Quezon City Travel Answers

change location
santeria01's Profile Photo

Restaurants in QC

by santeria01 Online Now Feb 18, 2006 at 7:13 AM

Anyone knows of any restaurant with romantic ambiance? With candle lights and long table cloths? :-)

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • dindo_m's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Restaurants in QC

by dindo_m Online Now Feb 27, 2006 at 8:34 AM

GO TO MANILA!!

hehehe just joking...

lack of response from anyone on VT to your simple question only seems to suggest its really hard to match your requirement with any place in this godforsaken city hehehe! your foe here are the crowds. many places could fit your requirements but when the crowds pour in, they become like "fastfoods"!

but i luv QC, so let me try my best...

off the crowded places, there's a resto (forgot the name) at the "Bahay Ng Alumni" inside UP Diliman. Never gets too crowded (which is bad for business) and I hope it still is alive! Music in the early evenings is/was courtesy of UP College of Music students. Very soothing really!

If that's not for you, try Chateu Verde also inside the campus (but a little bit on the secluded part). The place seems to be picking up so choose a weekday when it will probably be less crowded.

Try this link:
    clickthecity.com/cityzones/?...

Not really too comfortable talkin to you about this topic as this should be a "men-only" thing. I wonder what you're up to!

Anyway pare hehehe, let me challenge you to get creative. Why not talk to the crews of nearby restaurants and have them set-up that tone and mood for you at, say, UP's Sunken Garden or The Lagoon. Perhaps you can even do that at the Ateneo's Bellarmine Field! Which gives you a clue that many a school's open-spaces are really romantic (even dramatic) for a special dinner! And you must do that on a full-moon summer-night, k?!

You can even do that in the middle of ULTRA! Oops, since I veered southwards and beyond QC, you may want to check out the Via Mare Restaurant at the Tektite's penthouse (i hope they're still up there cuz they just shamefully folded from Eastwood)!

When all else seem too tedious fer ya, try the Serendipity Lounge atop Discovery Suites! At least, all you have to do is reserve for a "window-side" table and everything else is already available (i.e., candle-light, menu, ambiance, sounds). Avoid this place though if only your partner (and not you!) loves billiards cuz there is that very inviting pool table just nearby! But if you catch a night with those acoustic singers, the romance will surely fire up with the pool-table forgotten!

Good luck!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: Restaurants in QC

by jocular Online Now Dec 14, 2006 at 7:52 AM

The closest I can think of good date restaurant would be Uno on Sct. Fuentebella (near Morato) or Katre'. Not much on ambience but at least food and service is good. Another a bit out of the ordinary would be Gullivers Steak House at the 10th floor of the Great Eastern Hotel (beside Aberdeen Court on Quezon Ave.). High ceiling, panoramic view (although QA is not much to look at), meal is quite pricey but good food. My personal favorite, although not of the white linen variety, would be Taste of LA on Roces Ave near corner of Morato. I don't know why but I just love the overall feel of this place.

• santeria01's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Restaurants in QC

by santeria01 Online Now Feb 15, 2007 at 2:14 AM

oh wow. thanks so much for the help, Dindo and Jocular!

Cheers!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines