Ras Al Khaimah

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• travel and hotel assistance

Dubai Yesterday

I want to know about hotels and accomodation options which are affordable near to Hamdan Bin Mohammed Bin Rashid Sports Complex - Dubai - United Arab Emirates . Preferably at walking distance. It will be very helpful to me if you can provide near by hotel names. I am very new to Dubai and also transportation options from airport to hotel and hotel to stadium and stadium to hotel. we are 5 people.

more
    • eFahad's Profile Photo

Anyone attending the next "2014 HR Summit & Expo" ?

Dubai Yesterday

Hey there earth wonderers..
      Just curious if anyone attending the upcoming "2014 HR Summit & Expo" in Dubai ! I just signed up for it (business trip).

Cheers,
      Fahad

more
    • mccaw's Profile Photo

Looking for hotel in Dubai UAE.

Dubai 15 hours ago

Thank you for all advices to London.
      Three of us will be in Dubai UAE from 8 to 11 of October this year. We've found an Ibis hotel on SHEIKH ZAYED ROAD, but not sure how far is this from the city centre. Where exactly is the city centre? Is it where the tallest building with the name Khalifa is?
      If we are to stay there, how far is it from the city and what transport to take and how long in time is the journey going to take?
      thank you in advance.

more
    • Please advise regarding Taxi Cost

Dubai Jul 18, 2014 at 1:46 PM

I need to know how much does it cost to go by taxi from Ivory Grand Apartments Hotel in Barsha 1 area to Festival City area. please advise regarding the cost. Thanx alot :)

more
    • Desert safari...

Dubai Jun 22, 2014 at 8:06 PM

Is desert safari a worth option in a 4 days stay in dubai?

more
    • I lost my eVisa copy with my entry stamped

United Arab Emirates Jul 3, 2014 at 9:23 AM

Hello,

I am an Indian and I am in a short visit in UAE on tourist visa for 40 days. My entry date is 4th June'14 and I plan to leave on 8th July'14. Unfortunately I lost my eVisa copy which is stamped with my entry date and another stamp. I have a copy of the same. And there is a date stamp in my passport as well.

Will I face any difficulty to leave the counrty? Should I present that original copy on my exit?

Kindly advice.

Thanks in advance.

more
    • Transportation

Dubai Jul 2, 2014 at 10:34 PM

How much is from Dubai to Jeddah by bus or by train?and how long it takes? Thank you.

more
    • Desert safari

Dubai 4 hours ago

Hi, I am looking at doing an evening desert safari when in Duabi later this year. I sometimes suffer from motion sickness and need to judge if I can cope with the 4WD over the dunes. Has anyone got any experiences to share/tips or info on best tour companies to go through?

more
    • 1st week December good to visit dubai?

Dubai Jun 26, 2014 at 4:53 AM

Hi, im travel on the 1st week of december to Dubai, i wonder if the wheater is good enouth to catch so sun, go to the beach.

and what is the best tours operators for visit the Desert safari /ride Camels, Musandam and dinner on the Dhown

Tks
      Bruno

more
    • Transfer Dubai airport

Dubai Jun 25, 2014 at 1:41 AM

Hello, I have a 7hrs stopover in Dubai. The problem is that the inbound and the outbound flights are not with the same airline but they are in the same Terminal. Do I need a transit visa? and if not how do I manage the check in for the next flight?

more
    • katica.glamuzina's Profile Photo

a whole night stopover at Dubai airport - what to do?

Dubai Jul 9, 2014 at 5:38 AM

Hi all,

I hope you can help me. I'm flying to Australia via Dubai soon and my stopover is from 1am till 10am the next morning. I was wondering if it's worth going to the city at night and if there are maybe any organized tours from the airport at night?

Thank you,

Kacha

more

Popular Ras Al Khaimah Travel Answer Locations

• Ras al khaimah shooting club

Ras Al Khaimah Apr 4, 2014 at 3:35 AM

I have booked a mini vacation for my husband and in ras al khaimah and heard they have a brilliant shooting range.I called to ask of rates but unfortunately no one seems to speak english.Does anyone know the prices and how many bullets are included and the activities they have?Thanks in advance.

• hotel near sea shopping.......

Ras Al Khaimah Dec 31, 2013 at 11:36 AM

hi happy new year! I am hoping to come to RAK in April 2014, just for 3 days. would like to stay in a restful hotel, but be quite close to shops, restaurants (ARabic food preferred), close to the sea or have a pool. I also would like to see the camel races if possible.

Realise I want it all! but will be travelling alone and have a slight mobility problem.

• olga0902's Profile Photo

Transport to Dubai

Ras Al Khaimah Nov 9, 2013 at 11:02 AM

Hello, I'd like to know whether there is a public bus RAK-Dubai? What's the price and timetable? is it direct? and what station in Dubai is the last one? Is it near metro station?
      Will be thanksful for any information! Thanks in advance!

2 Answers Nov 11, 2013 at 10:27 AM
    • JeremyB17's Profile Photo

Mobile internet for visitors?

Ras Al Khaimah Aug 29, 2013 at 6:46 PM

I am planning a visit to the Al Hamra area in November, and my accommodation will not provide internet access. Are there reasonable short-term mobile broadband options for visitors? I have an unlocked quad-band GSM phone that takes a micro SIM card, and I am hoping to be able to use it as a mobile hotspot for my laptop and my partner's phone. Will any of the local providers be able to accommodate me, and if so, how much might I expect to pay?

• RAK - Abu Dhabi

Ras Al Khaimah Aug 2, 2013 at 12:58 PM

Whats the best way to get from Ras Al Khaimah to Abu Dhabi?

• Bikini ban

Ras Al Khaimah May 31, 2013 at 2:14 PM

I recently read an online article stating that the government of RAK introduced a new law saying that bikinis on public beaches are banned. How far is that true and are there any private beached where tourists can go and swim and sunbath? Since I already booked my holidays in RAK for july, I would like to know where I could still go and enjoy the beach? And would a one piece swimsuit on a public beach be fine?

Thank you!

8 Answers Jun 3, 2013 at 4:43 PM
    • safety

Ras Al Khaimah Apr 8, 2013 at 3:16 PM

is RAK safe for girl?
      I'll may live there alone and wondering about the safety. Thanks

4 Answers Apr 10, 2013 at 1:38 AM
    • Nic2004's Profile Photo

Double Tree Hilton

Ras Al Khaimah Nov 20, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Hi all,

we will be heading to the Double Tree Hilton Hotel in January for 1 week (and afterwards to Dubai for 3 nights). We have booked breakfeast only. And here are my questions (some might follow...) which I hope some of you can answer:

What about the extra costs there? I am asking for the hotel and both the city. Is it possible to book half pension on the spot, would that be recommended or are there good possibilities to eat out in the town (two females)? Are there shops nearby to by mineral water?

Do you have any suggestions for trips? What to sea nearby?

Many thanks for your reply in advance!

Nic

• Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort and spa

Ras Al Khaimah Feb 27, 2012 at 5:39 AM

Hi, My husband and i will be going to the hilton in may for 2 nights. we were planning to use the spa treatment tents on the beach. does any one know if we have to pay extra to use the tents or is it the same price as their brochure?

1 Answer Mar 5, 2012 at 8:54 PM
    • Querry

Ras Al Khaimah Jun 25, 2011 at 8:25 PM

What month is the best to visit Ras Al Khaimah and enjoy the beach?

2 Answers Jun 26, 2011 at 4:56 AM
    • Heavens-Mirror's Profile Photo

Al Hamra Fort.....Is it good?

Ras Al Khaimah Aug 21, 2010 at 7:01 AM

me and my new husband are thinking of going to this hotel but not sure whether to stick to b*b or upgrade to half board? Is it worth doing? And if so what restaurants can you eat in?

Also we have not been to this place before and wondered what it is like.
      We like to relax with maybe the odd day out on an excursion etc.
      Please tell me a little more about it if you have been.
      Thanks,
      Stacey xxx

5 Answers Aug 22, 2010 at 5:43 AM
    • Cycle shops

Al Jazirah al Hamra' Nov 28, 2009 at 8:40 AM

I'm looking for cycle stores in Al Jazirah al Hamra. Are there any doing Giant bikes and spares? Somewhere able to do a full bike service would be great.

1 Answer Nov 28, 2009 at 9:34 AM
    • spa prices etc

Ras Al Khaimah Sep 5, 2008 at 5:06 AM

hello all,im travelling to the hilton resort and spa with my partner in september.I was wondering if any one could tell me the rough guide to spa treatment prices?also are the restraunts self serve buffet style or do you get waited on? And a rough guide to dress code around the hotel? any replies would be greatly appreciated thanks.jonny.

1 Answer Sep 5, 2008 at 8:59 AM
    • LizzieSouthWales's Profile Photo

Need some advice before going to RAK

Ras Al Khaimah Aug 4, 2008 at 2:07 AM

Hi, I have booked to go to RAK on 8th Sept till 16th Sept which I am awae of now is Ramadam (was not told by travel agent). This is not a big problem for me as I dont drink and wanted a quiet relaxing holiday anyway.

A few things I wanted to query were dress code both for me and my partner in shopping areas, on excursions, around hotel and dining areas and beach.
      Also tipping, is this expected or not approved of.
      We dont wish to offend people and from another forum I dont get any clear answers

13 Answers Aug 8, 2008 at 3:07 AM
    • Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Beach Resort and Spa

Ras Al Khaimah Oct 12, 2007 at 9:57 AM

We are hoping to go very shortly to the Beach resort and Spa, however, I have heard that they are building more villas at present. Has anyone been recently and can they tell me if this is further round the bay and if it will be really noisy and dusty where the finished villas and beach club are. I understand that the finished villas are superb but the holiday will be spoilt if if is exceptionally noisy
      Thanks

4 Answers Nov 11, 2007 at 4:30 AM
    • Transfer from Dubai

Ras Al Khaimah Apr 8, 2007 at 10:29 AM

Hi,
      I am planning a trip in July + just wondering roughly how long it will take from Dubai Airport to the Al Hamra resort. We will be landing at about midnight local time.
      Any information is greatly appreciated.
      Thanks!

2 Answers Jun 2, 2007 at 8:15 AM
    • whats it like?

Ras Al Khaimah Nov 24, 2006 at 8:19 AM

I have been to Dubai and loved it, we want to try a different part next time Ras Al Khaimah looks nice and quiet, so can anyone answer my questions? Is the beach as nice as the beach at Jumeirah Dubai? What are the resturants like? Is there less traffic? Is there shopping malls? Is it as safe? please help

3 Answers Nov 30, 2006 at 1:12 PM
    • jhanisj's Profile Photo

Life in Ras Al Khaimah

Ras Al Khaimah Feb 28, 2006 at 8:30 AM

Hello there,

I'm in Malaysia and most probably will be going to UAE soon. Would really appreciate if anyone could tell me any info on RAK or any members here who like to share their experiences and give me some tips on Ras Al Khaimah?

Like...
      - Cost of living?
      - weather?
      - is the city big?
      - is there any international schools there?
      - are women allowed to work there?
      - is it a nice place to stay?
      - etc..etc..

3 Answers Oct 22, 2006 at 11:39 AM
    • GLA's Profile Photo

Bin Majid Beach Hotel and Resort

Ras Al Khaimah Jan 26, 2004 at 1:09 AM

Dear all, does anybody know the difference between Bin Majid Beach Hotel and Bin Majid Beach Resort? I guess the hotel is on a hill and there is a distance to the sea, but I´m not sure how long is the walk. What´s the temperature of the sea? Thank you for your help. Best regards from Vienna Guenther

1 Answer Nov 14, 2012 at 10:29 PM