Ras Al Khaimah Travel Answers

change location

whats it like?

by donnahol Online Now Nov 24, 2006 at 8:19 AM

I have been to Dubai and loved it, we want to try a different part next time Ras Al Khaimah looks nice and quiet, so can anyone answer my questions? Is the beach as nice as the beach at Jumeirah Dubai? What are the resturants like? Is there less traffic? Is there shopping malls? Is it as safe? please help

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • 37SingleMaleInDubai1's Profile Photo

RE: whats it like?

by 37SingleMaleInDubai1 Online Now Nov 24, 2006 at 7:31 PM

Ras Al Khaimah is not as developed as Dubai but still nice beach hotels there such as Hilton. By choosing one of them you can be sure to have a great holiday and a nice beach set up. The hotels have restaurants and bars inside their premises and safety is as good as Dubai!!
    Good luck.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: whats it like?

by chefwest Online Now Nov 26, 2006 at 11:37 AM

I was there a couple years ago and stayed at the Hilton. The beach is far better than anything you would find in Dubai as it is less crowded. The cost of beverages is also quit a bit less.
    expedia.co.uk/daily/hotels/U...

As for restaurants, your not going to find anything there like you would find in Dubai. There are some great Lebanese restaurants but the hotel food is sub-par at best(at the Hilton, I did not try any other hotels). There's also a hotel that has live music in the form of a Filipino band. It's a very short drive to Fujairah where you can have a good meal at the Le Meridian.
    Be sure to stop at the Barracuda for personal beverages. They are quite a bit cheaper than the vendors in Dubai.

• RE: RE: whats it like?

by donhol Online Now Nov 30, 2006 at 1:12 PM

thanks made me feel better

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Ras Al Khaimah