Rapallo Travel Answers

change location

Ferry to Portofino

by Narellek Online Now Feb 8, 2007 at 6:48 PM

I have been trying to find a website for the timetable of ferries. do they run regularly and do i need to make a reservation or can i turn up on the day and buy tickets is it possible to hop on and off the ferry and see all the towns? What is your advise on the must see

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • nicolaitan's Profile Photo

RE: Ferry to Portofino

by nicolaitan Online Now Feb 9, 2007 at 5:00 AM

Rapallo is inland, you would be using the Amalfi stop. During peak season, buying the tickets a day early is advised which is what we did. When we picked up the ferry, it was filled completely.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • nicolaitan's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Ferry to Portofino

by nicolaitan Online Now Feb 9, 2007 at 5:01 AM

Misread your question - disregard answer. Sorry.

• Re: Ferry to Portofino

by thoughtforce Online Now May 1, 2007 at 1:43 PM

when we went in the early spring the ferry ran every 90 minutes or so. Tickets were readily available and there were available seats. I understand this might be very different in the peak season. You can buy tickets to Portofino as well as Santa Fruttusco. Santa Fruttusco is a waste unless you want to tour the old monastary (for a fee). We did not go in because there was not enough time until the boat was leaving and it did not look like much from the outside. To mee it looked like a tourist trap to pay for maintenance of the monastary and some monks who may live there.

• Re: Ferry to Portofino

by alfmoren Online Now May 31, 2008 at 2:37 PM

How much time do you think I can spend in Portofino to see the most important ponts of interest?

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines