Quito Travel Answers

change location

Small plane charter

by scwhiteley Online Now Feb 16, 2012 at 2:06 PM

I'm flying into Quito with two other people on a Sunday and am trying to get to Esmeraldas. It doesn't appear that there are any commercial flights available until the following tuesday. Does anyone have any knowledge or info regarding chartering a small plane to fly on a Monday? All of the searches I have done on the internet have found only large commercial charters.

Thanks for any info you might have!
-Chad

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Odinnthor's Profile Photo

Re: Small plane charter

by Odinnthor Online Now Feb 16, 2012 at 4:02 PM

Not easy to find on the net, but there will be plenty to choose from once you are in Quito. I know that you would rather get this done prior to departure. The smallest I found with just a preliminary search was a King 90 turbo prop that seats six. Quite expensive too.

Best bet, would be to find a few local Ecuador tour operators, that also do private tours by design, and contact them with your request. They should not have a problem with it.

I have, as a tour director, had to conjour up a small plane in various destinations around the globe, but that usually was do to some event happening on my tours and needed immediate attention. I always prevailed, but that was due to being on the ground where I needed the plane.

inquito.com/travelagencies.h...

Operators like Islazul will have access to a directory of small plane charter availability.

http://www.ecuador-travel.net/tour.htm

You can also try to insert names like Cessna and Piper, into google search of Quito air charter and see if anything comes up.......good luck and I hope this helped a bit.....d:o)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines