Rarotonga Travel Answers

change location

Night life

by NZgirl79 Online Now Aug 27, 2005 at 7:49 PM

Hi, I am going to Rarotonga with a girlfriend later in the year and besides enjoying some down time we would like to find the local night life, and/or meet some people our own age (25). Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • annee5's Profile Photo

RE: Night life

by annee5 Online Now Aug 28, 2005 at 12:19 AM

hi..on a monday evening go to the rsa {retired servicemans association} right near the airport,its a massive night where all the locals hang out aswell as all the backpackers..great fun with dj and is open til about 3am,on a tuesday eve i think it is take yourself off to the banana bar in town where the first 20 litres of vodka are given away free !! you will find the locals in both these places and they are the friendliest people i have ever met after many years of travelling, Rarotonga is a very small island with no so called nightclubs etc but wherever you go the locals are so accomodating with whatever your need..also please dont miss out on going to church on a sunday morning..wow im not a religous person but this is a truly unmissable experience..
    Have a wonderful time and just remember "island time"....if the bus doesnt run on time or your dinner is late arriving...dont panic its "island time" you wont die by waiting.,.this is one chilled place !!! x

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • catalysta's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Night life

by catalysta Online Now Oct 5, 2005 at 4:23 PM

Consider doing one of the Pub Crawls, usually held on Friday nights, with pickups at various locations on the island. Yeah, I know, it sounds hokey, but it's a fun party-on-wheels, and my friend & I really had a blast that night, with people of ALL ages from all over the world. We even met some locals too, at a bar that was frequented by local rugby teams.

It's one way to get a quick overview of Raro night life.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Rarotonga