Quito Travel Answers

change location

Good Neighbourhood for Living with children in Quito

by eminita Online Now Jan 12, 2012 at 12:05 PM

Hi! In two months my husband, I and our 5 year old daughter are moving to Quito for a couple of months. At the moment we are considering the possible neighbourhoods we could search for an apartment. We would like to stay in a neighbourhood with some facilities like a close supermarket, market, kindergarden, children´s playground, park, public transport as we don´t drive. We would also prefer some safer and quieter place and neither very expensive nor very cheap, somewhere in between. Would anyone give us some useful advice?
Thanks a lot
Eminita

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Re: Good Neighbourhood for Living with children in Quito

by Gucciilove Online Now Jul 28, 2012 at 8:10 PM

Hello,

I too am looking to relocate with my 5yr old daughter to meet with her father in Quito. He was deported back there although he has been in the US for over 25yrs... Just wondering if you are out there yet? What have you learned? Schools for your daughter? Where did you end up choosing to stay? I will be coming from Boston Massachusetts...probably within the next few months. I will first visit myself and then second bring our daughter. Then make the big move sometime in the summertime over here where children are done with school.. Big change for me and I'm trying to gather as much info as possible for us. And where did you travel from originally?

Please email me personally at gucciilove@aol.com

I hope to hear back from you!
    Lauren

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines