Querétaro Travel Answers

change location

language

by iloveqtro Online Now Jul 19, 2005 at 9:05 PM

I Know no spanish at all. Does Queretaro speak mostly spanish or are there places where i can go and they will understand what i am saying?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • MonoBichi's Profile Photo

RE: language

by MonoBichi Online Now Jul 19, 2005 at 10:01 PM

There is almost no major city in Mexico where there are not restaurants and hotels where people speak English. Most studends speak English. You will be OK.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • gomexico's Profile Photo

RE: language

by gomexico Online Now Jul 20, 2005 at 6:34 AM

It'll likely be a bit of a struggle, but with a bit of effort you'll get by. There are a good number of foreigners living in Queretaro, but English is still not that widely spoken, IMO. While students supposedly study English in school, the quality of that program is very poor (from what I've experienced). My suggestion is that you get yourself a Spanish phrasebook and practice some of the key words/phrases - it'll help you out. While communicating may be a bit frustrating at times, one of the good things about travel (as I see it) is confronting the challenges, and successfully navigating those situations. Enjoy the trip, Queretaro's a nice place to visit!

• alfredop's Profile Photo

RE: RE: language

by alfredop Online Now Jul 20, 2005 at 8:00 PM

GoMexico is right. No waiters at a restaurant will speak English, at a hotel maybe the manager and a couple of staff personnel will. At the streets few people will. People is open and as Carlos N'Charlies states: "I speak no English but I promise not to laugh at your Spanish", that is true, just go for it.

Enjoy and if you need anything, let me know, I live in Queretaro.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines