Ravenna Travel Answers

change location

how to get to Ravenna from Rome

by annakobo Online Now Jul 14, 2006 at 4:03 PM

I am going to Rome from Greece by airplane.How can I get to Ravenna from Rome(airport)?Is there a train or a bus? Are the stations near the airport? thank you in advance.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • cgf's Profile Photo

RE: how to get to Ravenna from Rome

by cgf Online Now Jul 14, 2006 at 4:25 PM

At Rome airport there is a train to main station, then take a train to Bologna and then to Ravenna.
    here fares and timetable
    http://www.trenitalia.com/en/index.html

By car it's easy, from Rome to Orte and then straight (E45) to Ravenna

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • cgf's Profile Photo

RE: RE: how to get to Ravenna from Rome

by cgf Online Now Jul 14, 2006 at 4:25 PM

If you did not buy the air ticket.. have a check for a ferry :-)

• mccalpin's Profile Photo

RE: RE: how to get to Ravenna from Rome

by mccalpin Online Now Jul 14, 2006 at 5:30 PM

cgf is right to consider alternate methods. Ravenna is much closer to Venice, where a lot of ferries come in. Oddly enough, I am not sure it would help to take a ferry to places farther south like Brindisi, because the rail connection from Rome is better than along the east coast...however, you might look at ferry destinations farther north (Ancona?) and check the rail connections after that.

If, indeed, you are committed to coming to Rome, there is the Leonardo Express (train) from Fiumicino airport (you are coming to Fiumicino as opposed to Rome's other airport (Ciampino), aren't you?) which takes you to Roma Termini, Rome's main train station. Then, as cgf said, you can use www.trenitalia.com to plan a route to Ravenna, going by rail all the way.

I don't know where you are from, but Ravenna is well worth the visit, being an island of Byzantine art and architecture from the late Roman Empire.

Bill

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines