Rangoon Travel Answers

change location

airfare

by charz Online Now Mar 30, 2007 at 8:37 AM

Hi wow I just stumbled on this site it is great and so is all the useful information on Yangon
Is this airfare correct, I will be in bangkok to visit friends in april and have visa to Yangon but had almost decideing not to come as it seems all airfares and tours are inUS and very expensive/Im australian and when I compare this to USdollors I can not afford to come, Bangkok is so much cheaper.
but your airfare seems to good of offer.
thanks
Charz

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • albaaust's Profile Photo

Re: airfare

by albaaust Online Now Mar 30, 2007 at 9:07 AM

What airfare and tours are you referring to? Travelling to Burma/Myanmar is actually quite cheap. We flew Jetstar from Singapore and it was very cheap. Airfares from Thailand also are reasonable. I am Australian so I can tell you that the prices are cheap by our standards. I cannot comment on tours throughout Burma as we went independently but a lot of Australians speak highly of companies like Santa Maria while many Americans use Gracious Myanmar and Myanmar Tours.I think that Mique also has a connection with a travel company so you might want to consider them as well.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • thedouglas's Profile Photo

by thedouglas Online Now Mar 30, 2007 at 6:10 PM

We are also Aussies, and have just flown from Bangkok to Yangon a month or so ago. I don't know what fare you are talking about? However, when we were pricing this flight, found that most, including Bangkok Airways were about US$180. We found a much better option in Air Asia, and ended up paying about AU$50 each. We were quite happy with the service etc. Subsequently took other budget priced flights with this airline.

• Mique's Profile Photo

by Mique Online Now Mar 31, 2007 at 5:41 AM

You fly first to either Bangkok or Singapore and then you fly on with one of the chepa airlines. Either air asia (bangkok) or jet star (singapore i think it would be)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Rangoon