Rarotonga Travel Answers

change location

Duty Free Wine!

by tigerzanne Online Now Apr 26, 2008 at 4:46 PM

Could you please tell me if they sell a selection of duty-free wines for purchase? Thanks.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: Duty Free Wine!

by Penelopecin Online Now Feb 23, 2009 at 6:39 PM

Hi there.
    Duty free wines and spirits are on sale at the airport. You can get them on arrival as well as departure. In the main township, Avarua, there are two booze shops - The Bond and CITC Liquor. They sell a range of reasonable to excellent wines at pretty fair prices. You can get good NZ wines for around the same price as in NZ and CITC have some awesome Chilean wines that cost less than overseas. There don't seem to be any of the really el cheapo wines but bottles start at around11 or #12 dollars. Cardboard cartons are around but I don't have any idea of the price. There's plenty of beer and spirits - variety of prices depending on the quality I guess. (I don't like spirits so I'm not sure about that).

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Duty Free Wine!

by Penelopecin Online Now Feb 23, 2009 at 6:41 PM

Hi there.
    Duty free wines and spirits are on sale at the airport. You can get them on arrival as well as departure. In the main township, Avarua, there are two booze shops - The Bond and CITC Liquor. They sell a range of reasonable to excellent wines at pretty fair prices. You can get good NZ wines for around the same price as in NZ and CITC have some awesome Chilean wines that cost less than overseas. There don't seem to be any of the really el cheapo wines but bottles start at around11 or #12 dollars. Cardboard cartons are around but I don't have any idea of the price. There's plenty of beer and spirits - variety of prices depending on the quality I guess. (I don't like spirits so I'm not sure about that).

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Rarotonga