Travel Answers
Quilpué

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Ferrocarril Tacna-Arica train timetable (Ferrocarril Tacna-Arica calendario)

Arica Mar 31, 2015 at 5:38 PM

Hi everyone.

I plan to take this train from Arica (Chile) to Tacna (Peru).

Is this train route still in operation? If so, what is the timetable?

Thanks,

more
    • Fonfon's Profile Photo

Punta Arenas to Calama same day (or the other way around)

Chile Apr 4, 2015 at 2:26 PM

I am planning a trip to Chile in February 2016 that will include a week in Patagonia (TdP) and another one in Atacama.
      I am wondering if it is possible to fly from Punta Arenas to Calama within the same day (with a stop in Santiago) or the other way around from Calama to PA. Depending on feasibility we may decide to start in the North or South.
      Any idea ? Thanks

more
    • rodrigopintosp's Profile Photo

Atacama with a 2-year-old toddler

San Pedro de Atacama Apr 15, 2015 at 3:27 PM

Does anyone who's been there strongly discourages bringing a 22-months-old toddler to San Pedro de Atacama? Apart from some full day tours and the early morning starter Tatio Geysers, are there any other must-see attraction we might miss?

Does anybody have a recommendation of family-friendly, intermediate / boutique, not too expensive hotel in San Pedro?

Any comments comparing taking a tour / self-driving with a rental car? Are the attractions accessible at all with a regular car?

Any comments and tips will be highly appreciated. Gracias!

more
    • 124ellsa's Profile Photo

Cooking class

Santiago Apr 22, 2015 at 7:12 PM

Will like to take a cooking class when I am in Santiago Chile any advice?

more
    • What must-see hiking is well marked and good for a self-guided trip

Torres del Paine Apr 12, 2015 at 5:14 PM

We are visiting Torres Del Paine in late December 2015 - we are a family of three all nature lovers, hikers and campers.
      My husband cannot carry a backpack right now, so we are basing ourselves from Las Torres Hotel and want to hike and see the most beautiful spots in the area.

I think we need a car since we are not buying all-inclusive, and we need some local input about how far hiking trails are and how well marked they are. We can do some excursions with the hotel, but we don't want to be on the schedule and pay all the extra. We have travelled to many and stayed in many US National parks - this is our first trip to Patagonia.

We'd love feedback from anyone who has travelled this way. Ideally we would do the W circuit, but we want to sleep inside on a bed this trip because we are travelling to far to get there (we live in USA - CAlifornia).

THanks for any ideas about what we should see and what is easy to see on your own vs what might be worth doing with a guide. Also reality check on car for getting around and gas situation.

THank you!

more