Rangoon

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• English level?

by who-cares Online Now Jul 1, 2014 at 11:20 PM

What is the general level of European languages there? For example, can I use English or French widely? I guess not. Is the English level like Thailand maybe?

more

Near Rangoon

• English level?

by who-cares Online Now Jul 1, 2014 at 11:20 PM

What is the general level of European languages there? For example, can I use English or French widely? I guess not. Is the English level like Thailand maybe?

6 Answers Jul 14, 2014 at 3:46 AM
    • Water festival

by Nsmeow Online Now Mar 26, 2014 at 4:43 AM

Is it okay to travel to Burma during the water festival? Will all the shop be closed??

2 Answers Mar 29, 2014 at 1:10 PM
    • Budget hotels

by jonniejoy Online Now Mar 5, 2014 at 9:28 PM

Hi
      I am travelling for2 nights to Yangon at end april first time.
      which is good place to stay and budget hotels. what are
      sigh seeings in city areas.
      Any info on visa on arrival for Indian passport holders.

Thanks .

6 Answers May 3, 2014 at 12:15 AM
    • Stendy's Profile Photo

Car Rental + Driver in Yangon

by Stendy Online Now Mar 5, 2014 at 2:33 AM

Hello Guys,
      Am looking for a local car rental with driver in Yangon. I can easily find some of them in web, but mostly it's a big company which offer daily car hire with quite a high prices. So am wondering, do you guys know how much is the reasonable rate there? Any recommended local driver?
      Cheers, Stendy

4 Answers May 3, 2014 at 12:12 AM
    • How can I hire a cab in Bagan, Myanmar for two full days.

by RUPALISINGHTEWARI Online Now Nov 28, 2013 at 8:48 PM

How can I hire a cab in Bagan, Myanmar for two full days.

5 Answers Dec 22, 2013 at 5:59 PM
    • asia2011's Profile Photo

Myanmar Reliable Tour Operator.

by asia2011 Online Now Nov 14, 2013 at 2:24 AM

It's there any one know about Myanmar travels agents ?

6 Answers May 7, 2014 at 2:08 PM
    • cal6060's Profile Photo

Good and Clean Guest House

by cal6060 Online Now Oct 5, 2013 at 2:05 AM

After I booked the airfare and found out that the accomodation in Yangon is expensive by international standard. Do you know any clean and nice guesthouse or hotel in Yangon price between US$30 - US$50.

Thanks

6 Answers Oct 21, 2013 at 7:49 PM
    • land very late in Yangon and hotel recommendation

by hoingai Online Now Aug 18, 2013 at 9:25 PM

I will be landing very late are 1200 midnight , is there any public transport to central at that time? how to get the information.
      I will stay there for 3 nights, will only stay in Yangon for seeing the city, any good hotels with fair price and easily accessible for recommendations? thanks.

6 Answers Dec 8, 2013 at 9:30 PM
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Is Yangon always flooding when it rains?

by Chyan Online Now Aug 2, 2013 at 7:03 AM

Hi, Yangon VT,

I plan to be in Yangon on 6 August to 8 August. Is Yangon always flooding when it rains? Please advise.

Chyan

4 Answers Feb 13, 2014 at 2:52 AM
    • frankie8889's Profile Photo

Proposed 6 days 5 nights Trip

by frankie8889 Online Now Jun 5, 2013 at 6:07 PM

My wife and me plan to visit Yangon, Myanmar end October for 6D5N, any recommendation on Tour Agent/Operator and/or places to visit and/or hotel? Thanks

23 Answers Nov 29, 2013 at 6:14 AM
    • axwell's Profile Photo

Solo Travel

by axwell Online Now Apr 9, 2013 at 5:20 AM

Looking to visit Burma in September/October 2013, will collect visa from Embassy in Bangkok, but do not wish to travel as part of an organised party. I am struggling to get infomation about transport when travelling "solo" or even if this is possible................would be very grateful for any help or ideas

7 Answers May 17, 2013 at 4:16 AM
    • how safe

by patlefe56 Online Now Apr 9, 2013 at 2:06 AM

I'm planning to spend a week in Yangon In May. I'm an Australian citizen born in Australia with parents from middle eatern country. My question is : is it safe for a person of middle eastern/ Indian extraction to be in Yangon? Especially with the unrest in some part of Myanmar. I have travelled extensively In Asia and I've never had any problems. Thanks Patrick

7 Answers Apr 10, 2013 at 10:36 PM
    • engagement rings

by merro Online Now Mar 24, 2013 at 12:39 AM

where should I buy an engagement ring? are there locally made rings made of white gold with diamonds? thanks fellow travellers

10 Answers Mar 25, 2013 at 7:05 PM
    • Question title

by merro Online Now Mar 24, 2013 at 12:38 AM

where should I buy an engagement ring? are there locally made rings made of white gold with diamonds? thanks fellow travellers

2 Answers Mar 25, 2013 at 3:16 AM
    • Delicious Food

by moepwint Online Now Jan 6, 2013 at 5:47 PM

What are the delicious myanmar Food ?
      How did myanmar girl wear clothes ?
      Have their mind friendly?
      what are the interesting place in yangon and around myanmar?

8 Answers Feb 13, 2013 at 1:09 AM
    • anliz99's Profile Photo

Can anybody suggest a 4D/3N itinerary in Myanmar?

by anliz99 Online Now Dec 12, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Hi,

Will be going to Myanmar end of January. Basically arriving 8am on Thursday and leaving early morning of Sunday. So I guess that's just 3d/3n. I would really like to visit Bagan and Mt Popa but they seem to be too far and the plane ride quite expensive. Any suggestions on a good itinerary? I really don't want to rush from one place to another. More like savor the ones I get to see :)

Thanks in advance!

Liza

12 Answers Jan 3, 2013 at 9:50 AM
    • Pazundaung Town Cemetery (Rangoon Town Cemetery)

by womanabroad Online Now Oct 30, 2012 at 2:29 PM

We'll be in Rangoon soon and wonder if anyone has been to this cemetery or knows where it is located? I'm not 100% sure if this is the right name for it still, but know it was a Christian cemetery and is not one of the war cemeteries. I've found Pazundaung on the map but it looks quite a large area and I don't know how easy it would be just to wander around the area. Thanks.

8 Answers Mar 26, 2013 at 9:17 PM
    • War Graves

by Dumbo4 Online Now Apr 18, 2012 at 7:42 AM

We need to visit the Taukkyan war cemetery North of Yangon. Can we get a bus or taxi from the city. I know it's about 20 miles. What are the opening times etc ?
      Thankyou.

2 Answers Apr 28, 2012 at 8:44 PM
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Obtaining a Myanmar entry visa

by Chyan Online Now Nov 1, 2011 at 3:25 PM

i understand now that obtaining a Myanmar entry visa requires not only a presentation of passport with six months validity from the date of travel, three passport photos but also the traveller's namecard. Is it true all travellers must show the Embassy their namecards? What will happen to travellers that have no namecards? And i understand Myanmar has restrictions to the kind of travellers that are trying to enter Yangon. Writers, publishers and any kind of journalists are not allowed to enter Yangon. So what other professionals are prohibited entry to Yangon?

Chyan

9 Answers Jan 25, 2012 at 6:55 AM
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

How much does it cost to travel to Yangon Central Seventh-Day Adventist Church?

by Chyan Online Now Oct 30, 2011 at 6:06 AM

Does anyone in Yangon know how much it costs to travel to Yangon Central Seventh-Day Adventist Church from Winner Inn Myanmar? i hear that it is 2 km from Shwedagon and it costs maximum 200 plus Dollars to travel by taxi to the church. Is it true? The church is located in Dagon Township, Yangon.

Your clarification is much appreciated.

4 Answers Jan 25, 2012 at 7:00 AM
    • Searching for a Church in Scott Market

by Krishdaniel Online Now Oct 13, 2011 at 4:44 AM

My husband's Grandparents got married in Church of India Burma (CIB) on Scott market. We are wondering if that Church exists till date...??? Would love to see some photos of that Church if its still there...

Thank You.

4 Answers Jan 14, 2014 at 5:48 AM
    • sorbax's Profile Photo

Just arrived...

by sorbax Online Now Oct 6, 2011 at 9:12 AM

Hi there! I'm just arrived in Yangon, and since I'm going to work here for the next year I'll take all the suggestions you can give me.
      But first of all: Who is in town and wants to grab a beer?..

cheers

Leo

5 Answers Oct 20, 2011 at 9:49 PM
    • ohaiyo's Profile Photo

long necked woman

by ohaiyo Online Now Jul 31, 2011 at 10:25 AM

Where is it in Myanmar that I van see the long necked woman? Is it near Inle Lake?

6 Answers Oct 14, 2013 at 3:19 AM
    • ohaiyo's Profile Photo

Mrauk U

by ohaiyo Online Now Jul 31, 2011 at 7:54 AM

Hi everyone,

How do I go from Bagan to Mrauk U?

5 Answers Aug 9, 2011 at 9:05 AM
    • ohaiyo's Profile Photo

First time traveler to Myanmar

by ohaiyo Online Now Jul 29, 2011 at 11:18 AM

Hi everyone,

I am planning a trip to Myanmar in December. Is that time of year the rainy season?

Also, I have heard that, since May of this year, it is possible to obtain an entry visa upon arrival at Yangon Airport. Is this true? Or should I, instead, apply for the entry visa while still in the U.S.?

For an independent traveler, what is the best way get from Yangon to Mandalay and than on to Bagan?

Thank you

4 Answers Jul 30, 2011 at 6:03 AM
    • Traditional musical performances in Yangon?

by Nguyenthanhbl Online Now Jul 9, 2011 at 11:22 PM

Hi,
      1/ I am going to be in Yangon in July of 2011. I wonder if there are places where traditional musical performances take place.
      2/ Is there any way I can hire a personal tour guide for a day or two in Yangon? Is anyone in Yangon interested in helping me with this?
      Thanks.

9 Answers Jul 14, 2011 at 1:18 AM
    • Bogyoke Aung San Market - Operating Hours

by helenrvd Online Now Jul 6, 2011 at 7:27 PM

We are visiting Myanmar from 21 to 25 July 2011 and hope to do some shopping in Bogyoke Aung San Market on our last day i.e. 25 July which is a Monday but noted that on the internet we found out that the market is closed on Mondays. Can anyone confirm this or give us their operating hours/days etc. so we can plan our trip in include shopping there. Thanks

5 Answers Jul 13, 2011 at 8:40 PM
    • Ruby

by joshua02 Online Now Jun 6, 2011 at 10:32 PM

Hi, I am going to be in Yangin for a few days during my wedding anniversary. Where should I go to buy a respectable quality piegon blood ruby, without being ripped off or cheated on quality. Regards

3 Answers Jun 12, 2011 at 8:27 PM
    • Road Travel in June 2011

by FreeSpirit_sg Online Now Jun 2, 2011 at 8:10 AM

Hi

Am planning to head to Myanmar mid-June. Wondering if anyone could advise re: road conditions during this time, as I read that it's the monsoon and roads deteriorate during this time?

Thanks

3 Answers Jun 3, 2011 at 9:03 PM
    • ohaiyo's Profile Photo

visa

by ohaiyo Online Now May 27, 2011 at 11:16 AM

Hi,

Has the visa requirement been changed. Can one still get the visa at Yangon airport?

Thank you

2 Answers May 30, 2011 at 7:59 PM