Rabat Travel Answers

change location
geojean's Profile Photo

Donations

by geojean Online Now Sep 30, 2008 at 12:20 PM

Hello,

I'm visiting Morocco next year and would like to dontate children's clothing, school supplies etc. to an orpanage or any school that needs them. Can anyone give me any local organizations names thatI can contact and find out what they need. Im visiting the major towns, Marakesh, Rabat, Fes. Thank you for your help

Quote & Answer
9 Answers
  • windcity's Profile Photo

Re: Donations

by windcity Online Now Sep 30, 2008 at 4:37 PM

Hi,
    I can not give you specific organisations in the places you are visiting, but if you take a look in any school you will see the poverty, The children will be glad of any thing you have to give them. You can also leave donations at a mosque, let the Imam know that you have clothes for children and they will be distributed.
    You have a good heart, I wish I could be of more help.
    Sue

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Donations

by billmartinvers Online Now Oct 2, 2008 at 3:54 PM

Hi,
    I recently got the website of a local organisation in south Morocco in a place that I often visit.You can have a look at their site and contact them .
    www.associationramlia.org
    take care

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo

by jumpingnorman Online Now Oct 2, 2008 at 4:24 PM

I think it's just great you're helping out and making a difference in the world...good job and will wait for the pictures of those smiling kids in Morocco! :)jumpingnorman

• geojean's Profile Photo

by geojean Online Now Oct 9, 2008 at 8:27 AM

Sue, Thanks for your help, I did this in Peru. Very simple to get donations from friends, I really enjoyed doing it. Yes an organization would be helpful, if you know any names (prefer local) and not big Corporate organizations. Thank you for your help.

by geojean Online Now Oct 9, 2008 at 8:28 AM

Thanks for your response.

by geojean Online Now Oct 9, 2008 at 8:30 AM

Thank you, thats perfect I really wanted a local organization. I did this in Peru, pooled a lot of friends who donated books and school supplies, enjoyed the project. I will look them up. Thanks for the info.

by geojean Online Now Oct 9, 2008 at 8:32 AM

Thanks so much I appreciate the response.

• rabatseagull's Profile Photo

by rabatseagull Online Now Nov 24, 2008 at 9:01 AM

hello,
    My name is Mohamed and i live in Rabat/ Morocco. I came across your ad on here which i found pretty interresting since i do like helmping people and charity works etc. I think i could definately help you out finding orphanages, schools and organizations and associations working in this field. In fact, i have already started a little association with a few other friends a few months ago, and the main goals and causes of our association is to help needy people, kids in crisis, women especially in marginalized and poor areas of the city and around the country. We're planning to start working and the few coming months and as one of the founding member of our association i would be glad to work with you and whoever is interested Moroccans or Americans and hopefully may be start together some ambitious program or so. I know other organizations and associtions and know some really well-deserving needy people which would definately help you out with your good cause. As i stated earlier i would gladly give you my hand and help ypou out in your plan. Me speaking English and arabic would make your way even easier for translation/ interpretation etc something that you would definately need for communication with people etc. My email adress is mohamed_zagouti@yahoo.com

• Re: Donations

by nancysamson Online Now Sep 23, 2009 at 10:24 PM

My daughter will be traveling to Marrakesh in December. She would like to take some school supplies to a Marrakesh school. Did you find a school/organization to take your donations to on your 2008 trip? If you have heard of the 'A Broader View' volunteer organization do you think it would be a good organization for her to contact re donations? Do you know of an American organization that links up travelers and schools/orphanges?

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Rabat