Rabat Travel Answers

change location

Cost of living in Rabat...

by Markusss Online Now Oct 27, 2010 at 11:12 AM

Hello everybody, I have a specific question about the cost of living in Rabat, well, actually two questions (but might have a few more in some weeks:P): Is it possible to live properly in Rabat with 3,100 US$ per month? That would be (more or less) 24,922 or 25,000 Dirhams.
My second question is about renting a flat in Rabat (Agdal or Souissi). What can I find if I'm expecting to pay about 800 to 950 USD per month? Can anybody help?
Thank you guys!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • angiebabe's Profile Photo

Re: Cost of living in Rabat...

by angiebabe Online Now Oct 30, 2010 at 1:07 AM

so after paying 800-900 USD rent you will have2,300 still left over - proportionately you have an enormous amount of money!

Many MOroccans in towns and country areas only earn10 usd a day - youre certainly coming with a step up! Id suggest renting a car whenever you can - but of course you could buy one - the bank would probably give you a loan if you wanted one, you could even get a deposit together and buy a property....! though in one of the more economical areas of Rabat

and with car and the money you have drive around out to see the areas outside of Rabat as much as possible.

Once your accommodation and maybe electricity costs are paid, these will be the highest costs - not sure of the costs to rent in the areas you are asking though, the cost of food and fuel for car is still cheaper in Rabat than what we fork out for.
    consider that one good coffee is1 USD and most places out of Rabat only half that....

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • wildmanhood212's Profile Photo

Re: Cost of living in Rabat...

by wildmanhood212 Online Now Apr 22, 2011 at 3:48 PM

Hi there!
    I am driss from rabat,and would be very glad to be of helpe !
    As for the cost of the rent,you can rent studios in agdal,which is the cleanest area of rabat,it will cost you about 500dh per a night,almost the same price as if in a 3stars hotel!
    I thinkh you will not have any problem at all,3,100 dollars ,this is enough!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Rabat