Rarotonga Travel Answers

change location

Future Senior Volunteer Needs Advice Finding Least Expensive Airfare to Rarotonga

by Ann_B Online Now Jan 3, 2008 at 9:40 AM

I haven't chosen my volunteer dates yet. The program is for approx. 2 weeks but travel arrangements are our own. Would anyone know when the least expensive times would be to fly from US to Rarotonga? I live in New Jersey and may be able to get a discounted ticket to somewhere on the west coast. Any suggested airline??
I definitely want to snorkel while I am there so my choice of month would also have to consider nice weather for snorkeling. I've never tried it, am in my mid 60's and I don't think I want to swim if it is too cool. Sadly I haven't even been swimming in over 30 years but hope to change that now through volunteer programs in "specific" areas of the world.
Happy New Year and thanks for your time!! Ann

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • easterntrekker's Profile Photo

Re: Future Senior Volunteer Needs Advice Finding Least Expensive Airfare to Rarotonga

by easterntrekker Online Now Jan 3, 2008 at 6:41 PM

We were there last Dec . and flew from NY with Air New Zealand . They offered the best price at the time. The waters were very warm , great easy snorkling , right off the beach . Gorgeous place. Check out my pages , I have lots of information on there ..Have fun "Cook Islands" - Cook Islands by easterntrekker

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Future Senior Volunteer Needs Advice Finding Least Expensive Airfare to Rarotonga

by Ann_B Online Now Jan 5, 2008 at 7:58 AM

Thanks to both rezguy and easterntrecker. You've given me places to start my search. Your time is much appreciated. May your next adventures be wonderful!! Ann

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Rarotonga