Quito Travel Answers

change location
lynchlarrym's Profile Photo

Teaching English while traveling in Ecuador

by lynchlarrym Online Now Feb 3, 2013 at 7:47 PM

Does anyone have any information on English teaching in Quito or other locations around Ecuador? I plan extensive travel around the country and am thinking to help fund my travels around the country by teaching. I do have English teaching credentials which I hope will help. Any helpful feedback would be sincerely appreciated. As would any additional suggestions. Thanks.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • monicarc's Profile Photo

Re: Teaching English while traveling in Ecuador

by monicarc Online Now Feb 3, 2013 at 8:20 PM

I don't know anything about teaching English in Ecuador in particular, but I was recently in panama and our tour guide said Ecuador is very scary and dangerous right now. Don't know I'd he was exaggerating or not....,

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • GrumpyDiver's Profile Photo

by GrumpyDiver Online Now Feb 6, 2013 at 2:18 AM

You need a work permit to work in pretty well any country, and getting one without having a job waiting for you before you arrive is not going to happen. Trying to work without one can cause serious legal issues.

• BBBluePacific's Profile Photo

by BBBluePacific Online Now Mar 14, 2013 at 2:37 PM

Hi, Quito is a wonderfull and safe place to work also has lots of opportunity teaching english here, all you need is a work permit, many schools and english institutes will help you to obtain work papers; my advice place a newspaper add like el comercio you will get back lots of responds . . . good luck

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines