Quito Travel Answers

change location
IsabelBalboa's Profile Photo

Which way from Quito - north or south?

by IsabelBalboa Online Now Feb 1, 2010 at 3:14 PM

Hi there, i'd very much appreciate your help...which area is prettier, from Quito north to Otavalo or from Quito south to Volcan Corazon/Aloag? we are thinking of staying at either Hacienda La Alegria or Hacienda Cusin. We'd like to horseback ride but also hike and enjoy other activities. We will be traveling with a 7 year old. thank you!

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • gatt85's Profile Photo

Re: Which way from Quito - north or south?

by gatt85 Online Now Feb 22, 2010 at 2:34 PM

i hope this will be not so late, but i just read this post today.

The best choice is Cusin hacienda wich is close to Otavalo, on that area you can go to Cotacachi and the Cuicocha crater lake where you can make a hike around the crater.

Also you can check the porvenir hacienda, is close to Cotopaxi National Park and over ther you can make the hike to the Cotopaxi, horseback ride, enjoy the traditional hacienda from the andes. Here you can find more information about this hacienda: www.tierradelvolcan.com/Ingles/fvolcano_ing.htm

www.vivatravelguides.com/south-america/ecuador/andean-highlands/central-highlands/central-andes-hotels/hacienda-el-porvenir/

Also if you may need information this guys help my friends during they trip on ecuador to plan their trip on: www.ectravel.com.ec

hope this will help you

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines