Ravenna Travel Answers

change location

info1

by locanda Online Now Jun 27, 2011 at 7:49 AM

do we need to take mosquito repellent to Ravenna...some tourist site suggest this

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • dnwitte's Profile Photo

Re: info1

by dnwitte Online Now Jun 27, 2011 at 7:53 AM

Ravenna sits in a low lying moist area, and I was eaten alive at night because Italian hotels don't seem to have discovered window screens.
    A better solution might be to ensure that your accoms have air conditioning and you can keep the windows closed at night.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • mccalpin's Profile Photo

by mccalpin Online Now Jun 27, 2011 at 11:15 AM

What time of year are you going? Off season, I never noticed mosquitos, but dnw is correct that Ravenna is in the middle of a very flat coastal area, so I could imagine the summer might be a problem...

Bill

• IanMacPhail's Profile Photo

by IanMacPhail Online Now Jun 27, 2011 at 12:09 PM

Oh yes take one of those machines that you put a tablet in. Well done for reminding me ! I`m going to Italy very soon and I need to buy more tablets. :-)

• markschaaf's Profile Photo

by markschaaf Online Now Jun 27, 2011 at 2:51 PM

Yes you will need it but don't try to put it in your carry on bags because if it is over 4oz it will be taken from you. Anything more then 4 oz will always be taken but bring what works in your own country because trying to figure out what to buy in Italy is always a problem and often more expensive.

• oriettaIT's Profile Photo

by oriettaIT Online Now Jun 28, 2011 at 12:09 AM

Definitely you need to take mosquito repellent to Ravenna during summer. You can also easily buy it in Italy in any supermarket, the most popular is called Autan but there are several other brands, more in the pharmacy.
    I would suggest you to use it also daytime, in Italy we used to have mosquito only at night but in the last few years an Asian specie took over (it is black with little stripes not grey like the old fashion kind) and it look like those mean bugs never sleep!! they bite all day long!!

• IanMacPhail's Profile Photo

by IanMacPhail Online Now Jun 28, 2011 at 8:30 AM

Excellent tip! :-)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines