Rarotonga Travel Answers

change location

family friendly in Raro

by 1joanne Online Now Nov 22, 2007 at 7:08 PM

Hi, Ive visited Raro before on a backpacking trip - fast forward a decade and now I want to go back with my partner and 2 kids age 6 and 8. We are looking for clean, basic, family friendly places. Walking distance to a safe swimming beach.
Narrowed it down to Sunrise beach Bungalows and Vaikoi Bungalows. Any comments on these 2 choices or other recommendations appreciated.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: family friendly in Raro

by Radgal Online Now Nov 24, 2007 at 1:09 PM

Hi. Cant comment on Sunrise Beach Bungalows but we stayed at the Vaikoi in August. We enjoyed it so much that we are heading back in June next year with our children, aged 7 and 10. We stayed in one of the villas but had a look through the house. It is just perfect for us. Easy walk to a great snorkelling beach. Great hosts, real family people. We had previously stayed at the Rarotongan and would never stay there again after the Vaikoi. Easy walk for a meal or snack though. Ask away if you have any more questions.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Marianne2's Profile Photo

Re: family friendly in Raro

by Marianne2 Online Now Nov 24, 2007 at 2:08 PM

It sounds like the Vaikoi is a good choice. I've driven past it, but never stayed there. I've stayed twice at the Edgewater Hotel, but I was there on business purposes and needed to be close to the main town. It has a good pool, a big Polynesian night at least once a week, and also some self-catering accommodations.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Rarotonga