Quezon City Travel Answers

change location
shaira01's Profile Photo

need place to stay near UP Diliman??

by shaira01 Online Now May 29, 2006 at 12:29 AM

i need a place to stay in QC, good if near UP Diliman cuz i will be studying there. budget is around 4k. should be safe. walking distance to mini-groceries, laundry shops and computer shops.preferably accessible.. :)

please help. thanks!

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • asianbelle's Profile Photo

RE: need place to stay near UP Diliman??

by asianbelle Online Now May 29, 2006 at 12:34 AM

UP Diliman has its in-campus dorm. Alternatively, there are dorms and apartment units within UP Village or Teachers Village that you can rent. I could ask my friend who stays at the latter. Will email you tom her reply.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • dindo_m's Profile Photo

RE: RE: need place to stay near UP Diliman??

by dindo_m Online Now May 29, 2006 at 9:14 AM

my take would be for you to stay at any of the UP Dormitories (there are 10 or 11). cheap and quite a place to bond and grow with fellow maroons of all kinds. most convenient too. plus you'd be surprised later in your life that a room mate or dorm mate is already a politician, a movie director, a CEO CFO CIO etc, a presidential appointee, or just plain and simple "in-jail" hehehe!

the dorms have their unique informal domains (i.e., Kalayaan for freshmen, Molave & Yakal for non-freshmen, Ilang-ilang all girls, Ipil graduate studes, International Center (IC) for foreign studes where only 60% can be for pinoys, etc etc. Dad being an alumni, dunked me at Narra (boys only and probably the oldest of dorms) virtually my entire college life and am thankful he did so!

oh! campus is generally safe, save for frat rumbles from time to time. "walking distance" is relative as you could actually fun-walk with your mates to as far as aurora boulevard or quezon memorial circle if you need to :D! but the Ikot and Toki jeeps abound! laundries are cheaper with the manangs who visit the dorms to gather them from you as often as you want them to!

enjoy!

• monina_c's Profile Photo

RE: RE: need place to stay near UP Diliman??

by monina_c Online Now May 29, 2006 at 5:45 PM

to add to dindo's input, food is not a problem in up-d. most colleges have their own "carinderias" at the back of the bldg/parking lots. manangs and manongs set up tables and do brisk business with their breakfast- and lunch-in-a-bag w/c you can get for a minimal PhP. you just need to line up early. give yourself time to get to know some "oldies" so you'll know where to go for the best ihaw-ihaw,squid/fish balls, halo-halo, etc.

but do be careful and watchful when you take the ikot-toki jeepney my friend got her purse snatched as she was alighting near the college of law.

• shaira01's Profile Photo

RE: need place to stay near UP Diliman??

by shaira01 Online Now May 31, 2006 at 11:16 PM

thanks asianbelle! i will be more than glad to wait for any details your friend might suggest. you may post the details here since i will be visiting the site regularly. or you may text me at 09189419035.

to dindo & monina, thanks! i guess i will be enjoying my stay there. :)

if there are any other details, please inform me. thanks a lot!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Quezon City Travel Answer Locations