Ras Al Khaimah Travel Answers

change location
Heavens-Mirror's Profile Photo

Al Hamra Fort.....Is it good?

by Heavens-Mirror Online Now Aug 21, 2010 at 7:01 AM

me and my new husband are thinking of going to this hotel but not sure whether to stick to b*b or upgrade to half board? Is it worth doing? And if so what restaurants can you eat in?

Also we have not been to this place before and wondered what it is like.
We like to relax with maybe the odd day out on an excursion etc.
Please tell me a little more about it if you have been.
Thanks,
Stacey xxx

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • chizz's Profile Photo

Re: Al Hamra Fort.....Is it good?

by chizz Online Now Aug 21, 2010 at 1:29 PM

Hi there
    I have been to the hotel for the day, but not stayed there overnight. It's a bit dated, but had a nice pool and we had a nice meal there (in the restaurant that overlooks the pool - in the outdoor terrace area). This may help you in deciding to take the half-board option. Also, there didn't look to be many alternative places to eat nearby if I remember rightly, so I would take the option. They also do camel rides for a small fee. Looking on a ladies forum here in Dubai that I use a lot, most reviews have been good of the hotel. Apparently they have a new section of the hotel where most people stayed and they liked it - apparently rooms are large. I have seen deals for the hotel too on a frequent basis - there are many deals on for Ramadan and the summer in most of the hotels in Dubai and the surrounding emirates. The Big Red dune is nice to see around Hatta and you can rent quad bikes too which is good fun. All the best.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • 37SingleMaleInDubai1's Profile Photo

by 37SingleMaleInDubai1 Online Now Aug 22, 2010 at 1:07 AM

Have you seen the official web site of the hotel:

alhamrafort.com/subpage.aspx...

Lots of information available there!!
    Good luck !~~~~~~!XXXXXX :-)

• Heavens-Mirror's Profile Photo

by Heavens-Mirror Online Now Aug 22, 2010 at 4:18 AM

Do you have any idea of what the prices are like there in comparison to Dubai?
    We went to Dubai in 2007 and 2008 and prices had increased in just one yr.
    I was hoping this resort may be a little cheaper. x

• chizz's Profile Photo

by chizz Online Now Aug 22, 2010 at 5:36 AM

The price we paid was not bad for our meal, but we didn't have alcohol. Just read that there's an alcohol shop in the mall over the road if that helps (a 5 min walk) - you could eat sometimes at the mall outlets too, although I don't know which ones they have over there. We did stop at the mall and I know there's a supermarket too.

• chizz's Profile Photo

by chizz Online Now Aug 22, 2010 at 5:43 AM

P.S. - Personally, I would stay in a cheaper hotel in Dubai than out in Hatta, as there's really not much to do out there - unless you just want to sunbathe and do little else (which I totally appreciate is what many people like to do!!). There are some good value hotels in Dubai such as Arabian Park, Golden Sands and other serviced apartments and you would be close to the city to do other activities...

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Ras Al Khaimah Travel Answer Locations