Ramallah Travel Answers

change location

If I plan to stay in Ramallah for awhile

by silkysandy Online Now Jul 25, 2007 at 11:43 AM

Hi,
Im planning a trip to Ramallah,and have plans to reside in a palestinian village.What are the requirements to be able to do so. Also, for how long am I allowed to stay if im only a tourist....Please help, if you are from america, what exactly is requested from Israel to obtain a visa, I am told that a return ticket is not a requirement as it states at the website for state.gov .
Your input is greatly appreciated...

sandy
USA

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Re: If I plan to stay in Ramallah for awhile

by pidev Online Now Mar 28, 2008 at 3:35 AM

Upon entrance into Israel here are a few tips

1. New tell them that you are going to Palestine. For your own ease say that you want to tour around israel.

2. They generally give three month visa's to all tourists. I am not sure what countries need them beforehand but Americans do not.

3. Good luck getting it extended. It is best to leave the country through Jordon for a few days before your visa expires then come back in and say you are visiting for a while.

4. sometimes they ask if you have a return ticket and make you buy one on the spot. if this is the case you should buy a first class totally refundable ticket at the airport and once you get to where you are going just call and cancel it. Generally they do not ask though...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines