Quito

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Yellow Fever Certificate

by kathwest Online Now Feb 11, 2014 at 5:58 PM

We are flying from Lima to Quito after a 13 day holiday in Peru. We do not have Yellow Fever Certificates. Is that a problem or not?

3 Answers Apr 5, 2014 at 7:29 AM
    • Arriving to Quito airport by night

by LyQuito Online Now Feb 10, 2014 at 3:14 PM

Hello!
      Flights from Montreal to Quito seem to only arrive late at night. What should I do? Is it safe? Is it possible to sleep a couple hours at the airport? Are there hostales close to the airport? Etc.
      Thank you!!

6 Answers Mar 17, 2014 at 1:54 PM
    • lmongov's Profile Photo

furnished apartment for a month

by lmongov Online Now Dec 9, 2013 at 10:03 AM

I am looking for an apartment in Quito for a month beginning December 22? I like quiet, peaceful, clean, safe, and cheap. All help will be appreciated.

• salamq's Profile Photo

Romantic Dinner at Quito - Ecuador.

by salamq Online Now Dec 9, 2013 at 5:27 AM

Hello all; I am planning to visit Quito and Manta - Ecuador for two weeks and would like to know more about the top tourism destinations and some info about restaurants for a romantic dinner. Thank you.

8 Answers Dec 12, 2013 at 9:27 PM
    • katiebeckwith's Profile Photo

Where to Find Molasses

by katiebeckwith Online Now Nov 6, 2013 at 11:35 AM

Anyone know where to find "Melaza" in Quito? I've asked at Supermaxi but they told me to look at where they sell animal feed. In English it is Molasses, and I want some to make recipes that originate from home but can't find it anywhere. Help please!

5 Answers Nov 7, 2013 at 12:14 PM
    • Tour Guide

by cappearl Online Now Nov 1, 2013 at 2:25 PM

Can anyone recommend a tour guide/company ? My husband and I will have 1 1/2 days in Quito in March of 2014 and would like to see as much as possible. Also recommendations for a good hotel in Quito for just two nights. Thank yu

• Sharon's Profile Photo

Vegan Restaurant in Quito (Ecuador)

by Sharon Online Now Oct 22, 2013 at 9:41 AM

Hi Guys,

Has anyone been recently in Quito and knows of a vegan restaurant(S) ?
      I'll appreciate your help !

Thx,
      Sharon

2 Answers Oct 24, 2013 at 1:04 AM
    • Low cost hotels

by interalia Online Now Oct 13, 2013 at 10:15 PM

I would like to know of some quality but lower cost hotels in Quito.

2 Answers Oct 14, 2013 at 8:53 AM
    • Lauren0690's Profile Photo

How to get from Quito to Lima in 8/9 days

by Lauren0690 Online Now Oct 2, 2013 at 12:32 PM

My tour from the Galápagos Islands ends on 21st cot and I have to be in Lima for flight on 30th oct am. Anybody now the best way to utilize the time and get down there, e.g stops to make, transportation for me to take? Any help would be great!!

2 Answers Oct 2, 2013 at 9:40 PM
    • Quito to San Clemente with lots of luggage

by phensica Online Now Sep 18, 2013 at 9:56 PM

Hello, my wife and I along with our 2 children need to get from Quito to San Clemente. The main issue is that we have 7 large suitcases each weighing 50lbs plus 4 small backpacks. I was planning to rent a van or SUV but they charge $500 for 2 days!!! Anyone have a better suggestion?
      Thanks,
      Stephen

1 Answer Sep 20, 2013 at 6:45 AM
    • PaholitaM's Profile Photo

VIAJE A QUITO, PERSONA SOLA

by PaholitaM Online Now Aug 31, 2013 at 8:32 PM

Buenas noches, agradezco me asesores. Viajo el próximo jueves a Quito y regreso a mi ciudad el do,mingo. Me gustaria saber qué hoteles ofrecen un tour a bajo precio pero cómodo pues viajo sola. también recomendaciones sobre cuales zonas evitar y precios en comidas, transporte y alojamiento. También me gustaría conocer gente de otros lugares interactuar y armar plan para recorrer la ciudad. Agradezco la pronta respuesta.

4 Answers Sep 20, 2013 at 6:54 AM
    • Safest Hostel with Parking

by acooper89 Online Now Aug 12, 2013 at 12:45 PM

I would just like to know where I can find the safest place to leave my car as I'm driving into Quito from Ibarra and will need to find a place preferably near the Guayasamin Museum or Old City or the Basilica del Voto Nacional.
      Any tips and knowledge about avoiding robbery/crime zones etc would be awesome!

Thanks a lot!

Aaron

• silver

by playsomo Online Now Jul 11, 2013 at 4:49 AM

is silver a good bargin in ecuador

3 Answers Jul 12, 2013 at 5:28 AM
    • What more to do?

by n1c099 Online Now Jul 7, 2013 at 4:51 PM

I have been traveling to Ecuador every year to visit family and vice-versa. However, I am now stuck in Quito with nothing to do for a few days. Anybody have any ideas for one day trips? By the way, I'm looking for something a little off the beaten path or adventurous. Thanks!

4 Answers Jul 10, 2013 at 11:53 AM
    • Fluffy_bunny's Profile Photo

Name of the church

by Fluffy_bunny Online Now Jun 12, 2013 at 9:29 AM

There is a small church/chapel on the top of the teleferico in Quito. What is its name? 

9 Answers Jul 7, 2013 at 4:55 PM
    • jadedmuse's Profile Photo

2 Days in Quito - with an 8 year old

by jadedmuse Online Now Jun 5, 2013 at 7:18 AM

Hola - we'll be in Quito for 2 full days (Monday and Tuesday, Jun 24/25) leaving for the Galapagos on Wed, June 26th. Any suggestions for family activities during these two days? Assuming we'll try the Mitad del Mundo and ride the teleferico; any other ideas that are child-friendly? I love museums, but don't really see spending half a day at one with an antsy 8 year old. Just looking for some ideas....Gracias! (p.s. we'll be staying at Casa San Marcos)

3 Answers Jun 12, 2013 at 7:22 AM
    • Transportation options to and from Quito

by Cprieve Online Now May 16, 2013 at 9:39 AM

We are planning to visit Tena this June (2013) and need to discover what transportation options are available to and from Quito and Tena. Is there a reliable bus route / company that runs to Tena? Do we need a private car or taxi? Is the train another option, or other shuttle vans, etc..? How do we hire a car or taxi or find out info about the bus or train service? Thanks. I would appreciate your time and guidance.

2 Answers Jun 9, 2013 at 2:58 PM
    • MargaretL12's Profile Photo

Bus to new airport

by MargaretL12 Online Now Mar 22, 2013 at 11:28 AM

From Terminal Quitumbe in Quito, Ecuador what bus do I take to the new airport? Will there be room for my suitcase. I have heard that it is a 2 to 3 hour trip to the new airport, but can't afford a taxi.

9 Answers Jun 9, 2013 at 2:58 PM
    • Labor day (May 1) in Quito

by mikymiky Online Now Feb 28, 2013 at 1:22 AM

I will be traveling in Quito on May 1st/labor day. I saw some info stating all the workers will take the day off from work. So does that mean all the businesses incl restaurants will be closed? Any suggestions on what to do that day? Thanks!

4 Answers Mar 14, 2013 at 12:36 PM
    • roamer61's Profile Photo

2 Questions on Quito

by roamer61 Online Now Feb 8, 2013 at 6:05 AM

1. Best flight schedule from NY Area?
      2. How many days are suggested?

23 Answers Jun 9, 2013 at 2:58 PM
    • lynchlarrym's Profile Photo

Teaching English while traveling in Ecuador

by lynchlarrym Online Now Feb 3, 2013 at 7:47 PM

Does anyone have any information on English teaching in Quito or other locations around Ecuador? I plan extensive travel around the country and am thinking to help fund my travels around the country by teaching. I do have English teaching credentials which I hope will help. Any helpful feedback would be sincerely appreciated. As would any additional suggestions. Thanks.

3 Answers Mar 14, 2013 at 2:37 PM
    • Electrical Plugs

by gerdbad Online Now Nov 21, 2012 at 2:37 PM

I am heading to Quito next week and I was wondering if I need any electrical adapters to take with me or Ecuador electrical system is same as US?

Many thanks

3 Answers Mar 22, 2013 at 1:06 PM
    • HasTowelWillTravel's Profile Photo

Inexpensive lodging

by HasTowelWillTravel Online Now Nov 3, 2012 at 8:56 PM

I'm completing a small research project in Quito at the Universidad de las Americas in January, and am looking for inexpensive accommodations that are within walking (or a short bus ride) from the university. I've heard about Traveler's Inn which seemed nice, but would love recommendations from others who have been through the area.

Thanks in advance!

4 Answers Dec 11, 2012 at 6:38 PM
    • Help for local computer repair

by jezbel Online Now Sep 21, 2012 at 3:53 PM

I have a child in Quito as part of his college major in the USA. His new ASUS computer died. They will not let him ship it home nor allow me to send a used computer as replacement, through the mail due to safety concerns.
      Does anyone know a computer repair store or an electronics store in Quito?
      He'll need his computer to write his papers and get his courses online. His "home family" does not own a computer and has not been able to assist.

5 Answers Sep 22, 2012 at 12:42 AM
    • Galapagos Islands Cruises/Tours

by cappearl Online Now Aug 23, 2012 at 1:32 PM

Has anyone heard of Haugan Cruises ? ? Good or Bad experiences ? ? We are looking for a reputable/reasonable cruise in the Galapagos Islands ? ? Would prefer something longer then just the 7 or 8 days cruise ... as we would like to see and visit as many islands and sites as possible.... Any suggestions ? ? Thank you....

3 Answers Aug 24, 2012 at 7:46 AM
    • Advice on very busy itinerary, starting from Quito

by g_selosa Online Now Apr 10, 2012 at 7:14 PM

Hi gang!

So I've sorted out the whole Galapagos and Amazon tour, now I really wanna pin down the other stuff before we start those tours! I need everybody's opinion on this itinerary:

April 18 - arrive at 6:30pm, get settled in a hostel/hotel somewhere, have dinner (where?)
      19 - One day tour to Laguna Quilotoa
      20 - Get to Banos somehow and stay the night?
      21 - get back to Quito and take a flight from Quito - Guayaquil and head over to Montanita (how?), partayy
      22 - Relax and chill, go back to guayaquil and stay the night there
      23 - fly out to Isla Baltra
      23-29 - Galapagos tour
      29 - Back in Quito
      30 - May 3 - Amazon tour
      May 3 - back in Quito, maybe go to Mindo for the day?
      4 - day tour to Mitad del Mundo and Museo de Sitio Intinan
      5 - leave Ecuador :(

It sounds incredibly busy but I really wanted to visit Laguna Quilotoa (is it really the most breathtaking sight? I did an alpine hike in NZ and the emerald lakes were stunning there) AND Banos (spa-feel, tempting fate by being so close to Volcan Tungurahua) AND chill out in Montanita for the weekend. When we finish our galapagos/amazon tours we have a day and a half left for Mitad del Mundo (gotta have that picture ya know) and the real equator line in Museo de Sitio Intinan. Is Mindo too far then? Is this itinerary completely crazy? Any advice and recommendations very much appreciated!

3 Answers Apr 13, 2012 at 10:06 PM
    • Summiting Cotopaxi

by jmdirico Online Now Apr 6, 2012 at 5:46 AM

Hello!

I am looking for someone who would like to summit Cotopaxi with me tomorrow.

The total cost is222 and includes all expenses (transport from Quito, lodging, cold weather and mountaineering gear. You only need a camera!

Thanks,

John

PS - more info about Cotopaxi :en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cotopa...

2 Answers Apr 6, 2012 at 8:00 PM
    • Small plane charter

by scwhiteley Online Now Feb 16, 2012 at 2:06 PM

I'm flying into Quito with two other people on a Sunday and am trying to get to Esmeraldas. It doesn't appear that there are any commercial flights available until the following tuesday. Does anyone have any knowledge or info regarding chartering a small plane to fly on a Monday? All of the searches I have done on the internet have found only large commercial charters.

Thanks for any info you might have!
      -Chad

1 Answer Feb 16, 2012 at 4:02 PM
    • Baggage storage at Quito airport?

by ticelis Online Now Jan 29, 2012 at 7:06 AM

Hello everybody,

during our trip to Sth America we are visiting the Galapagos islands for a couple of days. We certainly do not need all of aur luggage over there.
      Does anybody have an experience about luggage storage in Quito(perhaps at he airport)?
      Tks in advance
      Reinhard Brandt

2 Answers Jan 29, 2012 at 12:16 PM
    • Good Neighbourhood for Living with children in Quito

by eminita Online Now Jan 12, 2012 at 12:05 PM

Hi! In two months my husband, I and our 5 year old daughter are moving to Quito for a couple of months. At the moment we are considering the possible neighbourhoods we could search for an apartment. We would like to stay in a neighbourhood with some facilities like a close supermarket, market, kindergarden, children´s playground, park, public transport as we don´t drive. We would also prefer some safer and quieter place and neither very expensive nor very cheap, somewhere in between. Would anyone give us some useful advice?
      Thanks a lot
      Eminita

1 Answer Jul 28, 2012 at 8:10 PM