Rancho Palos Verdes

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Elusive Tidepools of PV - snorkel&swim friendly

by ecogrl Online Now Aug 13, 2010 at 3:23 PM

Hey there. Curious about the PV tidepools referred to on this page. Back in the day, 1997-1999, I used to swim at these tidepools that were pretty deep, maybe 8-10 feet. Beautiful and pristine AND WARM - like Hawaii - with amazing sealife to swim with. To get down there, I used to park my car at a park above the cliffs that intersected somewhere near Hawthorne Blvd and PV drive. Sadly, when I tried to return there about 5 years ago, the place where I used to begin my trail to get to these tidepools has now been blocked off by some wealthy housing development there. Does anyone know what tidepools I'm referring to? Last time I went swimming there in 1999, there were a couple of snorkellers, sunbathers, and swimmers already there basking in the sun. It really did look and feel like the Olivine Tide Pools of Maui. I'm afraid though that the wealthy landowners living at the housing development may have now blocked public access to these tidepools, which is very unfortunate as it was such a gem. If anyone knows what tidepools I'm referring to and knows of an alternative path to get there (that preferably doesn't break any trespassing laws either), let me know. Thanks!

5 Answers Aug 14, 2010 at 1:24 AM