Be the First to Answer

• Paulo_Pinto's Profile Photo

David beach ?

Mohammedia Mar 28, 2014 at 3:05 PM

Do you this beach in Mohammedia, Casablanc in Marrocos ? Is a good one

more
    • Move to Casablanca

Casablanca 4 hours ago

I am a young Irish gay guy offered a good job in Casablanca managing a salon. I do not know anything about culture here so am having second thought because of stories I'm being told , any advice personal experiences or tips would realy be appreciated

more
    • mvp2ny's Profile Photo

Casablanca

Wilaya de Casablanca Apr 18, 2014 at 4:31 AM

Hello all,

Transiting through CMN. Is there a transit lounge. I heard RAM provied hotel/transport/food. They failed to mention any of that during the reservation process. Will be returning to stay 2 nights on the journey home. Will again be staying at "Le Royal Mansour".  Now that I have more time, how's the nightlife in that area.  Thanks.

more
    • CarolinaMoens's Profile Photo

Is there a ferry from the Canary Islands to Morocco?

Marrakesh Apr 8, 2014 at 7:19 PM

Hi! I will be this August in the Canary Islands and I would love to visit Morocco. I was wondering if there is any farry that would take my there but my online research hasn't been positive. does the ferries from the Canary Islands still exist? Thanks! :)

more
    • Safety for tourist

Tangier Mar 24, 2014 at 8:28 PM

Is Tangier safe for a U S citizen to walk around in?

more
    • Prices in Agadir

Agadir Apr 17, 2014 at 12:37 PM

Hi, thinking of self catering in Agadir, have no idea of prices EG: beer, wine, spirits in bars and supermarkets also would like a general idea of prices of meals in restaurants and general food items - bread, eggs, milk etc in supermarkets, if anyone can help I would be most grateful

Thanks

more
    • Places not to miss on 4-5 day trip?

Morocco Apr 12, 2014 at 7:04 AM

Hello! I will be visiting Morocco with a friend for 4-5 days this June - just looking for some recommendations on places not to miss! We were planning on spending 2 days each in Casablanca and Marrakech, but looking through these posts it seems like Essaouira and Merzouga are highly recommended! Is it feasible to do all 4 places in 4-5 days? Account travel between and whatnot... Also as a first time visitor to Morocco, are hotels recommended or are there cheaper options like inns or hostels or apartments? Safety also a concern.. Thanks in advance!

more
    • Trip of 2-3 days

Essaouira Mar 26, 2014 at 9:09 AM

Hello! Me again I forgot to ask, is there a specific day(s) during the week I should go to Essaouira?
      Meaning that somtimes in some destinaton there is specific days of the week that the Souk are open, or something like that. The reason why I'm saying this is when I wanted to go to Agadir I read that the Souk was on thursday only???

more
    • Tour of Morrocco

Morocco Apr 10, 2014 at 12:48 AM

we are going to Morocco in late September for 2 weeks in a camper van arriving and leaving by ferry from Spain ,would like to know which are the best sites to see ,
      can someone suggest a route to take ,feel free to cut and paste from an earlier message .
      Is any one else going around the same time ?

more
    • Advice regarding travel from Agadir airport to Essaouira

Agadir Apr 2, 2014 at 5:16 AM

Hi everyone, We are arriving around 18.00 pm in Agadir in two weeks and we would like to figure out if it is worth staying there ( although from the threads I have read it seems that everyone suggests that it is better not to spend too much time there) or we should head to Essaouira straight away. If we leave, can we take a taxi from the airport or should we go somewhere else first to take a taxi from there? What are the chances that we can find a shared taxi and how much does it cost these days? Many thanks for your answers in advance.

more
    • Ouazazate to Chefchouen

Ouarzazate Apr 9, 2014 at 10:04 AM

I want to go by bus from Ouarzazate to Chefchouen via Merzouga. What are my options? If I wanted to stop off one night in one of the towns would there be another bus the next day to carry on my trip to Chefchoen?

more
    • nania's Profile Photo

One week tour

Morocco Mar 29, 2014 at 2:53 PM

Hello everyone! I am planning to do a small tour of the country in June with my boyfriend. We are coming from Portugal, going to travel by car, and we have available 8 days. I would like to pass one night in the desert, but i would need some recommendations about which cities we shouldn't miss, and which are the best places to go. We are planning to go down south to Marrakesh but we don't know if it is worth-ed to go even further.
      Please help me with this questions! Thanks a lot!

more
    • Agadir for the first time!

Agadir Mar 25, 2014 at 3:19 PM

Good day!
      I need help! Im soooo confuse now, I will be in Marrakech mid April for the first time,first I decided to go by train to Cassablanca for 2 days then people are saying it too commercial.. That i should go to Agadir instead? Now im looking at the hotel in Agadir and it looks like all "resort" but I want to visit, see things,... Not be on a beach!!
      Please help!
      where should i go between Agadir or Cassablanca?
      And any ideas on nice hotels???
      Thanks
      A lost canadian girl!

more
    • Dan30's Profile Photo

How come in Morocco you not exchange Australia Dollars

Morocco Apr 6, 2014 at 8:14 AM

As morocco gets more and more International tourist and new agreements with EMIRATES & Qantas you will be get lot more tourist coming from Australia. The question I pose VT members why can not exchange Australia Dollars in Morocco?

Your feed back in this question will be helpful

more
    • Rif mountains - worth a journey?

Morocco Apr 6, 2014 at 10:45 AM

Hello everybody, my plan is to travel through north Morocco for two weeks in september starting from Tanger. I've heard about the Rif region and now my question is if anybody has any experience reports: Which town to visit? Special regions? How much time should I plan for this? What is the best way to get there? For recommendations concerning guesthouses or so I'd be also thankful! Looking forward to your answers and thanks in advance, Lena

more

Near Rabat

• crystalman's Profile Photo

Comparison to the cities

by crystalman Online Now Dec 27, 2013 at 8:02 AM

İ want to move to Morocco. İ have a idea with Agadir, Casablanca, and Rabat but i cant reach a decision.Which is best for livable?

5 Answers Dec 28, 2013 at 9:34 AM
    • Hotel near the Airport

by parthtkalyan Online Now Aug 9, 2013 at 6:00 AM

Planning my visit to Rabat in the last week of October. Can anyone suggest a good hotel near the international hotel along-with a few useful tips?

2 Answers Aug 9, 2013 at 7:02 AM
    • looking for accommodation in Rabat

by christopher2014 Online Now Apr 14, 2013 at 5:08 AM

Hi, I am moving to rabat next week and would like to rent an appartment in Agdal. Could you please tell me what the price would be for a duration of 2 months (2 or 3 bedrooms)

3 Answers Aug 19, 2013 at 5:48 AM
    • Rabat's Shelter

by Saliha_10 Online Now Mar 10, 2013 at 9:24 AM

What kind of shelter do generally people live in Rabat, Morocco?

1 Answer Sep 8, 2013 at 11:24 PM
    • MarkEStevens's Profile Photo

American Coming to Rabat, Morocco

by MarkEStevens Online Now Oct 13, 2012 at 7:16 AM

I am a English only speaking American considering a 3 month project located in Rabat Morocco. I have read alarming safety postings on the US State Department website, but have read similar postings for other locations in the world that I have worked with no issues, so do not want to rely only on that information.

I would appreciate advise from other expats that have experience working or visiting Morocco regarding safety for Americans working there.

Thank You

8 Answers Mar 18, 2013 at 1:42 PM
    • Jeanlyon's Profile Photo

Train from Casa Port to Rabat

by Jeanlyon Online Now May 8, 2012 at 3:25 AM

Hi, we are visiting Morocco on a cruise ship and would like to go to Rabat on our own. Would anyone advise us not to do this? The train looks good. How far is everywhere to walk once we get off the train?

3 Answers May 27, 2012 at 11:43 AM
    • Day trip

by Lstiles09 Online Now Nov 23, 2011 at 7:57 AM

Where are some good places to go on a day trip from Rabat? I'm interested in going east, or inland from the coast. Thank you!

4 Answers Nov 24, 2011 at 12:14 PM
    • Cost of living in Rabat...

by Markusss Online Now Oct 27, 2010 at 11:12 AM

Hello everybody, I have a specific question about the cost of living in Rabat, well, actually two questions (but might have a few more in some weeks:P): Is it possible to live properly in Rabat with 3,100 US$ per month? That would be (more or less) 24,922 or 25,000 Dirhams.
      My second question is about renting a flat in Rabat (Agdal or Souissi). What can I find if I'm expecting to pay about 800 to 950 USD per month? Can anybody help?
      Thank you guys!

2 Answers Apr 22, 2011 at 3:48 PM
    • Help With Electronics, Please!

by inrabat Online Now Jun 30, 2010 at 8:39 AM

My computer cable has died for my Macbook, and I need to get a new one. No idea where to go,and if at all possible, an english speaking one would be great! If not, I have a french-speaker I can bring along-worst case scenario. Would appreciate ANY help. thanks!

3 Answers Jul 8, 2010 at 2:20 PM
    • Need advice on transportation from Casablanca airport to Rabat

by nboyars Online Now Jun 6, 2010 at 7:15 PM

We are traveling to Morocco October 23 to join an organized tour that will begin at hotel La Tour Hassan. We will be arriving by air at the Casablanca airport. What would be the best way (that is, easiest and most effortless -- we will be tired from the flight) to get from the Casablanca airport to the hotel La Tour Hassan in Rabat? Would the hotel arrange transportation for us? How would we get in touch with the hotel? Their website doesn't seem to be operational

Thanks!

1 Answer Jun 6, 2010 at 7:37 PM
    • Créche / Nursery in Rabat for our baby - Can anyone help?

by juliagg Online Now Apr 14, 2010 at 3:11 PM

Hi, I am moving to Rabat due to a job offer my partner and I have had and wondering if anyone knows of a good Créche / Nursery for our 15 month old girl in the Agdal or Hassan area?

If anyone can help with a name or at least a rough idea of what it can cost monthly I woudl greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
      J

2 Answers Apr 18, 2010 at 4:28 AM
    • antonio1's Profile Photo

The price for fuel since march 2010

by antonio1 Online Now Mar 17, 2010 at 4:56 PM

Can you please help me giving the price for fuel, especially benzin and diesel. What's the price per liter in dirhan and euro?

thank you,

1 Answer Apr 18, 2010 at 2:51 AM
    • antonio1's Profile Photo

Live for a while in Rabat

by antonio1 Online Now Mar 16, 2010 at 9:02 AM

Hi to everybody,

tourist in Rabat or local people. I'd like to know more about Rabat, so I have some questions for this time living in Rabat. How can you rent an appartment for 2 months in Rabat, a small one or studio, something with a room and bathroom and kitchen for cooking? What is average price? Is it possible to find it with internet connection?

Another question is about spending time and money in Rabat, how most tourist are doing, having cash with them or paying by credit card most of the things? Is it any supermarket with posibility to pay by credit card?

Any things about life in Rabat, will help me.

thank you,
      Antonio

2 Answers Apr 18, 2010 at 3:12 AM
    • hshifan's Profile Photo

Train from Casablanca to Rabat

by hshifan Online Now Oct 22, 2009 at 4:45 AM

I would like to know if there is any train from Casablanca to Rabat? how many hours it takes? how often is the train? how much it would cost?

I will be traveling with my wife who is 5 month pregnant and will the train be comfortable for her.

4 Answers Oct 22, 2009 at 3:13 PM
    • hshifan's Profile Photo

Morocco Visa Extension

by hshifan Online Now Oct 21, 2009 at 5:35 AM

I will be coming to Rabat hopefully by Nov-09 for 03 months and would like to know if I can extend my visa after the 03 month period without leaving the country.

4 Answers Oct 22, 2009 at 5:50 AM
    • Deneen1's Profile Photo

flooding in Rabat

by Deneen1 Online Now Sep 16, 2009 at 8:33 AM

I am wondering how extensive the damage is from the flooding in Rabat yesterday? I just saw this on the news. Were there any injuries or fatalities?
      We are due to arrive in Rabat on Sept 24, but we could come back through on our way back to Marrakech if it's not a good idea to arrive then, or even not at all.
      Here most places with a natural disaster do not want tourists in the way.

1 Answer Sep 16, 2009 at 11:31 AM
    • International Research Student

by hogie824 Online Now Mar 28, 2009 at 9:16 AM

Hi,

I would really like to have some advice on living conditions for a student traveling to rabat and living there for a month - I am traveling on a tight budget and am willing to stay very cheap. Rabat will be my homebase city as I conduct my research all across Morocco, and then return to Rabat to compile my information. Any tips are greatly appreciated...

• geojean's Profile Photo

Donations

by geojean Online Now Sep 30, 2008 at 12:20 PM

Hello,

I'm visiting Morocco next year and would like to dontate children's clothing, school supplies etc. to an orpanage or any school that needs them. Can anyone give me any local organizations names thatI can contact and find out what they need. Im visiting the major towns, Marakesh, Rabat, Fes. Thank you for your help

9 Answers Sep 23, 2009 at 10:24 PM
    • Casablanca to Rabat

by donner1947 Online Now Aug 10, 2008 at 6:01 PM

Thanks for the tip on getting from Casablanca to Rabat, especially to pay for First Class seating. Do you know if you can get from the airport to the train station without much difficulty?

1 Answer Aug 11, 2008 at 10:27 AM
    • jayjayc's Profile Photo

Go to Fridays on Friday

by jayjayc Online Now Jul 18, 2008 at 4:15 AM

Can anyone tell me which street TGI Fridays in Rabat is located? I spotted it one time on my way home, and the taxi driver got a tounge twister using english language so, I did not bother to ask.

Please let me know the street name in french, or any landmarks near the resto bar that I could mention to taxi drivers for them to understnd me.

Cheers!

2 Answers Jul 21, 2008 at 3:15 AM
    • Studying Arabic in Morocco?

by Tmac3565 Online Now Mar 24, 2008 at 6:50 PM

I am a college student interested in learning Arabic. By summertime, I will have completed 2 semesters of Arabic. I am extremely interested in continuing my learning of Arabic over the summer, and I was wondering where the best place to learn the language would be. Some things that are of importance to me are: quality of instruction, location of the school, and activities outside of the school. Since I am going alone, I want to study somewhere where I won't feel secluded or outside of society. Also, scenery is of great importance. All things considered, where would you guys recommend studying Arabic? (I want to study for a period of about 2 months...I'm not sure if that changes anything). ( I know I posted this about a month ago in the Sousse and Damascus forum; however, those are no longer options.)

7 Answers Apr 5, 2008 at 12:26 PM
    • Expat Housing/Life with an American Dog in Rabat

by expatlawyer Online Now Jan 7, 2008 at 8:42 AM

We are considering a job posting that would take us to Rabat and wanted to inquire as to the dog-friendliness of this city. We would need a house with a yard. Do expats generally bring dogs to Morocco? Are there places to walk dogs in Rabat? I have read a lot about stray dogs and am worried.

Thanks!!

4 Answers Jun 12, 2008 at 12:33 PM
    • Staying at Riads

by fogcitymom Online Now Dec 10, 2007 at 2:17 PM

Would appreciate information about facilities in Rabat riads: Dar Al Batoul, or Riad Oudaya, or Riad Kasbah...western toilets en suite? showers ensuite? As a traveling grandma with old knees, these are important considerations. Any info greatly appreciated!

2 Answers Dec 11, 2007 at 1:11 AM
    • JJ1's Profile Photo

Can anyone recommend a nice hotel in Rabat

by JJ1 Online Now Dec 1, 2007 at 9:20 AM

I have just one night in Rabat. Can anyone recommend a nice hotel - friendly, clean, central and with character?

Thanks all
      JJ1

5 Answers Dec 9, 2007 at 4:49 PM
    • any one can post some bars and pubs\s information

by chinesemorocco Online Now Nov 12, 2007 at 2:25 AM

i mean the address , bar or pub's name, telephone, |

1 Answer Nov 12, 2007 at 8:04 PM
    • photoangela75's Profile Photo

Currency Exchange Morocco Dirhams

by photoangela75 Online Now Oct 26, 2007 at 2:32 PM

Hi there all....I hope that you can help me out...
      I am going to Morocco here in 3 weeks. I checked through my bank and was suprised by the fee they charged me on the dollar to exchange from American Dollars...to Morocan Dirhams. I just read on the Morocco Embassay Website that there is no commision there in Morocco to exchange my money....is this true?

Would I get the most for my money to do my currency exchange there in Morocco as aposed to at my local bank?

Thanks soooo Much....Angela

5 Answers Oct 27, 2007 at 7:08 AM
    • isabella_alexander's Profile Photo

Moving to Rabat in 2 weeks- HELP!

by isabella_alexander Online Now Sep 10, 2007 at 7:30 AM

I have the choice between staying in either Des Orangers or Oudaya when I arrive in Rabat, but I know absolutely nothing about either town. Could someone please tell me a little about the two places?

Thank you!

2 Answers Oct 31, 2007 at 4:59 AM
    • jayjayc's Profile Photo

do you know?

by jayjayc Online Now Aug 17, 2007 at 12:22 AM

Anyone help regarding which electric voltage does Rabat have? (e.g. 220)

3 Answers Aug 27, 2007 at 2:40 PM
    • isabella_alexander's Profile Photo

Moving to Rabat...

by isabella_alexander Online Now Aug 15, 2007 at 7:49 PM

I am moving to Rabat on October 1, and I am wondering how I should go about finding an apartment there. I will be living in the city for 10 months, and would consider renting either a private studio apartment or a private room in someone's home. Any advice that you may have would be greatly appreciated!

1 Answer Aug 15, 2007 at 8:12 PM
    • liveid78's Profile Photo

any help

by liveid78 Online Now Jun 21, 2007 at 7:12 PM

I am planning to visit Istanbul on July 5th to 8th for the first time

Dubai from July 8th to 13th for second time

Egypt from July 13th to 18th and would live to visit Alexandria what is the best way to get around?

Casablanca July 19th to 24th and would like to get to Rabat and Marabkesh

London for one nite for a stop over on July 4th

I would like to know some reasonable hotels and best way to get around. I would be renting a car in Dubai so should be a problem.