Rarotonga Travel Answers

change location

wedding venue

by kimmyp Online Now Feb 6, 2012 at 11:50 PM

hi there, we are looking at having our wedding in raro in march 2013, just wanting any feedback on nice locations for both reception and ceremony. any info and advice would be a great help!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • salisbury3933's Profile Photo

Re: wedding venue

by salisbury3933 Online Now Feb 7, 2012 at 1:26 AM

My brother held his ceremony at the Rarotongan.
    Went pretty well to be honest, although I am aware that a lot of the hotels offer this kind of package.

For an idea on the scenery, have a look at my Rarotonga page. The main photo is taken on the beach at the Rarotongan.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: wedding venue

by Tipani Online Now Feb 10, 2012 at 5:16 PM

I think the first question to ask yourself is do you want a wedding planner attached to a resort/hotel to arrange your wedding or do you want to plan the day without professional assistance?

If you are happy to arrange things yourself with the assistance of friends and family not only is this highly achievable but it will save you money to contribute towards other expenses e.g. honeymoon to Aitutaki.

There are some wonderful locations to hold a wedding on Rarotonga. Beach frontages, a motu in Muri, and a tropical garden setting are all popular. It is possible to rent a beachfront villa, and with the owner's permission host the entire ceremony and celebration on-site. You could also look at having a motu or Muri beachfront ceremony and then host your celebrations in a restaurant like Sails, Flame Tree, or the marque located on Pacific Resort's lawn to name a few sites. If you want to go for something very private and flash, consider Tamarind House in Tupapa.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Rarotonga