change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• jess.chewter's Profile Photo

Central San Diego and Los Angeles accomodation

California 6 hours ago

My family and I (4 of us in total) are looking for some accommodation that is central between San Diego and Los Angeles. We happy to have early morning and drive a few hours each way each day but don't know what is the best place to look at

more
    • broadcalling's Profile Photo

Hotel / B&B in S Fo

San Francisco Yesterday

Hello

Do suggest a mid range Hotel or a B&B for 5 nights - also which area should we stay in?

Thanks

more
    • Lone Pine Cemetery

Lone Pine Apr 24, 2015 at 10:00 AM

Is there a cemetery in Lone Pine named just that? Or around town?

more
    • suse1811's Profile Photo

Hostel to stay in new york

San Francisco Yesterday

Any recommendations would be gratefully received !

more
    • Scuba Diving & Snorkeling

Newport Beach Apr 12, 2015 at 7:44 PM

Is there any place to do these activities?

more
    • Scuba Diving or Snorkeling

Huntington Beach Apr 12, 2015 at 7:39 PM

Is there any place to be able to do these activities??

more
    • kop-queen's Profile Photo

Last minute need for transport to Six Flags

Ventura Apr 28, 2015 at 8:30 PM

My son is in Ventura and has chance to meet friends at Six Flags weds 29th Apr but no transport. Long shot but does anyone have Any suggestions ?

more
    • looking for roadtrip travel buddies in California in May 2015

Los Angeles Apr 25, 2015 at 1:23 PM

Hi I am looking for roadtrip travel buddies in California in May 2015.
      It will be 20 or above days roadtrip!
      Maybe go to Seattle or Vancouver later.
      Are you interested joking the whole or part of the trip? Let's travel on the road!

more
    • 6 Day near San Fransisco

San Francisco Apr 18, 2015 at 5:19 AM

Anniversary with my Wife. Sat 5/16-Fri 5/22. Planning to fly to SF Go down coast to Big Sur stay a few days go up to Wine Country and last day in SF.

We are very active and love the outdoors, but are happy to do some relaxing things as well.

1) Is Big Sur the best bet to go down to? Any other place to stay or stop at?
      2) Suggestions for Wine Country? No idea of where to stay or go
      3) Stop at Muir Woods on the way to SF?

Any other ideas or suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

more
    • 4 day itenary

Death Valley National Park Apr 13, 2015 at 7:39 AM

We are driving with 2 kids (15 & 11 yrs) from Vegas on Thursday in the month of July. We plan to reach DV and enjoy the park that day spend the night there and then next day by noon drive to Yosemite. Reach Yosemite on Friday by evening and then enjoy the park next day on Saturday. Should we stay in Yosemite on Sunday as well or go to Lake Tahoe and then reach SFO on Monday?

We are not interested in Hiking/Trails… See some good spots and move on..

Where should we enter the park in DV and what should be our exit from DV and night stay? Any scenic drive to reach Yosemite? From where should we enter Yosemite? Where should we stay in Yosemite? From which point should we get out as faster route? Should we consider Lake Tahoe? Monday and Tuesday we want to enjoy SFO and then move further...

more
    • Driving by Death Valley

Death Valley National Park Apr 11, 2015 at 4:56 AM

Hi Travelers,
      My name is James & I will be driving from Vegas to Death Valley on Sunday the 3rd of May. I would love to stargaze but I wouldn't want to set up camp for a night. Our next destination after Death Valley would be Yosemite. What is the best option available?
      Thanks in advance for your help
      Cheers,
      James

more
    • Los Angeles to Seattle via US 101

Los Angeles 22 hours ago

Hi, I am from India and will be travelling to the US in Aug/Sep time period. Basically me and a couple of friends want to go on a road trip from Los Angeles to Seattle via US 101 in 8 days time. We were thinking of hiring a Jeep or other convertible for the drive. All of us have a drivers license issued in India and have used it on east coast to rent a car without having to have a International Drivers Permit. Is this mandatory in California / Oregon / Washington to rent a car? Other than wanting to spend a day or so in San Francisco we haven't made any plans yet. Any advice on where to go or what to do and where to stay along the US 101 is welcome. Thanks in advance

more
    • 1) Using a GPS in a car 2) using a phone cheaply to phone folk in California & back in England

California May 3, 2015 at 2:56 AM

Fellow travellers, (1) Hiring a car for 21 days, what would a cheap GPS device cost to buy in a store? (2) I'll be in California one month, could you recommend a cheap cellphone & network? Have a great May :)

more
    • LAX Terminal transfer

Los Angeles Apr 12, 2015 at 3:58 PM

I am an Australian citizen travelling from YVR to LAX to connect to a United flight to MEL. Inbound flight is by Air Canada to terminal 2 outbound flight is by UAL from terminal 7. Q will I have to clear custom & Immigration & collect my luggage before I then make my way to UAL terminal. Q What would be the quickest way to get from term 2 to term 7 ? Many thanks for any assistance offered.

more
    • Hiking in April

Mammoth Lakes Apr 9, 2015 at 4:47 PM

What is hiking like right now?

more
    • TRAVEL DESTINATION

Los Angeles Apr 10, 2015 at 6:02 PM

Hi everyone! I have a question...What was the top travel destination for the Americans in 2014? Thank you...:)

more
    • Returning back to overseas from LAX or SFO, does it worth gaining time or gaining money?

Los Angeles Yesterday

I live in east Europe and I will visit LA for theme parks, hollywood and beachs, after staying in SF for 2 weeks. From SFO to LAX I will go by plane.

While returning, I either directly fly back from LA to europe, or first fly to SFO and fly from there to europe.

I spend $250 less, flying back from SFO.
      I earn 4-5 hours + 1 less flight (and it's hassles), flying back from LA.

Both planes take of at 6 PM.
      If I choose SFO path, I have to get to airport before 1PM to get on the plane at 2PM.
      If I choose direct flight from SFO, I have to get to airport 4PM at latest.

I have never been to SF or LA, so I appreciate every recommendation.
      Thank you soo much.

more
    • Elf houses???

Solvang Apr 21, 2015 at 9:30 AM

I was curious to see what the small houses were hanging on certain buildings around Solvang. I heard they were elf houses, but I didn't get too much more info about that. I wanted to know more about the culture and history of those houses. Any information is great. Thanks.

more
    • Where to shoot milky way pictures near Lake Tahoe?

South Lake Tahoe Apr 13, 2015 at 5:06 PM

Hello,

We are traveling to South Lake Tahoe this weekend. Does anyone have any recommendation for a good spot to shoot Milky Way pictures? A location with nice foreground would be a nice addition.

I found this video on youtube - youtube.com/watch?v=FaggfsUd...
      Anyone know the location from which it was shot?

Thanks in advance!

more
    • mvp2ny's Profile Photo

Lax - Rentals -

Redondo Beach Apr 9, 2015 at 5:52 AM

Good morning all, any idea about renting a car from LAX. Saw all the major companies but wanted to know if the budget friendly companies provided shuttles. How is the area in Redondo Beach? Staying at Crowne Plaza, looks more like a marina than actual beachfront hotel. Thanks!

more
    • Travel Money Mix for 40 days in California

Los Angeles Apr 11, 2015 at 10:39 AM

I'm planning to travel to state of California/Nevada for 40 days this early summer , visiting 5 cities by car, coming from Bahrain. We're a family of 2 adults and 2 children. My question is about what form of money in what ratio should I best take with me.
      I'm paying for major expenses using credit card. My 4 credit cards can easily cover the entire budget, and it's important for me to carry exactly enough cash for the everyday expenses to avoid drawing cash and save unnecessary cost exchange rates.
      Any suggestions or ideas you can help me with? Thanks in advanced.

more
    • acloud's Profile Photo

What to do for a quick trip

Monterey Apr 7, 2015 at 11:50 AM

For my father's 78th birthday in May, I'm planning a trip to Monterey for us and his almost 6 YO great grandson. I'd like to take them on a whale watching trip and take a drive down to Big Sur. A long hike is out of the question, of course, but I've seen some short ones (around a mile) that will work for us. Our flt will arrive Monday morning in San Jose. Our whale watching will be over by 1 or 2 on Tues. Do you think it would be better to make the drive to Big Sur Monday afternoon or will Tuesday work? Any other suggestions of fun/interesting things that we can fill the day with? Both are interested in animals and nature. Our hotel is in Monterey.

more
    • 6 days from SFO to LA

San Francisco Apr 16, 2015 at 9:47 AM

We are visiting SFO in July with 2 kids (11 & 15). Driving a car already from Yosemite. Can you suggest how we could spend the days in SFO and LA? Want to drive the scenic route also? Not sure how long that will take? Should we spend 2 days in SFO and then 1 night stopover on the way and then 2 days LA?

We also want to cover Monterey/Cambria/Solvang – Santa Barbara/Pebble Beach/Big Sur coastline/spot sea lions lounging on the beach./Santa Ynez Valley

So basically we will have 6 days in hand do sightseeing in SFO and also LA. Not interested in Parks/hiking..

more
    • Drive from Las Vegas

Yosemite National Park Apr 13, 2015 at 5:26 AM

In July we are driving from Las Vegas to Death Valley - Yosemite - SFO
      Can you please suggest me a route? We plan to enter DV on Thursday Morning leave from DV on Friday around 11 AM and drive to Yosemite, stay there overnight and spend the entire next day in Yosemite and leave from there on Sun morning and reach SFO. We have 2 kids 15 & 11. we can enter DV from Furnace Creek visitor center, but that night where could we stay in DV that way we can get out easily in the morning to Yosemite? Also in Yosemite where should we enter from? Where could we stay at night so that its easier to get out to SFO? Also do u think we could go to Lake Tahoe instead of spending 2 days in Yosemite?

more