Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• tattoo parlor

Boone Apr 13, 2014 at 1:36 PM

can you get a tattoo in boone

more
    • Beach Access

Nags Head Apr 2, 2014 at 4:11 AM

It looks like our rental is closet to the Curlew Beach Access mp 11.8 (2 blocks from beach access, Memorial Ave.). I see this access has a water fall pipe and is about 6 houses down from the pier. Does anyone have any experience w/ area? I didn't realize the beach location until after renting the house for June. I was wondering if I should seek other accesses such as E. Hollowell St. and drive instead of the short walk to the beach? I am quite disappointed in finding this news out:( Advice would be appreciated.

more
    • Travel Time on I-77

Charlotte Apr 16, 2014 at 8:39 AM

I will be working near Tyvola Rd. in south charlotte. I can get a great deal on a place right outside uptown. What am I looking at in terms of commuting during the week? It is technically 15 miles away.

more
    • Car Rentals from Vegas to Southern Utah

North Carolina Mar 31, 2014 at 4:08 AM

We're planning ten days in Southern Utah to see the 5 Natl. Parks and several other sites. Can cars be rented in Vegas and driven into Southern Utah? I assume so but can't find confirmation on any rental car web site.

more
    • How much time should I allot for different cities.

Lisbon Apr 9, 2014 at 7:28 PM

We land in Lisbon and I've booked first four nights there. I've also booked three nights in Porto and was undecided how to spend last five days. Now I'm wondering if we should just go straight to Porto then after four days in and around that area, working our way south towards Lisbon. While north I'd like to include stops at Viana do Castelo, and Braga. Then heading south and stopping at Coimbra, Fatima, Evora, and then Lisbon, with Sintra and Cascasis. Does anyone have a suggestion in which order I should do each city? How long will I need to see everything? Am I trying to fit too much into one day. We will not be renting a car, but using train or buses.

more
    • what to wear

by wissam77 Online Now Oct 15, 2013 at 10:04 AM

hi
      im coming to raleigh in a business trip from 29 Oct to 5 Nov
      im coming from outside USA ,i just want to know what clothes to bring
      is it so cold,do i need heavy clothes
      also what do u suggest to do and spend time and places to visit
      thanks

1 Answer Oct 16, 2013 at 4:38 AM
    • Rodeo near Raleigh?

by JamesMcCullers Online Now Jan 16, 2011 at 9:18 AM

I am trying to find out when there will be another rodeo near Raleigh? I missed the one at the RBC and the wife is still mad.

• Getting to School

by jsmith806 Online Now Sep 8, 2009 at 10:07 AM

Is there a bus that will get you close to North Garner Middle School?

1 Answer Sep 8, 2009 at 5:11 PM
    • gordonilla's Profile Photo

Visiting Raleigh with work 26 May to 30 May

by gordonilla Online Now May 19, 2009 at 11:32 PM

I am visiting the Raleigh area twice in the next few weeks - first visit is hown with dates above. Would any local Vter like to meet up for coffee, lunch or dinner? I believe I am staying at the The Umstead hotel. Hope to hear from one of you.

2 Answers May 27, 2009 at 8:06 PM
    • diver-x's Profile Photo

Day trip to the sea coast?

by diver-x Online Now Nov 18, 2006 at 7:44 AM

I might have an opportunity to move to the Raleigh area from Boston so I'm looking at all the pros & cons. One of my big concerns is that it's far from the sea coast. All my life I've lived less than an hour away from the ocean and I would miss being able to go diving on a whim in the summer. Is it possible to take a day trip to the sea coast? Keep in mind, that I'm the kind of person who day trips to Martha's Vineyard from the Boston area (a 2 1/2 hour trip one way). What are the nicest coastal areas closest to Raleigh? Any good diving? Thanks!

1 Answer Nov 28, 2006 at 3:54 PM
    • Distance between Raleigh Railway station and Greyhound Bus station

by psk_vaniin Online Now Oct 28, 2006 at 5:55 PM

What is the distance between Raleigh Railway station and Greyhound Bus station? How much time will it take to travel between Raleigh Railway station and Greyhound Bus station

3 Answers Mar 20, 2012 at 10:42 AM
    • YWLTP's Profile Photo

romantic inn or B and B

by YWLTP Online Now Sep 19, 2006 at 7:39 PM

HELP! I am trying to find a any where in the Raleigh, Greensboro and surrounding area… something quant, with acreage and quality service. It’s our 1st anniversary and my husband’s b day the second week in October and I want to find something that will be very memorable. We love the out doors and great food and wine… and want to stay somewhere really beautiful and charming… any suggestions. Any help would be fantastic!!!

• need some help

by wsusema Online Now Aug 30, 2006 at 2:53 AM

Guys, I need some help please.
      Me and my sister we are both in our late 20’s, we are going to arrive to Durham-Raleigh area on the 20th of Sep from over seas for Duke Medical Center. I have no clue what’s the scene like there. In fact, I need a place to stay at for at least a month….any Idea where??!!...how much should I pay?? Which area is safe and which one isn’t??!!.....

Also, I would like to rent a car ..What company should I rent a car from (for at least a month)??!!.....

you recommendations are very valuable.
      Thank you

• weather and bugs?

by cruisekat Online Now Jun 12, 2006 at 6:24 AM

We have considered relocating to the Raleigh area but would like some information on the climate/weather....do you get all four seasons, and snow too?? How about fire ants...are they there in that area?? Thank you for any info you can provide!

1 Answer Jun 13, 2006 at 9:49 PM
    • not a church goer

by movin2nc Online Now Feb 25, 2006 at 5:40 AM

Im a single Jewish MOM with 2 little girls.. I am a professional and I am looking to get out of the south florida area.. Have my sights set on Cary or Apex nort carolina. My concern is the amount of other Jews in the area and the southern way of life. Will my children be shunned? Will we not belong?
      Any suggestions on where we choose to live?

thanks in advance for any advice!

1 Answer Feb 25, 2006 at 12:25 PM
    • christinakl's Profile Photo

The Big Move

by christinakl Online Now Feb 11, 2006 at 2:59 PM

My boyfriend is being transferred to Raleigh, North Carolina, and our move is scheduled around mid-May. Both of us are natives to California, but I have family from PA and sadly to say that is the only other US State that I have had the opportunity to experiance. I was wondering if anyone could give me a little advise on what I should be expecting (ie: weather wise, social atmosphere) and what area's would be the best for moving too (maybe starting a little family WinkWink)

Thanks a bunch

5 Answers Apr 17, 2006 at 9:02 PM
    • Angua's Profile Photo

View of the Shuttle?

by Angua Online Now Jul 1, 2005 at 12:42 AM

Hubbie and I will be visiting friends in North Raleigh in July when the shuttle launch is currently scheduled to take place. We wondered whether North Carolina residents can see any part of the shuttle path before it leaves our atmosphere. If so, what is the best place to view it from?

Many thanks.

3 Answers Jul 2, 2005 at 1:05 AM
    • swahili4courage's Profile Photo

Hoping to Relocate to Raleigh in One Year

by swahili4courage Online Now May 22, 2005 at 8:26 AM

My wife & I are in our mid 30s and have 2 small kids, ages 5 and 3. We have lived in the DC region (Northern Virginia suburbs) since the mid-1990s and are in need of a change. We just feel the DC surrounding region has become so overcrowded and so overpriced we just need to move away. We made a trip to the Raleigh region in summer 2004 and really liked what we saw. We want to relocate to the Raleigh area.

Ideally, we would line up a job in the Raleigh region before we left the DC region, but have found that employers are reluctant to interview people from out of state. There seems to be an influx of "transplants" from the northeast and western states to the Raleigh area. We've really had it with the traffic, overpriced housing, etc of the DC surrounding region. I've been doing IT support for the last 11 years (Windows sys admin, desktop, application support) and my wife is a medical records technician. Hope to move and be in place in the Raleigh area by summer 2006. What types of things should we be doing now in preparation for this goal? Can any of you fellow "transplants" recommend some companies or give advice here? Did your company pay for your relocation to Raleigh area or did you have to fund it yourself? Any advice/info is most appreciative.

5 Answers Mar 28, 2006 at 11:42 AM
    • Maikeli's Profile Photo

Relocating from Pearl City, Hawaii

by Maikeli Online Now Apr 13, 2005 at 4:11 PM

I know, you are probably asking yourself, "Why on earth would you move away from HAWAII!!"
      Let me tell you, Hawaii is not an easy place to live, by any means. Basically, it is not for mainlanders (haoles). Problems include: racism, anti-mainlanderism, cost of living, quality of housing, job market...
      Anyway, my wife and I have been looking for where to move, and Raleigh is at the top of our list. I'm an ESL teacher and she is a communications/marketing person, so we are wondering about job availability; whether or not the culture is accepting of outsiders/newcomers; where the "good" and "bad" neighborhoods are; and generally, what it is like to live in the Raleigh area.
      Any advice or descriptions would be greatly appreciated, and if anyone wants to know what life is like for a "haole" in Hawaii, I have more than a few stories to share.
      Mahalo nui loa! (thanks a lot!)
      -Mike

2 Answers Apr 14, 2005 at 9:32 AM
    • Vacation suggestions Raleigh

by debra_lea Online Now Apr 4, 2005 at 3:59 PM

My husband, one year old son and I are vacationing in Raleigh the week after memorial day. We are also scoping out the area for a possible relocation from Ventura California. I am ready to pack my bags, but my husband is going to need a little convincing. He has had little exposure to the southeast and is afraid that he will have to become a NASCAR/beer drinking/red neck:-)

Please offer advice on things to do. We will be staying at a b&b in downtown Raleigh. I would love suggestions for places to eat and things to do. We would prefer the "undiscovered" affordable eatries that would be suitable for a family. They don't have to be fancy, but we like good tasting. We are more into healthy multicultural foods.

As for places to see...I'm looking for places that show the cultural of the city.

Thanks in advance,
      Debra

4 Answers Sep 6, 2005 at 3:10 AM
    • sjs12's Profile Photo

Looking to Relocate

by sjs12 Online Now Mar 1, 2005 at 10:07 AM

I am looking at taking a job in raleigh, north carolina, but I've never been there. Right now I live in Minneapolis. What are the good and bad things about N.C.?

6 Answers Mar 25, 2005 at 4:34 PM
    • alexfromstl's Profile Photo

Hostel in Raleigh

by alexfromstl Online Now Feb 9, 2005 at 3:10 PM

Hey, I can't find any hostels in raleigh, i'm coming to see about a job there in a few weeks. i like to stay in hostels because they are cheap and its fun to meet folks. i'm going to contact nc state to see if they might rent out an empty room for a day or two. any hostels or suggestions? thanks!

2 Answers Feb 9, 2005 at 7:02 PM
    • Movin to Raleigh from Houston

by oltex1 Online Now Dec 10, 2004 at 12:45 AM

what part of raleigh is the best place to live and will it be hard for a student to find work when i get there

1 Answer Dec 10, 2004 at 9:02 PM