change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Public Transportation from Downtown Port Orchard

Port Orchard Jul 21, 2015 at 10:32 PM

Hello,
      Any bus transportation from Port Orchard Ferry Pear to 4403 gregory Lane E. please ?
      Di-o I have to take a taxi?
      Thanks

more
    • Mix of car camping & backcountry - suggested spots?

Olympic National Park Jul 16, 2015 at 8:33 AM

Hi there! My husband and I will be spending about a week in Olympic National Park at the end of July/beginning of August. We are experienced car campers but would like to try to do at least a night or two in the backcountry this trip, so we're reading up and stocking up on backpacking essentials.

Our tentative plan is to drive first to the coast and spend a few nights beach camping (Mora/Rialto area, most likely), then drive inland for the remainder of our trip. We are thinking about parking at Graves Creek and spending a night there, then hiking in and spending at least a night or two backcountry two and from Enchanted Valley, or perhaps a bit beyond. To anyone who knows, does that sound like a good plan? Anything we might not know that we should? (We know about the ban on backcountry fires, and about bear canisters, etc.)

From there, we have two or three days before or after to play with. Any other campground recommendations we should definitely visit, if we'd like to see some of the park's great stuff but also avoid driving too much or trying to squeeze too much in? Should we keep the Quinalt area / Graves Creek as our home base, or should we venture around to other spots?

Also, I know that the frontcountry campsites are first-come first-serve. Any advice on how early you really have to get there, or what to do if a site is full?

Thanks for your help!!

more
    • Trip to Ocean Shores

Ocean Shores Jul 16, 2015 at 10:29 PM

Am planning a day trip from Olympia to Ocean Shores on Sunday the 19th. I did locate an Interpretive Center and Museum at Ocean Shores. Am wondering if there are any interesting points of interest that are 'inexpensive or free' to see along the way. Thanks, Rose

more
    • 6 nights in ONP

Olympic National Park Jul 15, 2015 at 2:40 PM

Staying 6 nights, was thinking "2" in each of Lake Crescent Lodge, Quinault Lodge and 2 in SOl duc resort.
      Coming from Seattle airport 9-23 Is this too much time at the resorts? Plan on doing alot of hiking.
      Thank You.

more
    • JimC71's Profile Photo

Best crab legs

Seattle Jul 6, 2015 at 11:35 AM

Visiting Seattle end of the month. Want to bring my daughter for some really great crab legs. Would like a place locals would go if they were bringing family. I see a ton of places on Yelp, would really like something of a shack where we could just buy crab legs without actually having to sit down at a restaurant for a full meal. Looking forward to the feedback and recommendations!

more
    • Things to do?

Port Angeles Jul 29, 2015 at 7:43 AM

My GF and I will be visiting Port Angeles and we have the entire day of Oct 31st to explore. can you suggest any activities that can get us the most bang for the buck so to speak? We love the outdoors and experiencing nature in raw form. We are interested in seeing the Olympic NP and hopefully some waterfalls. Any suggestions?

more
    • A Trip Plan for Washington (From Seattle to San Francisco)

Washington State Jul 24, 2015 at 7:16 AM

Hello,

We planning to travel on July 2016, from Seattle to San Francisco. Here is our plan. Can you please give us some advice regarding our plan? Is out trip reasonble regrading distances. Recommendations about sleeping places (and locations) are more than welcome.

Day 1: Land at Seattle (afternoon)

Day 2: Seattle, sleep at Seattle

Day 3: Seattle, sleep at Packwood

Day 4: Mount Rainier. Sleep at Port Townsend

Day 5: Olympic National Park (North area):

Port Townsend, Hurricane Ridge, Lake Crescent, sleep in Forks

Day 6:    rialto beach ,Hoh Rain Forest, Ruby Beach, Sleep in Westport

Day 7: Astoria, Portland, sleep in Portland

Day 8: Portland, sleep in Portland

Day 9: Woodburn Premium Outlets, Evergreen Aviation & Space Museum, Lincoln City, Sleep in Depot Bay/Lincoln City

Day 10: Wheel Sale at Depot Bay, Newport,  Cape Perpetua , sleep at Cape Perpetua

Day 11: Road 138 to Creator Lake, Tokeete Water Falls, Clearwater Water Falls, Crater Lake, sleep at Shady Cove.

Day 12: Jacksonville, Yreka, Mount Shasta, McCloud Falls, sleep near Lassen.

Day 13: Lassen Volcanic National Park, Lake Tahoe

Day 14-16: Yosemite National Park

Day 17: Muir Woods?

Day 18: San Francisco – Golden Gate Park, Sausalito.

Day 19: Morning: San Francisco. Afternoon: Flying back home.

Thank you very much.

more