Querétaro Travel Answers

change location

year long housing or housing exchange in querétaro

by richardrjs Online Now May 23, 2004 at 9:39 PM

I hope to be living in querétaro for a year with my family (wife and daughter) to teach. I am looking for a house or apartment (3 bdr). I could exchange a 3 bdr house in berkeley california (8 miles from san francisco) or need to rent relatively cheaply. any ideas on how to do this would be appreciated (august, 2004-july 2005).

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • alfredop's Profile Photo

Re: Re: year long housing or housing exchange in quer?taro

by alfredop Online Now May 25, 2004 at 12:46 PM

I live in Queretaro. The price will vary depending on what you call "relatively cheap". That would go from USD$300 for a flat in a nice place and up to USD$800 for a three bedroom house with place for one car. Or even more depending on what you want. Take a look at this: foros.directorio.com.mx/6/ub... and http://209.15.138.224/inmomex/b_queretaro.htm for contacts.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: year long housing or housing exchange in querétaro

by tatox Online Now May 26, 2004 at 2:03 PM

Unfortunately, the demand for housing is at its peak in August. My suggestion is to stay in a hotel for a few days and look at he ads in the local papers. There are some really nice neighborhoods where you can find nice houses at a reasonable price US$ 800). The areas where most Americans live are: Jurica and Juriquilla. However, there are some "local" neighborhoods that are very nice, such as Carretas. Another area, although more modest is Tejeda; housing should be cheaper and it is OK

• alfredop's Profile Photo

Re: Re: year long housing or housing exchange in querétaro

by alfredop Online Now May 26, 2004 at 9:28 PM

Our friend is right. August will be a high demand month as a lot of students arrive and will start the semester. Some of them do semester contracts while some others do annual ones. What you can do rather than staying at a hotel which will be expensive is to look in advance. Some agencies specialize in foreigners and they can send you pictures. If you look for something in Jurica they might not be reasonable that's why you need to provide a reference point. Jurica might be starting from USD$10,000 a month, I actually live there. Juriquilla might be a better option but not much difference. For both the sky might be the limit as you can find places for up to USD$5,000 a month. If you provide more information we'll be glad to help.

• jarturof's Profile Photo

Re: year long housing or housing exchange in querétaro

by jarturof Online Now Aug 15, 2004 at 6:23 PM

try searching in metroscubicos.com

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines