer May 1, 2007 at 7:17 AM
    • viewing mosaics

by julieo63 Online Now Nov 11, 2006 at 10:38 AM

The travel book I have been reading indicated that you have to book for Mausoleo di Galla Placidia. Also mentioned a combined ticket. We will be visiting San Vitale, Mausoleo di Galla Placidia, Sant Apollinare Nuovo and if time permits Dante's Tomb. Does anyone know the admission price for these venues? We will be there on 3/3/07 do we need to book at this time of the year?

4 Answers Dec 28, 2007 at 8:22 AM