Querétaro Travel Answers

change location

healing waters in Tlacote

by aznerol Online Now Jan 18, 2006 at 9:55 PM

I'm planning a trip soon to Queretaro,Mexico.
Are there any tours from hotels(close to airport)in Queretaro to the
healing waters on the ranch of Senor Jesus Chahin in the village of
Tlacote?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • alfredop's Profile Photo

RE: healing waters in Tlacote

by alfredop Online Now Jan 22, 2006 at 11:57 AM

charlatanes.blogspot.com/200...

The above link tells a little bit of history on the Tlacote healing water fraud. I remember myself being there when I was around 12 years old, hiring people to get on the line for up to 3 days as my mother was diagnosed with cancer. My mother, being a chemical engineer analyzed the water and it wasn't anything different from any other water. Mr. Chain was a reknowned millionaire as he "invented" a cure during the 70s decade to cure cancer which was afterwards decredited as it never proved to be real.

Tlacote is 15 minutes away from Queretaro's downtown and any taxi can take you there, there are obviously no available tours and the ranch is now closed.

There are 2 different brands of bottled still water called Tlacote that are no different from any other brand such as Nestle, only that they use the name as a spin off from that big fraud.

If you are asking about the airport you should also be aware that if flying you'll probably be arriving to Mexico City which is 2 hours away from Queretaro unless you fly through Houston by Delta arriving to the new airport, located in Ezequiel Montes, about 30 to 40 minutes away from Queretaro. There are no nearby hotels to the airport and you'll need to drive or take a taxi to Queretaro.

Good Luck.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: RE: healing waters in Tlacote

by cognitive Online Now Jan 5, 2007 at 2:27 PM

I was a year ago that you wrote your response and I am hoping that I can contact you regarding the healing waters in Tlacote. You state that the ranch is now closed. What puzzles me is why so many reported miricles who had nothing to gain for such claims. As I understand it Mr. Chahin never charged for the water and thus what motive did he have for making up stories about the water?

I am a researcher and wanted to conduct some studies on the water as to what changes medicine can document are taking place metabolically if any as a result of ingesting the water. Do you know how I might be able to contact Mr. Chahin or do you know someone who might have that information?

Thank you for your time,

Dr. Spencer
    healthdoc@worldnet.att.net

• alfredop's Profile Photo

RE: RE: healing waters in Tlacote

by alfredop Online Now Jan 6, 2007 at 8:09 PM

Hello, Unfortunately Mr. Jesus Chahin Simon died on 2004 from a long time cancer he never healed with this miracle water.

Several universities and investigation centers studied the water and they concluded it was normal water, no particular properties.

The business was not the water but the medical advice a group of hired physicians gave at that time and if you consider that in some days more than 10,000 people used to visit the ranch, that was a very good business.

After the ranch closed to the public the water was commercialized in bottles in Queretaro, so that was another good business.

Sorry, but there are no more available details. I found this article supporting the healing water theory but there are no foundations to that...

share-international.org/arch...

Let me know if you find something else.

Alfredo
    alfredop@queretaro.com

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines