change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• A_liba's Profile Photo

Merzouga-Marrakech? by 2 guys from Italy

Morocco Jul 13, 2014 at 12:50 AM

Hi! we are two italian guys and this summer we'll be in morocco on a trip. We'd like to go for a trip in the desert, and we heard the best place for this was Merzouga. So we'll go from Fez to Merzouga, but then we have to get from Merzouga to Marrakech, can you tell me what's the best way to do this (grand taxi, bus,..)? Do you think we should stop in any place on the way? How long does it take for this route, is it possible to leave Merzouga in the morning and get to Marrakech for the evening?
      Thanks a lot

more
    • Antiques in Marrakech

Marrakesh Jul 18, 2014 at 12:47 AM

Where is the best place to search for flea markets, old furniture and antiques in Marrakech?

more
    • Cheap holiday in tangier?

Morocco Jul 17, 2014 at 5:38 AM

Me and my friend are wanting to go to tangier next summer in July for a week but have no idea on the price range. We'll both be 18 so we don't have a lot of money to offer. I just paid £400 for a holiday to Majorca which I afforded but I might struggle with more, however we are both working. We was looking for an all inclusive hotel, but if not half board or just bed and breakfast would do fine. Also hotel doesn't need to be 5*, a 3* would be fine. Can anyone who's travelled to morocco give me an average price range for the flight and hotel together if possible? Even if it's just a guess.. Also is there any dangers to look out for in morocco? We've both never visited a North African county before and even though I have moroccan friends that I met in Spain, I heard sometimes in morocco people can be quite in your face? Thanks in advance :)

more
    • Spits011's Profile Photo

How to clean a Berber wedding blanket

Morocco Jul 4, 2014 at 1:22 PM

Hi I bought a large ivory berber wedding blanket (handira) in morocco for a wedding gift to a friend and I am confused how to clean it as most dry clean laundries in my country are telling me that dry cleaning will damage the shiny sequins and the sheep and cotton weaving. Does anyone have experience with cleaning these blankets made out of sheep wool, cotton and shiny sequins please?

more
    • A_liba's Profile Photo

Fez-Merzouga

Morocco Jul 12, 2014 at 1:23 PM

Hi! we are two italian guys and this summer we'll be in morocco on a trip. We'd like to go for a trip in the desert, and we heard the best place for this was Merzouga. We'd like to know if it's really like that and what is for you the best way to go from Fez to Merzouga? (what can be the price of a taxi?)
      Thanks

more
    • from marrakesh to ouarzazate

Ouarzazate Yesterday

from marrakesh to ouarzazate by bus or taxy, time and cost please

more
    • Jesperp's Profile Photo

Ticket machine at Tangier Railway Station (Tanger Ville)

Tangier Yesterday

Do they have a ticket machine with text in English at Tangier Railway Station (Tanger Ville)?

more
    • flight zb3929 case items missing-just returned 15-7-14

Agadir Jul 15, 2014 at 1:41 PM

Has anybody had thier case opened at agadir airport ? My wife noticed at manchester carousel that her case zips were at opposite ends to where she had zipped up at hotel in agadir. When we arrived home 200 ciggies were missing and a bottle of perfume anybody else got stuff missing

more
    • A_liba's Profile Photo

Sharing desert tour (fez to marrakech)

Morocco Jul 1, 2014 at 9:13 AM

Hi travelers!
      We are two italian guys (21). In august we would like to have a trip in morocco and we saw many tours from Fez to Marrakech with a camel trek and a night in a desert tent. We were really interested but all those tours are really cheaper if you are four people and so are looking for two more people to join us so we can both save money. The starting date would be 9-10 august and we would have a trip of 2/3 nights.
      Whoever wants to know more only needs to write me. Thanks a lot.

more
    • A_liba's Profile Photo

Tanger Med-Tanger railway station

Tangier Jul 17, 2014 at 1:37 AM

Hi! this summer i'll be with a friend on a trip in Spain and Morocco. We booked a ferry from Algeciras to Tangier Med and I have some questions:
      -How long does it take from Algeciras to Tangier Med (Balearia) and what about the change of hour? (Morocco has one or 2 hour of difference with Spain?)
      -How long does it take to go from Tangier Med Port to Tanger Railway station and what is the best way to do it? We have to catch a train to go to Fez.
      Thanks a lot
      Alberto

more
    • A_liba's Profile Photo

Merzouga-Marrakech? by 2 guys from Italy

Merzouga Jul 13, 2014 at 1:01 AM

Hi! we are two italian guys and this summer we'll be in morocco on a trip. We'd like to go for a trip in the desert, and we'll do it in Merzouga. The we have to go from Merzouga to Marrakech, can you tell me what's the best way to do this (grand taxi, bus..)? Do you think we should stop in any place on the way? How long does it take for this route? is it possible to leave Merzouga in the morning and get to Marrakech in the evening?
      Thanks a lot

more
    • Couples in Morocco

Marrakesh Jun 24, 2014 at 4:39 PM

I'm a muslim women from Iran. my boyfriend and I want to go to Marrakech on holiday do you think we will be able to go without facing any trouble of marriage an sharing a room.

more

Near Rabat

• crystalman's Profile Photo

Comparison to the cities

by crystalman Online Now Dec 27, 2013 at 8:02 AM

İ want to move to Morocco. İ have a idea with Agadir, Casablanca, and Rabat but i cant reach a decision.Which is best for livable?

5 Answers Dec 28, 2013 at 9:34 AM
    • Hotel near the Airport

by parthtkalyan Online Now Aug 9, 2013 at 6:00 AM

Planning my visit to Rabat in the last week of October. Can anyone suggest a good hotel near the international hotel along-with a few useful tips?

2 Answers Aug 9, 2013 at 7:02 AM
    • looking for accommodation in Rabat

by christopher2014 Online Now Apr 14, 2013 at 5:08 AM

Hi, I am moving to rabat next week and would like to rent an appartment in Agdal. Could you please tell me what the price would be for a duration of 2 months (2 or 3 bedrooms)

3 Answers Aug 19, 2013 at 5:48 AM
    • Rabat's Shelter

by Saliha_10 Online Now Mar 10, 2013 at 9:24 AM

What kind of shelter do generally people live in Rabat, Morocco?

1 Answer Sep 8, 2013 at 11:24 PM
    • MarkEStevens's Profile Photo

American Coming to Rabat, Morocco

by MarkEStevens Online Now Oct 13, 2012 at 7:16 AM

I am a English only speaking American considering a 3 month project located in Rabat Morocco. I have read alarming safety postings on the US State Department website, but have read similar postings for other locations in the world that I have worked with no issues, so do not want to rely only on that information.

I would appreciate advise from other expats that have experience working or visiting Morocco regarding safety for Americans working there.

Thank You

8 Answers Mar 18, 2013 at 1:42 PM
    • Jeanlyon's Profile Photo

Train from Casa Port to Rabat

by Jeanlyon Online Now May 8, 2012 at 3:25 AM

Hi, we are visiting Morocco on a cruise ship and would like to go to Rabat on our own. Would anyone advise us not to do this? The train looks good. How far is everywhere to walk once we get off the train?

3 Answers May 27, 2012 at 11:43 AM
    • Day trip

by Lstiles09 Online Now Nov 23, 2011 at 7:57 AM

Where are some good places to go on a day trip from Rabat? I'm interested in going east, or inland from the coast. Thank you!

4 Answers Nov 24, 2011 at 12:14 PM
    • Cost of living in Rabat...

by Markusss Online Now Oct 27, 2010 at 11:12 AM

Hello everybody, I have a specific question about the cost of living in Rabat, well, actually two questions (but might have a few more in some weeks:P): Is it possible to live properly in Rabat with 3,100 US$ per month? That would be (more or less) 24,922 or 25,000 Dirhams.
      My second question is about renting a flat in Rabat (Agdal or Souissi). What can I find if I'm expecting to pay about 800 to 950 USD per month? Can anybody help?
      Thank you guys!

2 Answers Apr 22, 2011 at 3:48 PM
    • Help With Electronics, Please!

by inrabat Online Now Jun 30, 2010 at 8:39 AM

My computer cable has died for my Macbook, and I need to get a new one. No idea where to go,and if at all possible, an english speaking one would be great! If not, I have a french-speaker I can bring along-worst case scenario. Would appreciate ANY help. thanks!

3 Answers Jul 8, 2010 at 2:20 PM
    • Need advice on transportation from Casablanca airport to Rabat

by nboyars Online Now Jun 6, 2010 at 7:15 PM

We are traveling to Morocco October 23 to join an organized tour that will begin at hotel La Tour Hassan. We will be arriving by air at the Casablanca airport. What would be the best way (that is, easiest and most effortless -- we will be tired from the flight) to get from the Casablanca airport to the hotel La Tour Hassan in Rabat? Would the hotel arrange transportation for us? How would we get in touch with the hotel? Their website doesn't seem to be operational

Thanks!

1 Answer Jun 6, 2010 at 7:37 PM
    • Créche / Nursery in Rabat for our baby - Can anyone help?

by juliagg Online Now Apr 14, 2010 at 3:11 PM

Hi, I am moving to Rabat due to a job offer my partner and I have had and wondering if anyone knows of a good Créche / Nursery for our 15 month old girl in the Agdal or Hassan area?

If anyone can help with a name or at least a rough idea of what it can cost monthly I woudl greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
      J

2 Answers Apr 18, 2010 at 4:28 AM
    • antonio1's Profile Photo

The price for fuel since march 2010

by antonio1 Online Now Mar 17, 2010 at 4:56 PM

Can you please help me giving the price for fuel, especially benzin and diesel. What's the price per liter in dirhan and euro?

thank you,

1 Answer Apr 18, 2010 at 2:51 AM
    • antonio1's Profile Photo

Live for a while in Rabat

by antonio1 Online Now Mar 16, 2010 at 9:02 AM

Hi to everybody,

tourist in Rabat or local people. I'd like to know more about Rabat, so I have some questions for this time living in Rabat. How can you rent an appartment for 2 months in Rabat, a small one or studio, something with a room and bathroom and kitchen for cooking? What is average price? Is it possible to find it with internet connection?

Another question is about spending time and money in Rabat, how most tourist are doing, having cash with them or paying by credit card most of the things? Is it any supermarket with posibility to pay by credit card?

Any things about life in Rabat, will help me.

thank you,
      Antonio

2 Answers Apr 18, 2010 at 3:12 AM
    • hshifan's Profile Photo

Train from Casablanca to Rabat

by hshifan Online Now Oct 22, 2009 at 4:45 AM

I would like to know if there is any train from Casablanca to Rabat? how many hours it takes? how often is the train? how much it would cost?

I will be traveling with my wife who is 5 month pregnant and will the train be comfortable for her.

4 Answers Oct 22, 2009 at 3:13 PM
    • hshifan's Profile Photo

Morocco Visa Extension

by hshifan Online Now Oct 21, 2009 at 5:35 AM

I will be coming to Rabat hopefully by Nov-09 for 03 months and would like to know if I can extend my visa after the 03 month period without leaving the country.

4 Answers Oct 22, 2009 at 5:50 AM
    • Deneen1's Profile Photo

flooding in Rabat

by Deneen1 Online Now Sep 16, 2009 at 8:33 AM

I am wondering how extensive the damage is from the flooding in Rabat yesterday? I just saw this on the news. Were there any injuries or fatalities?
      We are due to arrive in Rabat on Sept 24, but we could come back through on our way back to Marrakech if it's not a good idea to arrive then, or even not at all.
      Here most places with a natural disaster do not want tourists in the way.

1 Answer Sep 16, 2009 at 11:31 AM
    • International Research Student

by hogie824 Online Now Mar 28, 2009 at 9:16 AM

Hi,

I would really like to have some advice on living conditions for a student traveling to rabat and living there for a month - I am traveling on a tight budget and am willing to stay very cheap. Rabat will be my homebase city as I conduct my research all across Morocco, and then return to Rabat to compile my information. Any tips are greatly appreciated...

• geojean's Profile Photo

Donations

by geojean Online Now Sep 30, 2008 at 12:20 PM

Hello,

I'm visiting Morocco next year and would like to dontate children's clothing, school supplies etc. to an orpanage or any school that needs them. Can anyone give me any local organizations names thatI can contact and find out what they need. Im visiting the major towns, Marakesh, Rabat, Fes. Thank you for your help

9 Answers Sep 23, 2009 at 10:24 PM
    • Casablanca to Rabat

by donner1947 Online Now Aug 10, 2008 at 6:01 PM

Thanks for the tip on getting from Casablanca to Rabat, especially to pay for First Class seating. Do you know if you can get from the airport to the train station without much difficulty?

1 Answer Aug 11, 2008 at 10:27 AM
    • jayjayc's Profile Photo

Go to Fridays on Friday

by jayjayc Online Now Jul 18, 2008 at 4:15 AM

Can anyone tell me which street TGI Fridays in Rabat is located? I spotted it one time on my way home, and the taxi driver got a tounge twister using english language so, I did not bother to ask.

Please let me know the street name in french, or any landmarks near the resto bar that I could mention to taxi drivers for them to understnd me.

Cheers!

2 Answers Jul 21, 2008 at 3:15 AM
    • Studying Arabic in Morocco?

by Tmac3565 Online Now Mar 24, 2008 at 6:50 PM

I am a college student interested in learning Arabic. By summertime, I will have completed 2 semesters of Arabic. I am extremely interested in continuing my learning of Arabic over the summer, and I was wondering where the best place to learn the language would be. Some things that are of importance to me are: quality of instruction, location of the school, and activities outside of the school. Since I am going alone, I want to study somewhere where I won't feel secluded or outside of society. Also, scenery is of great importance. All things considered, where would you guys recommend studying Arabic? (I want to study for a period of about 2 months...I'm not sure if that changes anything). ( I know I posted this about a month ago in the Sousse and Damascus forum; however, those are no longer options.)

7 Answers Apr 5, 2008 at 12:26 PM
    • Expat Housing/Life with an American Dog in Rabat

by expatlawyer Online Now Jan 7, 2008 at 8:42 AM

We are considering a job posting that would take us to Rabat and wanted to inquire as to the dog-friendliness of this city. We would need a house with a yard. Do expats generally bring dogs to Morocco? Are there places to walk dogs in Rabat? I have read a lot about stray dogs and am worried.

Thanks!!

4 Answers Jun 12, 2008 at 12:33 PM
    • Staying at Riads

by fogcitymom Online Now Dec 10, 2007 at 2:17 PM

Would appreciate information about facilities in Rabat riads: Dar Al Batoul, or Riad Oudaya, or Riad Kasbah...western toilets en suite? showers ensuite? As a traveling grandma with old knees, these are important considerations. Any info greatly appreciated!

2 Answers Dec 11, 2007 at 1:11 AM
    • JJ1's Profile Photo

Can anyone recommend a nice hotel in Rabat

by JJ1 Online Now Dec 1, 2007 at 9:20 AM

I have just one night in Rabat. Can anyone recommend a nice hotel - friendly, clean, central and with character?

Thanks all
      JJ1

5 Answers Dec 9, 2007 at 4:49 PM
    • any one can post some bars and pubs\s information

by chinesemorocco Online Now Nov 12, 2007 at 2:25 AM

i mean the address , bar or pub's name, telephone, |

1 Answer Nov 12, 2007 at 8:04 PM
    • photoangela75's Profile Photo

Currency Exchange Morocco Dirhams

by photoangela75 Online Now Oct 26, 2007 at 2:32 PM

Hi there all....I hope that you can help me out...
      I am going to Morocco here in 3 weeks. I checked through my bank and was suprised by the fee they charged me on the dollar to exchange from American Dollars...to Morocan Dirhams. I just read on the Morocco Embassay Website that there is no commision there in Morocco to exchange my money....is this true?

Would I get the most for my money to do my currency exchange there in Morocco as aposed to at my local bank?

Thanks soooo Much....Angela

5 Answers Oct 27, 2007 at 7:08 AM
    • isabella_alexander's Profile Photo

Moving to Rabat in 2 weeks- HELP!

by isabella_alexander Online Now Sep 10, 2007 at 7:30 AM

I have the choice between staying in either Des Orangers or Oudaya when I arrive in Rabat, but I know absolutely nothing about either town. Could someone please tell me a little about the two places?

Thank you!

2 Answers Oct 31, 2007 at 4:59 AM
    • jayjayc's Profile Photo

do you know?

by jayjayc Online Now Aug 17, 2007 at 12:22 AM

Anyone help regarding which electric voltage does Rabat have? (e.g. 220)

3 Answers Aug 27, 2007 at 2:40 PM
    • isabella_alexander's Profile Photo

Moving to Rabat...

by isabella_alexander Online Now Aug 15, 2007 at 7:49 PM

I am moving to Rabat on October 1, and I am wondering how I should go about finding an apartment there. I will be living in the city for 10 months, and would consider renting either a private studio apartment or a private room in someone's home. Any advice that you may have would be greatly appreciated!

1 Answer Aug 15, 2007 at 8:12 PM
    • liveid78's Profile Photo

any help

by liveid78 Online Now Jun 21, 2007 at 7:12 PM

I am planning to visit Istanbul on July 5th to 8th for the first time

Dubai from July 8th to 13th for second time

Egypt from July 13th to 18th and would live to visit Alexandria what is the best way to get around?

Casablanca July 19th to 24th and would like to get to Rabat and Marabkesh

London for one nite for a stop over on July 4th

I would like to know some reasonable hotels and best way to get around. I would be renting a car in Dubai so should be a problem.