Ramat Gan Travel Answers

change location
Jonate's Profile Photo

Going to the safari / National park

by Jonate Online Now Aug 16, 2010 at 5:12 AM

Hi,
Is the safari affordable by bus? If yes, does somebody knows how (from tel aviv or anywhere..) Same question for national park.

Moreover, What's the diffezrence between The zoo and the safari? Is it a same whole park or 2 distincts parks?

thanks
Jonathan

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • iblatt's Profile Photo

Re: Going to the safari / National park

by iblatt Online Now Aug 16, 2010 at 6:12 AM

Hi!

The Ramat Gan National Park is very easy (and cheap) to get to by bus from Tel-Aviv: Bus lines 35, 55, 43, 65.

See map:
    safari.co.il/files/general/1...
    The whole green area is the park + safari. The area colored in dark green is the park, it's actually a large municipal park with an artificial lake in its center.
    The light green area is the safari, which you may enter private car / golf cart you rent on the premises / mini-train.
    The safari bus goes through the lion's territory to the zoo entrance (colored blue on the map).

You can find more information on the official website:
    safari.co.il/content.php?id=...

Hope this is helpful,
    Ilan

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Bregman's Profile Photo

by Bregman Online Now Aug 16, 2010 at 7:07 AM

A bus ride in the Tel-Area is a little more than 5 NIS, so it should be affordable. The Safari is composed of two parts. The Safari itself where you must be in a car and the animals roam free. The other part is the zoo where you don't need a car and you walk (or use a golf cart) between the cages and compounds of the animals. The animals are either caged or have some close compound.

I'm not sure if you can see the safari part without car. They used to have a kids mini-train going through it, but you better call them and ask.

The national park is a nice park, but there is really no need to travel especially from Tel-Aviv to see it. You have a much nicer park in Tel-Aviv, Ha-Yarkon park.

• iblatt's Profile Photo

by iblatt Online Now Aug 16, 2010 at 1:00 PM

I totally agree with Bregman that the Yarkon Park in Tel-Aviv is much nicer (and also larger) than the Ramat-Gan Park!

• Jonate's Profile Photo

by Jonate Online Now Aug 17, 2010 at 4:25 AM

Thank you Ilan & Bregman for you helpful information..

If I understand, I can't go though the safari by foot. It's a pity! I will try to arrange a car!

Have a good day

• Bregman's Profile Photo

by Bregman Online Now Aug 17, 2010 at 4:28 AM

It seems that you can get internal transportation in the Safari for an extra 7NIS. You can see all the details at: safari.co.il/article.php?id=....

• Jonate's Profile Photo

by Jonate Online Now Aug 17, 2010 at 4:51 AM

Thank again!

I'll ask more information when I come.

Regards,

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines