Ramat Gan Travel Answers

change location

Transportation to Jerusalem

by ronn86 Online Now May 30, 2009 at 5:19 AM

Hi, I need to get to Jerusalem Monday morning from Ramat Gan. How do I go about this? Thanks

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • unaS's Profile Photo

Re: Transportation to Jerusalem

by unaS Online Now May 30, 2009 at 6:44 AM

Where in Ramat Gan?

From the Center (Jabotinski) you have buses to Tel Aviv - either the Arlozorov Terminal or the New Central Bus station. From there you can get a bus directly to the Central Bus Station in Jerusalem.

The trip takes a bit over an hour and costs abut NIS24.50.

However there is a choice of other routes as well depending on where in Ramat Gan you want to get the bus.

You can check all of the Egged bus schedules here:
    mslworld.egged.co.il/eggedti...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Transportation to Jerusalem

by ramot418 Online Now May 30, 2009 at 6:45 AM

Bus no. 400 goes from Ramat Gan (via B'nei Brak) to Jerusalem. There are stops on the main streets, but I don't know exactly where. Most locals should be able to direct you to the nearest stop.

by ronn86 Online Now May 30, 2009 at 12:01 PM

I need to take the bus from Heorah street. Thanks very much everyone for your help!

• Bregman's Profile Photo

by Bregman Online Now May 31, 2009 at 4:02 AM

Are you sure about the spelling of the streeet name? I can't think of such a street name in Ramat-Gan. Anyway, even though you can take bus number 400 it would be probably faster to go to the train station in Tel-Aviv and take bus number 480 from there. You can get to the train station (the Arlozorov one)very easily fromn anywhere in Ramat-Gan. You have bus numbers 51, 61, 62, 72, 22, 40, 42 and much more.

by ramot418 Online Now May 31, 2009 at 4:28 AM

I'm sure the intention was Ha'roeh street. The 400 bus definitely runs on that street.

Bregman is correct that an alternate option is going to the Arlozorov terminal and taking the 480 direct bus, and it may be shorter in time (I'm not sure) although longer in distance. That's because it is rather slow going through Bnei Brak for the no.400 bus. Ask the locals who use buses. They would know which is better.

• unaS's Profile Photo

by unaS Online Now May 31, 2009 at 6:37 AM

I used the number 400 many long years ago when in college. It was a terribly slow local. Don't know if it has improved since then or not, but from what I hear others say it hasn't improved much if at all.

The Arlozorov Terminal is the bus station - an alternate to the New Central Bus Station. You don't need the train.

• Bregman's Profile Photo

by Bregman Online Now May 31, 2009 at 10:15 AM

I live in Givatayim, right next to the first stop of bus number 400. Whenever I needed to go to Jerusalem (when I was still using buses) I just took a bus to the central bus station and took number 405 from there or later, when the bus terminal next to the Arlozorov train station opened, go there and take bus number 480.

From Ha-Roeh street it will be faster to go to the Arlozorov bus terminal and take bus 480. As the terminal is right on the highway, the bus doesn't need to go through city traffic. Ha-Roeh is a very long street, so you will have different buses on different parts of it. If you have the exact number on the street I could give you exact information. But, for most parts of the streets, buses number 61, 62 and 72 should be the best option.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines