Querétaro Travel Answers

change location

guide and driver

by WLH Online Now Feb 27, 2005 at 9:08 PM

My husband and I will be in Queretaro in March to look into the possibility of moving there. We are looking for an English speaking guide with car to show us some neighborhoods. Any recommemdations would be appreciated. Also, we're looking for advice on what areas to look in -- we aren't looking for an exclusive ex-pat/American enclave...just a nice, moderate, safe neighborhood.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • gomexico's Profile Photo

RE: guide and driver

by gomexico Online Now Feb 28, 2005 at 7:43 AM

I like Queretaro . . . it's large enough to offer a wide-range of cultural/lifestyle choices but not too large to be overwhelming or uncomfortable, I hope that you enjoy it, too.

About cars and drivers, I have no personal recommendations . . . I've never done that in QRO. However, what I have done in other cities when the need arose was to ask for a recommendation at the hotel I was staying. Depending upon the type/size of hotel you'll be basing yourself at, there may be private cars in a "Cab Stand" arrangement at the hotel which will be available for hire . . . just specify that you want someone who can converse in English (speak with the driver a bit before making your decision).

A source of information that might be of help is the "Newcomer's Club of Queretaro." The organization provides a wide range of services for relocating foreigners and you can e-mail them to see what they recommend. The organization, also offers lots of information that you'll likely find helpful if you're going to transition into that area to live. The organization has it's own website, which you can view by copying and pasting the following into the "address" bar on your computer: http://www.incqro.org/

Best of luck!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: RE: guide and driver

by WLH Online Now Feb 28, 2005 at 6:48 PM

Great advice - thank you! I will definately look into that.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines