Querétaro Travel Answers

change location

lucha libre in Querétaro

by Zaymes Online Now Aug 30, 2012 at 4:14 AM

Hi there,
Mys husband and I will be in the Querétaro area second week of September, hubby really wants to watch a lucha libre match/game.
Any advice on where to go?

thanks

Dorothee

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • melosh's Profile Photo

Re: lucha libre in Querétaro

by melosh Online Now Aug 31, 2012 at 6:34 AM

I can not give you much advice beyond what I can find on the internet, but wanted to encourage you to try because I once went to a show in Guadalajara and remember enjoying it as a great cross-cultural experience.

I found that there are two arenas in Queretaro (Lucha Libre Arena on Calle Felipe Angeles, and Auditorio Jose Arteaga that features AAA Lucha Libre). I did not find any schedule but there was evidence of shows during 2012. The latest in August. On one site I saw mention of "traditional Friday lucha libre". Perhaps this means that there is a regular show on Fridays. I saw some entrance prices for shows ranging from 300 pesos for first row to 120 peso for general admission.

PS: You might want to try to pickup a poster as a souvenir. They tend to be pretty colorful. Just ask a merchant if you can have one he has in his window.

I think you will just have to go and look out for posters announcing shows and ask your hotel.
    Good luck.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines