Hi, we are travelling from Tana to Fianar and would like to stop at some interesting villages, we have read that Ambatofotsy is nice and not too far from Tana, we were thinking of starting our journey straight from the airport but wanted the first stop to be less than 3 hours drive ( we plan to hire car and driver). After the train. we will have about a week to travel back up the country, were thinking a few days (1 or 2) on Pangalanes Canal, any other must dos?
We are a family of 4, children are 14 and 16, we have our last of 3 weeks on Sainte Maire - that's the only part booked and sorted! We arrive 15 August. Thanks in advance for any hints or tips.
I am super excited to be traveling to Madagascar this summer, thrilled to finally go to one of my top dream destinations! One of the reasons I'm going is that I can do a 6-week medical internship there (I'll graduate med school this year). Before that I'll have 3 weeks of free time, and during the first week I'm hoping to do a hike / trekking with my boyfriend in the Northern part of Madagascar (around Diego Suarez). I've been searching the internet for advice or a good pre-booked trip, but haven't found much yet. Any advice or tips is greatly appreciated!
- Day 1-2: flight from Amsterdam - Tana
- Day 4-5: travel to Nose-Be by taxi brousse
- Day 6-15: hiking
- Day 16-23: kitesurfing in Emerald Bay
- Day 24-25: taxi brousse to Tana, boyfriend take flight back to Amsterdam
- Day 26-47: medical intership in hospital in Tana
- Day 48-69: medical internship in Beroroha
- Day 50: flight back to Amsterdam
Our wishes for the trekking
- about 4-7 hours of hiking per day (we are both in good physical -and mental haha - condition, and we're used to long hikes).
- basic lodging facilities, tent camps are very ok :-)
- we love to taste foreign cuisine, no western cooking please!
- we're interested in madagascar landscape, nature and great views
- we're not interested in visiting local villages (i'll see plenty of that during my internship), factories of handycraft shops
- our budget for the trekking is €1000 max
Many thanks in advance for your replies!
I would like to ask you for tips in regards what tour operator to use when travelling to Madagascar and what countries I can visit on my way there? I have read that it is best to travel via Paris and fly to Mauritius and from there continue travelling to Madagascar? This way I can visit both countries. Or does anybody have other tips what countries to visit on my way there?
Also, are you aware of any tour operator which is run locally in Madagascar? I have looked at UK Explorer etc but I think I would prefer a private tour. So far I have found http://www.madagascarwildlifetours.com/ - does anybody have any experience with them? And does anybody have any tips about places in Madagascar other than promoted by the 'typical' travel agencies? So far, I have decided to go the capital, visit several parks to see lemurs, go canoeing and visit several beaches. I would, however, also like to see more of the culture - such as visiting local villages - does anybody have any tips where to go please to get the real experience?
VirtualTourist®© 1994-2015 VirtualTourist.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.Back to Top
|All reports are strictly confidential. Please explain why you are reporting this:|