Ranau Travel Answers

change location

Ranau or Kundasan Bus Station

by anneloh Online Now Oct 27, 2009 at 1:18 AM

please tell me where is the Ranau Bus Station are? I can't find any agency that sell bus ticket from Ranau to KK. Please help me. Thanks in advance.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • puerto_lover's Profile Photo

Re: Ranau or Kundasan Bus Station

by puerto_lover Online Now Oct 27, 2009 at 1:49 AM

hello from London. I was interested in your question so looked for some information. It appears that the 'express' bus may stop on the main KK to Sandakan road between an ESSO station and a roundabout !
    I am telling you this because I just read a report by a Japanese tourist who stayed in Ranau and who took the bus from KK to stay at a guest house in Ranau. You could read the report and see a MAP written in excellent fashion with good description on this:

www001.upp.so-net.ne.jp/fuji...

Anyway hope you find your bus. Maybe there is no 'station' as such but just a 'meeting place'.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • din2x's Profile Photo

by din2x Online Now Oct 27, 2009 at 6:16 PM

You have these option:

1. Take a bus from KK to Inanam Bus Station. From there You can take a bus going to Ranau, or like the previous post said, take a bus that go through Ranau, like Sandakan.

2. In KK, walk to Long Distance Bus Terminal. It is next to Long Distance Taxi Terminal. The location is close to State Library. At Long Distance Bus Terminal, you can take a bus to Ranau.

3. With a little different in price, you can take a long distance taxi, from Long Distance Taxi Terminal. THe different between this type of taxi is that their charge based on per person basis. so you will be sharing with other passenger.

There is no specific bus station for Ranau. Use the Long Distance Bus/Taxi Terminal or go to Inanam Bus Terminal for that.

You don't have to find agency that sell the bus ticket. the system here is, ride in and pay, except in Inanam Bus Terminal where you can purchase the ticket at provided counter.

• din2x's Profile Photo

by din2x Online Now Oct 29, 2009 at 2:00 AM

There was a mistake. After reading your post again, I know that you are looking for bus station in Ranau, not Bus Station to Ranau.

In Ranau, there is a bus station, but it doesn't look like a real bus station. More like a parking lot where most buses (actually vans) park, waiting for a passenger. It's easy to find it once you are in Ranau, because Ranau town is very small.

Another alternative, like the previous post, just wait along the main road. But this way, you only get buses from Sandakan to Kota Kinabalu. Most Van (mini Bus) from Ranau will usually stay at the parking lot until it's full and depart to Kota Kinabalu. They don't really have the exact timing when they leave to KK.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines